Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 09:58 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
This is a huge problem for the GOP now and into the future. Right or wrong, Republicans and their policies are seen as anti-Latino. Many states that the GOP has been able to count on or at least have been contestable for electoral college votes like Florida, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado may go Democratic forever based on changing demographics.
How is upholding the current immigration law until it changed/replaced being "anti-latino"? Are you suggesting that the only way to be "pro-latino" is to intentionally side step the rule of law? Why would anyone support a POTUS who intentionally sidesteps the rule of law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 10:01 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
I suspect the poster did find those polls and discovered that the facts didn't match up with the "Obama loses in a landslide" rhetoric. At this point, Obama is beating all of the real GOP candidates in head to head matchups and more importantly, is ahead in some key states important for an electoral college victory.

It is increasingly funny to watch the far right theocon Tea Party wing of the GOP begin to learn that their appeal is becoming more selective.
They want...No they need, for voters to believe that Obama can't win. The only way that Obama loses to the current crop of candidates is if people don't vote. They want people to believe that he can't win and not go out and pull the lever. That is not going to work.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:06 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Among registered Latino voters in the 21 most Latino-heavy states, Obama’s advantage is far greater, exceeding two-to-one margins in every case. The president is up 65 percent to 22 percent on Cain, 67 percent to 24 percent on Romney and 68 percent to 21 percent on Perry.

Source:New Poll Puts Obama Far Ahead of GOP With Latino Voters - ABC News

I saw this poll yesterday on Univision's nightly national telecast but apparently the English speaking media has ignored it. The amount of hispanics who voted is expected to double from 6.6 million in 2008 to 12.2 million in 2012. This obviously is very good news for President Obama.
I wonder how many are illegals who acquired a voter registration card???

In reality votes really don't count for much, as we learned how Al Gore won the popular vote but lost the Electoral Vote. The Electoral College will decide who will be President.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
How is upholding the current immigration law until it changed/replaced being "anti-latino"? Are you suggesting that the only way to be "pro-latino" is to intentionally side step the rule of law? Why would anyone support a POTUS who intentionally sidesteps the rule of law?

Reading comprehension is your friend. I said that the GOP policies are viewed by many as anti-Latino. I did not make a judgement one way or the other. If the GOP is perceived as being anti-Latino than that will be reflected in the way that people vote. The rants about the rule of law are just empty bluster unless you can actually change people's perception of the GOP policies. If the GOP continues on their present course with the increasingly virulent anti-immigration rhetoric, they risk losing the Latino vote forever.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:39 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I doubt if old Rob .
You have to be kidding

Old 11-11-2011, 10:47 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Reading comprehension is your friend. I said that the GOP policies are viewed by many as anti-Latino. I did not make a judgement one way or the other. If the GOP is perceived as being anti-Latino than that will be reflected in the way that people vote. The rants about the rule of law are just empty bluster unless you can actually change people's perception of the GOP policies. If the GOP continues on their present course with the increasingly virulent anti-immigration rhetoric, they risk losing the Latino vote forever.
Yes, reading comprehension is your friend. You failed to answer the questions I posed to you.

There is no "anti-immigration" rhetoric. Those are Progressive and La Raza talking points. There is rhetoric against illegal immigration. So, the rants about "anti-immigration are just empty bluster and intellectually dishonest.

The most virulent rhetoric always come from the far left.

Obama/Reid/Pelosi had control of the White House and Congress x 2 years and they failed to pass immigration reform. That should tell the latinos to whom you refer that Obama is using them as a political tool and nothing more. That voters choose to support that is really their failure to accept at face value the candidate's actions whom they choose to support. Afterall, actions speak louder than words; or, at least they should.

Again, why would anyone choose to support a POTUS who intentionally side steps the law knowing that his party had controll of Congress and did absolutley nothing to remedy the situation?

Old 11-11-2011, 12:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
None. That's the master plan. Illegal aliens are going to carry Obama to victory.
They will have to do that if the Republicans nominate Herman Cain because too many blacks would change their votes.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:25 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
This is actually the real story of this thread. The GOP is going to continue to face problems in the polls as time goes on because their base is old and white, two demographics that are shrinking in this country. They seem to be blissfully unaware of this at the moment, and continue to denigrate whole swaths of the population that are growing. They'll eventually get it, but by then it will be too late, if it isn't already.
I say that if you get the outcome you seem to want I will be very unhappy because I am not sure it isn't too late to do anything about the election. However, there is a strong chance that you may be wrong and then Obama will have to declare martial law and do away with the election. Couldn't be, could it.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:26 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Among registered Latino voters in the 21 most Latino-heavy states, Obama’s advantage is far greater, exceeding two-to-one margins in every case. The president is up 65 percent to 22 percent on Cain, 67 percent to 24 percent on Romney and 68 percent to 21 percent on Perry.

Source:http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...latino-voters/

I saw this poll yesterday on Univision's nightly national telecast but apparently the English speaking media has ignored it. The amount of hispanics who voted is expected to double from 6.6 million in 2008 to 12.2 million in 2012. This obviously is very good news for President Obama.
Yes thank you my like minded Latino brothers and sisters. White Dem's don't think you are left out or forgotten,it will take all of us to together to defeat the hateful tea party

Old 11-11-2011, 12:29 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I would have to wonder how many black people may vote for Cain because they are conservative and don't like Obama other than his color. Obama has to win the Hispanic vote, many of those you spoke of would be illegal voters because of their citizenship status, if he is going to beat Cain.
The Black people voting for Black conservatives theory was tested and Debunked in the Maryland Senate Race between Cardin and Steele. Not going to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections