Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 08:59 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,517,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufc1878 View Post
this one is going to be superb. It'll be two hours of pandering neocons blubbering while ron paul shows the light.
yep, I agree.

You can expect a LOT of anti-Iran rhetoric tonight, unfortunately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 10:50 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
How the top three candidates will prep for this debate:

Cain: Google "national security". Practice saying Uzbekistan.
Nah. If Cain is asked a question about national security, he'll just say "9-9-9 will solve that problem!"

Old 11-12-2011, 11:04 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
The writers for SNL don't have to do a thing these days. They just turn on the debates and find all their material already written for them.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:06 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"On Saturday night, CBS News and National Journal will host a Republican presidential primary debate on national security and foreign policy from Spartanburg, S.C. -- watch on the CBS Television Network or here at CBSNews.com at 8 p.m. ET."

Poll: Cain tops 3-way race with Romney, Gingrich - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
this is one I am not going to watch. I will trust others to give their views. It is Sat night, football and the second debate this week: enough is enough.

Nita

Old 11-12-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Nah. If Cain is asked a question about national security, he'll just say "9-9-9 will solve that problem!"
Rarely agree with you, I don't want to blast anyone, but I would have to say, that is a pretty funny comment.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:29 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

You know as silly as that sounds...I wouldn't doubt it...lol. This will not be a good debate for several of the candidates unless they are studying really hard for it.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:57 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,625 times
I hate that they have random questions for only the candidates they pick at that time. I want the same question asked to each individual one so I can know where each one stands on that position.

What the hell was with the non stop questioning about the threat of Iran and Iran must give up their nuclear weapons? Sheesh is that what the GOP will rely on to get elected? they just never change they always use a war to get elected. I am so sick of the same old tactics to get elected. I'm at the point where I just don't give **** if they did have nuclear weapons or anything nuclear, not necessarily for weapons. I am now doubting they even have them and think it's nothing more than false claims just to stir up the pot for votes. Actually fear monguering which is the one thing they seem to know how to do. I thought there were other Countries that had nuclear weapons are they just not as important now? or am I misinformed?

Old 11-13-2011, 08:36 PM

535 posts, read 585,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopbubbles View Post
I hate that they have random questions for only the candidates they pick at that time. I want the same question asked to each individual one so I can know where each one stands on that position.

What the hell was with the non stop questioning about the threat of Iran and Iran must give up their nuclear weapons? Sheesh is that what the GOP will rely on to get elected? they just never change they always use a war to get elected. I am so sick of the same old tactics to get elected. I'm at the point where I just don't give **** if they did have nuclear weapons or anything nuclear, not necessarily for weapons. I am now doubting they even have them and think it's nothing more than false claims just to stir up the pot for votes. Actually fear monguering which is the one thing they seem to know how to do. I thought there were other Countries that had nuclear weapons are they just not as important now? or am I misinformed?

are you joking? even fox doesn't have that many war mongering questions... it's obvious that CBS wants war. And they know the OLDEST OF THE ELDERLY in this country watch CBS, so they are scaring them into sending their grandchildren into war to protect their shameful selfish selves.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:30 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotwhoyouthinkiam View Post
are you joking? even fox doesn't have that many war mongering questions... it's obvious that CBS wants war. And they know the OLDEST OF THE ELDERLY in this country watch CBS, so they are scaring them into sending their grandchildren into war to protect their shameful selfish selves.

Is it really the stations or the Repbulicans paying the stations to center, zero in on war questions and claims, true or not, of whatever Country at that time has nulcear weapons. Every single debate has Repbulicans using war, fear of war, threat from some Country as the center of the main reason to elect them. That's all they talk about and it doesn't matter if the claims of nuclear weapons is true or not just get the public worked up to think we need the Republicans to save us and, of course, Israel or some other Country, from total annihilation. It's the Republicans not the stations. The stations are paid to center in on war because that's what the Republicans want to get the votes. What I don't get is why the Republicans always do this? Is it because the public so freightened they just fall for it everytime or that the US is too anxious to go to war to bully other Countries, or because of religious reasons and they just have to favor Israel because Israel and christianity said to? what? what is it? it can't just be for votes and only because they want votes? or could it?

Old 11-14-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopbubbles View Post

Who was Pres when WW1 broke out, and how about WW2, Korea and Nam? Now, tell us again about using war?

Your screen name seems to fit you quite well.

NIta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections