Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 02:06 PM

773 posts, read 503,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
All you guys do is hurl insults about Obama. When you post something intelligent, maybe you'll get an intelligent response in return.

Go ahead. Impress us. We'll be waiting.
Ummm....it's a CBS poll. It's factual data. Obama is the current POTUS. Why not discuss it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 02:08 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: Poll: Obama disapproval rating on economy at record high - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Yet, his sycophants on C-D still think he's a shoe-in for reelection. Too funny.
Even funnier: In another thread that shows Obama beating every GOP candidate, your response was "Polls don't count." Unbelievable.

Old 11-12-2011, 02:08 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,924,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
Ummm....it's a CBS poll. It's factual data. Obama is the current POTUS. Why not discuss it?
discussing is fine. taking shots at cd members like the op did is what annoys people.

his minions, really?

its saturday, watch football or do something.

Old 11-12-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
thats why i tend to stay away from these threads.

they repeat the same thing again and again, i grow tired of it and move on.

i dont sit at my computer all day posting this stuff like some people do.
The only reason it is the same thing again and again, is because Obama keeps doing the same thing again and again, giving the same failed results again and again

Maybe if Obama would wake up and listen to knowledgeable people, he would try something different and the results would be different. Then maybe his poll numbers would go in a different direction.

Old 11-12-2011, 02:09 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
I've had great discussions here with people who start intelligent threads. If a thread is introduced as this one was, then no, I don't see any reason to give it more intellectual respect than I think it deserves.

Old 11-12-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
discussing is fine. taking shots at cd members like the op did is what annoys people.

his minions, really?

its saturday, watch football or do something.
Well let's see. He posted factual data. The data looks bad for Obama. Obama's CD supporters refuse to discuss his horrible approval numbers and say he will easily win. The OP seems to be spot on.

FWIW - I voted for Obama once. I deeply regret that decision now. I thought he would be a great POTUS. I now think he is in the top two of worst POTUS in my lifetime. BUT, I DO think he will be reelected, simply because the democrat party is far superior in terms of fear mongering and every time the conservatives try to discuss something like SS, they are made out to be evil.

Case in point is this. SS was originally designed for less than a 12 year lifespan in retirement, with about 40 people paying in for every 1 person. Now many people live MUCH longer and only 3 are paying in for 1. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out the retirement age should be raised, but GOD forbid we talk about that like adults. The democrat party will just fear monger and will win with it. That makes me sick.

Old 11-12-2011, 02:21 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
All you guys do is hurl insults about Obama. When you post something intelligent, maybe you'll get an intelligent response in return.

Go ahead. Impress us. We'll be waiting.
Right. Scandals like this, Solyndra, F&F have nothing to do with intelligence. Should not be discussed...aren't WORTH discussing or publicizing...is that what you're saying?

You should just acknowledge your response is ALWAYS the same, no matter the scandal, lie, failure of obama.

Old 11-12-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
I've had great discussions here with people who start intelligent threads. If a thread is introduced as this one was, then no, I don't see any reason to give it more intellectual respect than I think it deserves.
Ok then. I will start another one right now and see how it goes. Please come join with intelligent conversation, being open about Obama's specific policy failures. I bet it doesn't get much open and honest discussion about Obama from the left.

Old 11-12-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Ok then. I will start another one right now and see how it goes. Please come join with intelligent conversation, being open about Obama's specific policy failures. I bet it doesn't get much open and honest discussion about Obama from the left.
Here it is. I hope the left will be willing to have an open and HONEST discussion about Obama.

Obama's Performance

Old 11-12-2011, 02:34 PM

805 posts, read 1,085,128 times
Quote:
Even funnier: In another thread that shows Obama beating every GOP candidate, your response was "Polls don't count." Unbelievable.
The Obama vs. [insert GOP candidate here] polls don't matter at this point in time because people still have no clue who the GOP candidates are. Once the field is narrowed down, and the GOP nominee takes on Obama in a 1-on-1 debate (without his precious teleprompter), it'll be Game, Set, Match. Obama will not, and cannot, run on his record. Look for the fear-mongering to be out in full force. And hopefully, look for the American people to see right through the scheme!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections