Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 08:27 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times

Advertisements

Yeah, Perry is soooooo bad.........

http://www.willisms.com/archives/job...tofalljobs.gif

I guess America would rather have a slick smooth talking president who looses American jobs....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 08:35 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
This is one more instance of Perry being an embarrasment to Texas, whether individual Texans choose to acknowledge that reality or not. What anyone outside the state thinks is: "what were you people thinking when you elected and re-elected this moron?" Perry came to the throne before I moved from Texas. People I knew who had personal dealings with him described him in terms of a compound word that is a crude expression for anus (since C-D forum will turn the correct word into a bunch of asterisks). As far as I can tell from afar, he has become more and more grotesque in the years since I left the State -- which puts me in the same category of people asking, "Why did you people keep putting this guy in office?" At least I think we can now be assured that he won't be re-elected to the governorship again and that his political career will likely be done for within the next few months.
From everything I have read about the Texas government, the Governor really doesn't do too much at all and is in fact more of a figurehead than anything else. That could well explain how such a clueless person like Perry could very well be a good do nothing governor.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:37 PM

386 posts, read 232,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
Another idiot making Texans look bad!
What part of Texas are you from?

Old 11-30-2011, 11:29 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Hot on the heels of his debate "senior moment," Goodhair decides to one-up himself by making two major stupid flubs in the same sentence. According to Rick you have to be 21 to vote, and election day is Monday, November 12th, 2012.

He really is Dubya without the brains, isn't he? What an idiot.

Oops. Rick Perry doesn't know the legal voting age | Trail Blazers Blog | dallasnews.com

If you put Dubya's brain on a razor blade, it would look like a bb on a four lane highway. I'd hate to see Perry top that!!

Old 12-01-2011, 12:11 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBrown80 View Post
Obama is a member of the UCC, a christian denomination, and has been for decades, long before he ever got into politics. This is well documented and easily researchable. So yes, we are sure of what religion he is.

The above statement, which is so easily disprovable, is EXACTLY what I am talking about in my posts.......you can't just attack Obama's political positions, you have to intimate something nefarious about him personally. His religion is his buisness. The constitution specifically forbids a religious litmus test for political office. The issue of the presidents religion should not even come up. But if it does, we should take his word for it (just like we would with anyone else) OR, if his word is not good enough because you hate him so much, you could easily research the issue and find out on your own, that he is a christian (not that it should matter). I can't stand Romney, but there is something deeply un-American about what he is going thru with the scrutiny on his Mormon faith.

But when you choose to ignore the statements and the facts about the presidents religion, and continue to intimate that maybe he's lying or hiding something....then YOU are part of the problem.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:40 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times
Quote:
Hot on the heels of his debate "senior moment," Goodhair decides to one-up himself by making two major stupid flubs in the same sentence. According to Rick you have to be 21 to vote, and election day is Monday, November 12th, 2012.

He really is Dubya without the brains, isn't he? What an idiot.

Oops. Rick Perry doesn't know the legal voting age | Trail Blazers Blog | dallasnews.com

do you need a hug ?

did you hear the Messah Obama refer to the British Embassy in Iran as the "English Embassy"
Do you realize how incredibly IGNORANT/STUPID that is ?

Old 12-01-2011, 12:50 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
He really is Dubya without the brains
Does this statement qualify as an oxymoron?

Old 12-01-2011, 01:19 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
To be fair, even though I don't like Rick Perry, people do misspeak and forget things. The problem with Rick Perry is that he is always saying something stupid. After a certain point, you have to wonder if any of the excuses I listed even apply to him.
They ripped on Bush.

We ripped on St. Hope and Change.

They rip on Perry.

I'm done fighting this crap. People are going to rip on the slightest gaffes. Not one single voter EVER misspeaks. Remember that.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:03 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPlanoDude View Post
He's like God here in Texas, though.
Not to everyone, believe me. My oldest daughter and her family live in Texas. Last night when talking with her on the phone she said that she has never liked Perry and knew he wasn't very bright but now she is downright embarrassed to admit that she lives in a state that would actually elect this idiot. I reminded her that she comes from and I still live in a state that elected Walker as our governor. She paused and said; "yes, you're right, it could be worse.....I could have Walker as governor.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:25 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPlanoDude View Post
He's like God here in Texas, though.

More like a god with Down's Syndrome...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections