Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 09:23 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
You should keep up to date. He said on Hannity's show a few days ago that making that video was a big mistake and was dumb.

When asked if he thinks global warming/climate change (whatever they call it now) exists he said, "We don't know." That video you posted is out-of-date and irrelevant.

I think it is highly relevant. Despite his many character flaws, Newt is smart guy, if he is saying he no longer believes in global warming, I think I am going to assume he is lying. Perry? maybe, Newt? No way. Sad to think becoming a Flat Earther is what it takes to get the GOP nomination these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 11:04 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
I just can't back Newt. I think he would be too dangerous. He mouths off which is funny if he's NOT the POTUS! He wants to continue our collision course to doom on our way to "world domination". He's not the most moral character and I can't stand behind his views on illegals. I will NOT vote for Newt.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:50 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I agree totally. Self-sabotage is his most consistent quality. He absolutely cannot control his mouth...never could. If the thought enters his brain, it has to exit his mouth...no matter what the consequenses. I would say he has low impulse control considering this and other areas where he has never had much control either.
I love what I heard Chris Matthews say about Gingrich in that interview - "There's Newt Gingrich saying how great he is in front of a Christmas tree. He's his own Christmas present to himself, this guy. He's the happiest egomaniac i've ever seen in my life.

Hahahahahahahahahaha! That would exactly be Newt.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:05 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,891 times
to quote a smart feller we haven't lived lives sufficiently pleasing to god to have newt gingrich as the candidate

Old 12-02-2011, 12:17 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I love what I heard Chris Matthews say about Gingrich in that interview - "There's Newt Gingrich saying how great he is in front of a Christmas tree. He's his own Christmas present to himself, this guy. He's the happiest egomaniac i've ever seen in my life.

Hahahahahahahahahaha! That would exactly be Newt.

He certainly is full of himself, that's for sure. He must know something some of us don't.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:20 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notasmoker View Post
And don't you think, if Newt was having an affair during the Clinton impeachment hearings, there are other women out there who will come forward to take Newt down, a la the "Cain Train?" After all, Newt, devout Christian that he is, was thrice married. If he fooled around on his wives with one women, likely there are others. Romney's camp probably already has names.
I read tons of comments that say voters won't go for a serial cheater, but everyone has known about Newt's philandering from the first. So why is he sitting on top right now?

A few months ago, he was blasted for jetting off to a party during an important time for him, then was blasted again for having a $500,000 revolving account with Tiffany's while trying to raise campaign money. But here he sits, on top of the polls.

...and that's just a little bit of the many mistakes and problems he has made for himself so far. I could keep typing until my fingers fall off and wouldn't list them all.

Maybe it's just that he has persisted and everyone just got used to him. Old grubby Newt... his hubris and arrogance is like a bulletproof suit.

He's like the guy with the dirty hair and greasy coat who always is sitting at the counter of your favorite café whenever you go there for lunch.

It's very peculiar, for sure. Many Democrats and Republicans alike have been brought down permanently for less. And he now has a big lead in Iowa. Go figure.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:27 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
I think it just says a lot of people are hypocrites. They talk a lot of talk about what is important..family values, character, fidelity, but they really don't value it as much as they pretend to.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:56 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I read tons of comments that say voters won't go for a serial cheater, but everyone has known about Newt's philandering from the first. So why is he sitting on top right now?

A few months ago, he was blasted for jetting off to a party during an important time for him, then was blasted again for having a $500,000 revolving account with Tiffany's while trying to raise campaign money. But here he sits, on top of the polls.

...and that's just a little bit of the many mistakes and problems he has made for himself so far. I could keep typing until my fingers fall off and wouldn't list them all.

Maybe it's just that he has persisted and everyone just got used to him. Old grubby Newt... his hubris and arrogance is like a bulletproof suit.

He's like the guy with the dirty hair and greasy coat who always is sitting at the counter of your favorite café whenever you go there for lunch.

It's very peculiar, for sure. Many Democrats and Republicans alike have been brought down permanently for less. And he now has a big lead in Iowa. Go figure.

Having considered carefully...why Gingrich has bolted out this much in the GOP race...it appears to be 2 key factors involved.

1) The GOP has put on an all out effort to sabotage Mitt Romney, and Newt is in the right place, at the right time.

2) This reason may be even more compelling. Gingrich has gone after Obama with skill and fervent gusto...and that has been exactly what many disgusted, hurting Americans want to see and hear from a candidate.

But, lookout now, Mr. Gingrich...because when you are personally confronted with your past...and your many unpopular proposals and ideas for a future America, you will be rudely dismissed, as Cain has been...as Mitt is being, as Perry was, as Bachmann...as Paul, etc., and you too....will be history.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:07 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Looks like Newt will be the last man standing, for better or worse. Next question: who will he pick as a running mate?

Old 12-02-2011, 02:29 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
This reason may be even more compelling. Gingrich has gone after Obama with skill and fervent gusto...and that has been exactly what many disgusted, hurting Americans want to see and hear from a candidate.
Somewhat related and it's been mentioned elsewhere but Gingrich's current success stems in part from the fact that he instinctively better understands than any of the other not-Romneys how to hit the right buttons in terms of conservative speech, and unlike the other candidates when he goes overboard it's not in a way that turns off base voters. Then again, he pioneered the rhetorical shift away from merely disagreeing with political opponents and toward vilifying them as people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections