Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 10:40 AM

1,282 posts, read 1,904,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Nope, this is not an article from the onion. Newt also suggested that would put mirrors on the moon so that the light from the moon would eliminate the need for street lights. Really you can't make this stuff up.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/09/op...me&ref=general
Is that a "shovel ready project"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 10:41 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas joe View Post
is that a "shovel ready project"?
lol!

Old 12-11-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
In my utopia, Huntsman. The part of me that lives in reality, Romney.
That is where I am too. To me, the most fiscally responsible candidate is Huntsman. He did a good job in Utah.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:44 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,366,662 times
Quote:
All they need to do is contact his Republican base when he was in Congress... East Cobb County Georgia. I don't think he could get elected dog catcher there now.
Yup and I don't live in Cobb Co. but I "survived Nu-EWt" the first time and I can't stand him.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
All they need to do is contact his Republican base when he was in Congress... East Cobb County Georgia. I don't think he could get elected dog catcher there now.
Figures he would be from a place like that. Probably a rural dirt road county full of old pick up trucks, confederate flags and trailer parks. Isn't that where they put you in jail for NOT having a gun?

Old 12-11-2011, 10:47 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Expect much more where this came from. Outrageous "big" ideas are Newt's speciality. If that man is in the White House, he will not even be aware of what's going on day-to-day in Afghanistan. In his mind, he'll be fighting the future war of 2212 with space aliens.
Maybe Newt has already done it in super secret??? Maybe he made a deal with Branson.

space 1999 - Bing Videos

Old 12-11-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
Figures he would be from a place like that. Probably a rural dirt road county full of old pick up trucks, confederate flags and trailer parks. Isn't that where they put you in jail for NOT having a gun?
lol.. Vegas. Actually, it's a wealthy suburb of Atlanta with many transplants from the Northeast. Their public high schools consistenly make the top ten lists of best in the nation. Close though.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
lol.. Vegas. Actually, it's a wealthy suburb of Atlanta with many transplants from the Northeast. Their public high schools consistenly make the top ten lists of best in the nation. Close though.
Well I don't know a whole lot about that part of Georgia. I was there for 2 years in the Army many years ago but I was in Hinesville which is close to Savannah. The only part of Atlanta I have ever seen is the airport.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Well I don't know a whole lot about that part of Georgia. I was there for 2 years in the Army many years ago but I was in Hinesville which is close to Savannah. The only part of Atlanta I have ever seen is the airport.
I didn't know a lot about Georgia either until the Army brought me here. Most of it is in the Atlanta metro area, which is nothing like the trailer park stereotypes the typical west coaster pictures. I can't blame you too much for thinking Cobb County is some redneck backwater. I assumed the same in the 1990s, when I heard it was Newt's district.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:45 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:

Yep, that is where they will put you in jail for not having a gun. Now I am o.k. with the 2nd Amendment for the rights to own a gun if you choose. I am not o.k. with the requirement that you HAVE to own a gun. That is Newt's old district.

Southern U.S. town proud of its mandatory gun law | Reuters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections