U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-09-2008, 05:26 AM
 
25,905 posts, read 39,198,746 times
Reputation: 13898

Advertisements

This morning Obama fliped flopped again.

When Matt Lauer asked about how Obama could have a problem when people are having comments on his wife...since she isn't a public figure,....."why did you Mr. Obama put your whole family on tv, while you have stated you will not put them in the lime light".....it was all because of a happy birthday party and he was overwhelmed and shouldn't have done it and it won't happen again.....okay this is not important at all but it shows that Obama can't make any normal judment call and how will he react when he is in office.


Do we expect a commander and chief to flip flop all the time or do we expect a person to be toff and knows what he is doing....I have the feeling that we all can become commander and chief and answer as we like and than change it.....if Obama gets elected.....so far I have a lot of respect of the difficult dicisions the president has made.

We are winning in Iraq and still Obama and the dem. are talking trash...Obama just said we have to get the army home and put them in jobs so we can get a different kind of energy....so Obama is going to tell them where they have to work. Well Mr. Obama other countries are going to drill off the coast of Florida, so shouldn't we do that....

This guy is showing his true colors and his flip flopping should earn him an award...than leave and let a man with knowledge take over.
How does Obama have a reasonable discussion with the General...Obama doesn't even know a thing about the army and yet has to go to Iraq!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-09-2008, 05:30 AM
 
Location: a nation with hope
13,153 posts, read 17,431,532 times
Reputation: 5026
He's not flip flopping. He's flexible (or so he claims).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2008, 05:47 AM
 
25,905 posts, read 39,198,746 times
Reputation: 13898
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
He's not flip flopping. He's flexible (or so he claims).
That is a good description!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2008, 05:52 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
12,646 posts, read 13,923,680 times
Reputation: 1679
Senator Obama has been to Iraq. Check your facts. Where is the information regarding the sanctions? Why do you oppose tougher sanctions? Do you know who Senator Obama called for tougher sanctions against? What do tougher sanctions have to do with his family?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2008, 05:55 AM
 
454 posts, read 678,920 times
Reputation: 101
When Hillary voted for a bill to brand the Revolutionary guard in Iran as a terrorist group, Obama said Hillary was reckless and she would want to go to war with Iran. A couple of weeks ago, Obama reversed his position and branded the guards as a terrorist organization.

Senator Obama to use your own argument, aren't you being reckless here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2008, 09:39 AM
 
29,800 posts, read 34,894,042 times
Reputation: 11720
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
This morning Obama fliped flopped again.

When Matt Lauer asked about how Obama could have a problem when people are having comments on his wife...since she isn't a public figure,....."why did you Mr. Obama put your whole family on tv, while you have stated you will not put them in the lime light".....it was all because of a happy birthday party and he was overwhelmed and shouldn't have done it and it won't happen again.....okay this is not important at all but it shows that Obama can't make any normal judment call and how will he react when he is in office.


Do we expect a commander and chief to flip flop all the time or do we expect a person to be toff and knows what he is doing....I have the feeling that we all can become commander and chief and answer as we like and than change it.....if Obama gets elected.....so far I have a lot of respect of the difficult dicisions the president has made.

We are winning in Iraq and still Obama and the dem. are talking trash...Obama just said we have to get the army home and put them in jobs so we can get a different kind of energy....so Obama is going to tell them where they have to work. Well Mr. Obama other countries are going to drill off the coast of Florida, so shouldn't we do that....

This guy is showing his true colors and his flip flopping should earn him an award...than leave and let a man with knowledge take over.
How does Obama have a reasonable discussion with the General...Obama doesn't even know a thing about the army and yet has to go to Iraq!!!
[/i]


Does your thread title Imply that Obama is flip flopping about Iran yet your post lists other examples. Wouldn't some consider that misleading and trying to make someone who just read the thread title assume it was about Obama flip flopping on Iran? Just curious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2008, 11:50 AM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,314 posts, read 39,617,572 times
Reputation: 7107
Quote:
Senator Obama has been to Iraq. Check your facts. Where is the information regarding the sanctions? Why do you oppose tougher sanctions? Do you know who Senator Obama called for tougher sanctions against? What do tougher sanctions have to do with his family?
It's been 900 days since his last visit. He's only been there twice, the last in 2006. Seems he would have wanted to see the progress of the surge he opposed.

Obama says we should get tougher with Iran? What the heck does he think we and other European nations have been doing? They are being sanctioned, severely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2008, 03:10 PM
 
Location: Tea Party Headquaters
152 posts, read 185,636 times
Reputation: 81
Default Good for America or Bad for America?

I feel sorry for Obama because he has no idea what he has stepped into.
He made history by being the First African American
to become President. I applaud him for that. It was long overdue.
In time he may become known as the "Worst President in American History" (by doing what he said he was going to do) or known as "The Biggest Flip Flopper in American History". Either way he can't win. That's why I say he has no idea what he stepped into.
The Democrats don't know what
kind of pickle they put their self into. It cost 600 million dollars to get him there and afterwards they gave the next election to the Republicans on a silver platter.
The American people fell for the garbage the
drive by media was selling them and decided to go for a "Fashion Statement" instead of someone with values. What can I say. I told you not to drink the kool-aid.
One thing you do not hear the drive by media
talking about; is if there is any truth that Iran conducted an underground nuclear test. I wonder why? Could it be that the Republican's so called "Fear Mongering" was correct.

(all sources listed below)
Obama says he is against "Illegal Immigration" The drive by media hasn't told you that his aunt is an Illegal Alien. They didn't tell you that she is living in government housing paid for with your tax dollars. Probably living off of food stamps with her medical bills covered at tax payers expense. Lets see him flip flop on that one.
Obama flip flopped on the Russia & Georgia issue. Now Russia is emplacing missiles along the border of Poland and helping Cuba beef up it's Anti-Air Defenses.
Hama's is breaking the treaty with Israel and the Arab leaders are already asking Obama to intervene. As if Israel doesn't have the right to protect itself.
Obama has showed he can talk the talk, now let's see if he can walk the walk.

sources:

Iran says it tested nuclear bomb
http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default...=178&nid=17436

Obama Had No Idea His Kenyan Aunt Was an Illegal Immigrant www.efluxmedia.com/news_Obama_Had_No_Idea_His_Kenyan_Aunt_Was_an_Ille gal_Immigrant_27984.html (broken link)

Russia to Offer Cuba Air Defense Aid: Report http://www.newsroomamerica.com/world....php?id=435979

Russia's Military to Check Cuba's Missile Defense Facilities - Kommersant Moscow
http://www.kommersant.com/p-13444/r_...ense_military/

(note the statement on nuclear bombers)
NTI: Global Security Newswire - Next U.S. President to Continue European
Missile Defense Project, Agency Chief Says http://www.globalsecuritynewswire.or...81030_4559.php

RIA Novosti - Opinion & analysis - What the Russian papers say http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20081028/117999330.html

Israeli airstrikes target Hamas - Israel-Palestinians www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18714113/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2008, 03:15 PM
 
34,990 posts, read 34,764,818 times
Reputation: 6163
He's received top-secret information in the last two days - stuff that even Senators can't know, I suppose.

ABC News: Obama To Get Top Secret CIA Briefing; Top Intelligence Official Heads to Chicago with "Burdens of Office" Including al Qaeda, Iraq, Iran

Would you rather he lied to us, or didnt say anything? He said he was going to be open.

(Im guessing you found some article or watched a TV program, OP, that justifies your thread title - dont really get the connection between it and your post.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2008, 03:17 PM
 
Location: The Land of Lincoln
2,522 posts, read 3,926,391 times
Reputation: 574
Get used to it. He has been practicing in the Illinois legislature for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:52 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top