Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 12:46 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,694 times

Advertisements

Ron Paul Attacked for Views on Health Care - ABC News

Dec 19, 2011 10:50pm

Ron Paul Attacked for Views on Health Care

Ron Paul’s views on health care came under fire tonight at a campaign stop in New Hampshire, where his position on eliminating Medicaid was met with open hostility from the audience.
Paul has called for the eventual elimination of Medicare and Medicaid and has suggested that charity hospitals should pick up the slack for the uninsured. That view got one woman in Manchester up in arms.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-21-2011 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 01:20 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Another quality article from a quality guy!

Just follow the link and after you read this hit piece cleverly disguised as news, scroll down and read the comments. Many of the comments are from people who were there, and they all say that it didn't happen the way that they reported it. There were no hostilities, it was just a simple question and answer session. They are completely blowing it out of proportion and putting a negative spin on it as if Ron Paul somehow lost face ... Ridiculous.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Another quality article from a quality guy!

Just follow the link and after you read the hit piece cleverly disguised as news, scroll down and read the comments. Many of the comments are from people who were there. And they all say that it didn't happen the way that they reported it. There were no hostilities, it was just a simple question and answer session. They are completely blowing it out of proportion and putting a negative spin on it as if Ron Paul somehow lost face ... Ridiculous.
Another of your Spinmeister attempts to deflect the issue. The fact is, Paul would pull the rug out from under sick needy American citizens...who have no way of affording decent Healthcare. Even Obama is not that heartless. This country would fast become a third world nation under Dr. Kevorkian...'er, Ron Paul. This guy is off his rocker...in a multitude of irresponsibile ways.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:55 AM

865 posts, read 676,241 times
"Ron Paul’s views on health care came under fire tonight at a campaign stop in New Hampshire, where his position on eliminating Medicaid was met with open hostility from the audience."

Nice read. I saw that Town Hall meeting, and this is far from true. The audience liked his response and cheered with no hostility. There was one person that asked about 43%, but Dr. Paul answered her clearly. He was more upset that she rudely cut off another person that was asking a question, and that's when he told her that he already gave her an answer. Ron was a lot more patient with her.

He doesn't cut Medicare, he realizes many have become dependent on it. He advocated medical savings plans as an alternative that can give people MORE choices. He is introducing competition for the system, which in turn will cut incentive for price gouging.

For once in your life, get your facts straight, quality guy. LOL

Old 12-21-2011, 01:59 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Regardless of how it played out tonight in New Hampshire...he would end Medicaid and Medicare. If he thinks Drs. and hospitals can or will take care of folks in this country for free, he really is crazy. The amount of that the hospitals are doing now is what is causing all of us that pay for our healthcare and health Insurance to see rising costs continuously. This would be a big step back in this country that is not in the right direction. I do agree that all of the abuse and fraud should be gotten rid of. That would make both programs more feasible cost wise immediately.

As much money as we waste in this country, surely we can take care of the children, the disabled and the elderly and not let them suffer with illness unecessarily. It is cold-hearted in my opinion not to.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Regardless of how it played out tonight in New Hampshire...he would end Medicaid and Medicare. If he thinks Drs. and hospitals can or will take care of folks in this country for free, he really is crazy. The amount of that the hospitals are doing now is what is causing all of us that pay for our healthcare and health Insurance to see rising costs continuously. This would be a big step back in this country that is not in the right direction. I do agree that all of the abuse and fraud should be gotten rid of. That would make both programs more feasible cost wise immediately.

As much money as we waste in this country, surely we can take care of the children, the disabled and the elderly and not let them suffer with illness unecessarily. It is cold-hearted in my opinion not to.

But.... he.... doesn't propose to end medicare or medicaid. What is your point?

Old 12-21-2011, 02:04 AM

LOL, the author of this article revised the piece twice now. They didn't even fact check, heck the comments called him out for publishing such a flawed hit-piece.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:11 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
But.... he.... doesn't propose to end medicare or medicaid. What is your point?

I have heard him talk about ending both eventually. He has said those on Medicare now or soon to be wouldn't be affected but he would plan on phasing it out. Now that was a while ago, maybe he changed it since then and I know he would end Medicaid because he talked about that during one of the debates...it's referenced in the article. He thinks drs. and hospitals will take care of people as charity cases.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:35 AM

Quote:
I have heard him talk about ending both eventually. He has said those on Medicare now or soon to be wouldn't be affected but he would plan on phasing it out. Now that was a while ago, maybe he changed it since then and I know he would end Medicaid because he talked about that during one of the debates...it's referenced in the article. He thinks drs. and hospitals will take care of people as charity cases.
Now hold on, you have been one of the more intelligent people here, please don't tell me you misunderstand context?

He gets asked, specifically, "How would people get treated if there was no healthcare?" In that context, he gives them the same answer of providing an example of how it can be done, because they ask the question that way.
Now pay attention to the other variant of the question, which gets a different answer, and spot the serious differences with the question. "What do you intend on doing with the healthcare programs that people are dependant upon?" To which he responds the same way, (paraphrase) I would save those programs and cut spending elsewhere. I would give people the ability to opt out of any of the programs that they do not want to participate in.

See, two different questions. Very clear questions, very clear answers.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:02 AM

Quote:

Quote:
If he thinks Drs. and hospitals can or will take care of folks in this country for free, he really is crazy.
The quote above is all that needs saying...

Well done. You've articulated the frightening reality of a Ron Paul adminstration! And this issue is just one of many...this weird, thoughtless man would complicate for the citizens of America.

People, you better take a long...hard look at this delusional candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections