Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 11:24 AM

753 posts, read 843,474 times

Advertisements

Why is that the media hates to cover guys that are actually proven Statesmen that can work with everyone and get things done?

Not dramatic enough for the 24-hour "News", I guess.

Jon Huntsman on the tea party, the polls, and his hair: the Yahoo News interview | The Ticket - Yahoo! News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 11:37 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,815,163 times
Huntsman is sane, rational, and professional, all things that don't go over well with most GOP supporters.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:38 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,171,305 times
How is it you see he is rising? I mean he is up to 6% in New Hampshire, but that is the only movement in the polls in a positive direction I have seen.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
How is it you see he is rising? I mean he is up to 6% in New Hampshire, but that is the only movement in the polls in a positive direction I have seen.
Sort of why I used a question mark instead of another form of punctuation.

But yes, a little movement in NH and that's without hardcore TV ads yet.

Can he make any major movement? I mean, the GOP frontrunners are a joke. This guy looks like someone the country would vote for in a race with Obama.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:59 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,207,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcolaFLGuy View Post

Can he make any major movement? I mean, the GOP frontrunners are a joke. This guy looks like someone the country would vote for in a race with Obama.
I still think he's a long shot, but he's got everything--he's sane, smart, moderate in the old school/Reagan conservative tradition, and he has business, foreign policy and executive leadership experience. He's likable. I keep hoping that the front runners will keep shooting each other in a circle long enough that people start giving him a more serious look. He's put everything on New Hampshire, and as he starts to gain more visibility there the media could start to play him up more. We'll see.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:15 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,171,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcolaFLGuy View Post

He is not a candidate Republicans as a whole find appealing.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
You're absolutely right and it will lead to another defeat in 2012.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:23 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,282,846 times
He needs to drop out of the race and endorse Ron Paul

Huntsman has no chance of winning-- but Ron Paul does. This would probably please most of Hunstman's supporters.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Why? I'm seriously curious what the problem is with him. Because he served as an ambassador in the Obama administration? Those positions have crossed party lines lots of times in the past, and that's not exactly rolling up your sleeves in the D's domestic issues. It looks like it was a "keep your enemies closer" move by the D's because they know Huntsman could be a real threat in terms of the independent vote, and even some conservative/moderate D's.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:25 PM

Is it because of the far right end of the party? Romney won't pull them in either...and Huntsman has less baggage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections