Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 08:43 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,389,331 times

Advertisements

For the past three years, all we've heard about is the "enthusiasm gap" between the GOP and the Dems in the run-up to 2012. That Republicans can't wait to go to the polls and pull the lever against Obama.

But what happens to all that enthusiasm on the Right if the Machine has its way, and the GOP nominee is Mitt Romney?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 08:51 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,113 times
Some of the folks will vote for ANYONE but Obama... even if it means he/she might turn out to be just as bad...or worse. People think having an R next to a candidate's name is all they need.

I am only voting if Ron Paul is on the ballot. Period. Voting for the "lesser of two evils" just does not fly with me.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:15 PM

51 posts, read 44,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Some of the folks will vote for ANYONE but Obama... even if it means he/she might turn out to be just as bad...or worse. People think having an R next to a candidate's name is all they need.
Yes, and especially active republicans, who are delegates, should think like that, right? So, in a brokered convention they might think that if they don't nominate Ron Paul, the GOP will have to run against him as an independent. And then Obama and the letter D will likely win...

Old 12-24-2011, 09:39 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
It is a shame you won't be voting in the general election, but there is no way Paul will ever get the nomination... Unfortunately it will be Romney (aka Obama light)

Old 12-24-2011, 09:41 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:

I am only voting if Ron Paul is on the ballot. Period. Voting for the "lesser of two evils" just does not fly with me.
Which is worse? Voting for someone who has proven that they can run this once great nation into the ground for the last four years at an unprecedented rate, or someone who hasn't had the chance yet? While Romney is far from ideal, it is hard to imagine him being as bad as Obama, especially when it comes to adding to our national debt.

Yeah, lesser of two evils sucks. The sensible thing would be to go for Ron Paul. But for those who just can't accept Ron Paul because they're addicted to big military and big government, I'd rather they vote for the lesser of two evils than the greater of two evils.

Ideally, Paul wins the nomination and we don't have to worry about all of that. It's nice to have a choice that is not "the lesser of two evils."

The beautiful part is this: Even if he does not win, Paul's success will have the two parties all in a scramble to figure out why his message resonates so strongly with so many Americans and then they likely try to copy some or all of it. This isn't the first time that a strong movement from the people showed up, and the monopoly of two either listens or loses power in the next 12 years.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:57 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,638 times
Yes, there is no difference between Obama (Black Romney) and Romney (White Obama). A vote for either of them is a WASTE. Lesser of the two evils is still evil. Write-in Ron Paul!

godofthunder9010, you still haven't answered me about how Romney intends to pay for all his military adventurism when we are so much in debt. I have been asking the same question many times, but yet to receive an answer.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:15 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
godofthunder9010, you still haven't answered me about how Romney intends to pay for all his military adventurism when we are so much in debt. I have been asking the same question many times, but yet to receive an answer.
Sorry about that, I miss stuff and I actually hadn't run into it yet.

How would he pay for military adventurism? Not a clue. The game plan is always to cut from other programs. Borrow from Peter to pay Paul, so to speak. But I think anyone beating Obama is a mandate against his reckless borrow-borrow-borrow then spend-spend-spend economics. Hopefully Romney wouldn't put added military on credit, but old habits die hard as they say.

Old 12-25-2011, 04:21 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,481,099 times
Quote:

Keep in mind politics are perception. Romney may not have to be any better then Oby for things to turn for the better.

Old 12-25-2011, 06:30 AM

740 posts, read 1,974,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Keep in mind politics are perception. Romney may not have to be any better then Oby for things to turn for the better.
Or possibly worse? Keep in mind people voted for Obama over Bush for that very reason. Lesser of two evils, and how did that turn out?

Romney would be no different, or possibly even worse than Obama. Most of these warmongering candidates pay homage to the same people, and we will have the same results in the end.

Old 12-25-2011, 06:37 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post

I do NOT trust Romney. Period. Flip flops on a daily basis. For God's sake, there are videos all over the internet.

MittvMitt.com: The story of two men trapped in one body - YouTube

The Republicans used to make fun of John Kerry for doing the exact same thing. They criticized the man over and over and over but Romney can get away with it because he has an R next to his name?

Thank you Romney, because of you I have to pay a fine AGAIN next year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections