Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 05:36 AM

86 posts, read 79,316 times

Advertisements

Theres alot of arrogance and ignorance in this thread and in the world for that matter. I feel bad for alot of people, because they simply don't understand, but they believe themselves to be intelligent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 06:17 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Thumbs down Santorum wants government laws to comport with Christian laws

Taliban, anyone?

Iran, anyone?

Theocrats...

Old 01-26-2012, 07:49 AM

1,482 posts, read 2,384,949 times
Is this man an American or a foreigner. He must be aware that for more than two centuries Americans have been taught about the separation of church and state. This is ingrained in the American psyche and for good reason. In only considering Christianity there are great differences for believer between mainstream Protestants, Catholics, Mormons and Evangelical Christians. Just bridging the gaps between these is difficult and next to impossible when you add Jews, Muslims, Buddhists etc. His ideas on this are totally impractical. That being the case he doesn't appear even politically as a practical leader in my eyes. I can no longer consider him a viable candidate. I already have a capable mentor for my spiritual needs I don't need a politician to dictate his beliefs to me because he (the politician) is really not qualified for this. I wonder if the people running are even qualified to deal with the separation of powers, checks and balances, The Constitution etc etc.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:26 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
This guy is pushing for big government and wants us to conform to his Christianity. The article below describes Santorum's views, and it is pretty scary.

Santorum wants to impose 'Judeo-Christian Sharia' - CNN.com

Here's an observation I have to point out. I recall a percentage of the GOP base not wanting Romney because of his Mormon faith, but it is baffling to me how Rick Santorum is getting a surge in the poll because he's a religious nutcase and he appears to be far worse than Rick Perry.
Santorum can't win. I would say he should drop out but would his electorate go to Newt or Romney? Obama is a very beatable candidate but Republicans need to put up somebody who can do it.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:07 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Santorum can't win. I would say he should drop out but would his electorate go to Newt or Romney? Obama is a very beatable candidate but Republicans need to put up somebody who can do it.

I think the supporters for any non-Mitt candidate will go to whichever non-Mitt remains if their guy drops out.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:08 AM

791 posts, read 460,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I think the supporters for any non-Mitt candidate will go to whichever non-Mitt remains if their guy drops out.
Unless of course that last man is Ron Paul...

Old 01-26-2012, 03:08 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
Unless of course that last man is Ron Paul...

Well, what happens if Santo and Newt drop out?

Old 01-26-2012, 03:11 PM

791 posts, read 460,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Well, what happens if Santo and Newt drop out?
I don't know, but I sure hope I get to find out...

Old 01-26-2012, 03:16 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
The current crop of evangelical candidates are those who seek a Christian nationalism, and pretty much they want to rule the world and demand everyone abide by their interpretation of the incoherent Bible from which they pull their ideas. They are happy to go to war, they could care less how many innocent people die as "collateral damage", and they demand that no one question a single penny of money used on military expenditures while they simultaneously denounce the idea of government helping the poor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections