Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 10:19 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,389,835 times

Advertisements

Whatever drama and suspense the GOP campaign might have had, it is vanishing quickly. The other candidates on the stage tonight took shots at each other but pretty much left Romney alone. It's as if they are conceding the race to him, and don't want to bruise him much. Maybe they are angling for the VP slot??? Cabinet posts???

No Cain, no Palin, no Christie, no Ryan, no Rubio...no fun. Soon, no Paul, Santoum, or Gingrich either. Paulistas, Christian evangelicals, and the TP crowd will soon be tuning out altogether, as Willard locks this thing up.

How the heck is "Weekend at Willard's" supposed to maintain any kind of momentum, or keep the base's interest, till the convention, let alone election day? Especially in the face of the on-going Obama ecomomic recovery.

As the economy improves, what else is Willard going to complain about? Obamacare??? He wrote the book. Iran??? Iran is LOSING the proxy war with the US and Israel, big time. By this summer, their economy will be ruined, and regime change could well occur, without us having fired a shot. ANOTHER FP victory for the Obama Admin.

Soon, the entire Obama re-election effort will focus all of its cash and energy on beating Romney. How do you think he'll hold up? All they have to do is confront Mitt with tapes of himself. He's already a punchy, stammering, flop-sweaty mess, and no one's said "Boo!" to him yet. He's going to take at least six months trying to explain why be pays close to zero taxes on millions of dollars in income (and yes, he'll eventually be pressured into releasing his tax returns).

Conservatives- do you get the feeling the party sold you out- AGAIN??? And ALL GOPers- do you get the feeling you being set up to be deckhands on the Titanic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 10:37 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,098,392 times
Your gonna be in for a big letdown on your "Hope" for an "0bama economic recovery" LOL

Ron Paul needs to let Romney keep quiet and take out the rest of em, then he will be able to easily tear Mitt apart...

The fact is all of em including O are blatantly in your face full of **** with the exception of Ron Paul whose been right for 30 years and has been saying the same things all along...

The markets and economy are gonna head south soon...

Old 01-07-2012, 10:48 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,584 times
Well it isn't going to help the eventual gop nominee if he gets beat up for months by his own party before getting the nomination.Soon romney will be able to focus his cash and energy on beating obama,and hes going to need all the cash and energy he can get.

I suppose time will tell if everything is as rosy in the fall as you predict it will be.If it is I guess your guy is a shoo-in to not have to move for four more years....if not....maybe it will be time to put a new face to hope and change

Obama has plenty of blather on tape to play back at him too and while he may be the master of the teleprompter he is not that impressive when debating off the cuff.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:49 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,278,236 times
With the Republican party using proportional representation for delegates this time around, the race can stay 3-4 deep for a long time before the leader runs away with it. I'm guessing the second-tier candidates are all biding their time, being satisfied to just stay close so that they can solidify their bases and maybe pick up some supporters from the dropouts before they turn the big guns on the leader.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:54 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
With the Republican party using proportional representation for delegates this time around, the race can stay 3-4 deep for a long time before the leader runs away with it. I'm guessing the second-tier candidates are all biding their time, being satisfied to just stay close so that they can solidify their bases and maybe pick up some supporters from the dropouts before they turn the big guns on the leader.
Only a few early states are using proportional representation this time.I dont think any after february are.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:13 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Soon, the entire Obama re-election effort will focus all of its cash and energy on beating Romney. How do you think he'll hold up? All they have to do is confront Mitt with tapes of himself. He's already a punchy, stammering, flop-sweaty mess, and no one's said "Boo!" to him yet. He's going to take at least six months trying to explain why be pays close to zero taxes on millions of dollars in income (and yes, he'll eventually be pressured into releasing his tax returns).
I think you're forgetting the TREASURE TROVE of fodder on obama - his record, his words, his promises, his lies, his scandals.

Oh...bring it on.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:55 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,389,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I think you're forgetting the TREASURE TROVE of fodder on obama - his record, his words, his promises, his lies, his scandals.

Oh...bring it on.
The "treasure trove" of fodder, huh? What, that he's a Muslim? A closet gay? That he was born in Kenya? That the gun-walking case was a really a plot to subvert the 2nd Amendment? That he uses a teleprompter? That Michelle has her own jet, yells at the staff, and has a big butt? Did I leave any out?

Please... Obama has real problems sure enough, and they are going to get aired out plenty, but the "lies and scandals" you guys keep trotting out are fig newtons from the fevered imaginations of the all-night radio jocks.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:02 AM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
The "treasure trove" of fodder, huh? What, that he's a Muslim? A closet gay? That he was born in Kenya? That the gun-walking case was a really a plot to subvert the 2nd Amendment? That he uses a teleprompter? That Michelle has her own jet, yells at the staff, and has a big butt? Did I leave any out?

Please... Obama has real problems sure enough, and they are going to get aired out plenty, but the "lies and scandals" you guys keep trotting out are fig newtons from the fevered imaginations of the all-night radio jocks.
You left out that Obama's administration is a merely continuation of Bush's.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:42 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
I am not calling the Repub contention over and done just yet. Far from it.

There are many months ahead before the convention, and I have watched enough horse races to know it's not smart to place your bet on the grey before he ever gets in the gate. The Republicans are still split and still unhappy, and there's still lots of opportunity for one of their guys to make a break from the pack. I don't think Mitt has broken clear of the pack at all right now- they haven't even rounded the first turn yet.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:50 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times
How many threads are the Democrats going to do like this???

"Since Romney already won, now what?"

Um ... he hasn't won yet. Can you wait till we actually have a few states behind us before you try asking such silly questions???

We'll see how well the economic recovery goes. We've seen this before during the Obama Captivity over America. The unemployment rate drops a bit. (Last time it dropped briefly to 8.8%.) Then it goes right back up. This one month long trend of significant improvement happens to have coincided with Christmas, so it may be a red herring. But the thing that Obama has presided over that we haven't seen since the Great Depression is an unemployment rate that shot up and stayed up for several years. How much credit will Mr Obama take for that?

Oh wait, because it's a bad outcome it's all George W Bush's fault. What was I thinking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections