Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 06:17 AM

23 posts, read 15,061 times

Advertisements

Mitt Romney on strapping dog to roof of car - YouTube

Seamus, the Romney family dog who was strapped to the roof of the Romney's station wagon for 12-hour drive up to Canada. Yes, you read that right: Mitt Romney placed the family dog in a car carrier and strapped him onto the roof of his car. For twelve hours. On the highway. You'll forgive the dog for having dirtied the windows of the car with a bout of diarrhea. Wouldn't you be scared if you were put all alone into a box strapped atop a car going 60 or 70 miles per hour?

Now that Democrats have made brought this up in the campaign, I'm curious to see how the Republican establishment will defend Romney's decision. Maybe they'll accuse Democrats of being Communists for raising questions about Romney's treatment of his dog. Or perhaps they'll fall back on Freedom with a capital "F" and defend the Tenth Amendment right to carry your dog wherever you damn well please. But one thing I'm sure of: They won't defend Romney's judgment. Because on this, there really is no defense.

Daily Kos: Senate Democrats hit Mitt Romney for strapping family dog to roof of car for 12-hour road trip

Mitt Romney's Dog Incident Comes Back To Haunt Him (PHOTO)

Mitt Romney wins New Hampshire primary | Live updates - Election 2012 - The Washington Post

Old 01-11-2012, 06:20 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,746,607 times
So what?? LBJ used to pick his beagles up by the ears.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:20 AM

14,722 posts, read 14,698,528 times
And in other news, the Challenger exploded in mid-air, and some Arabic guys hijacked airplanes and crashed them into buildings in NYC & DC.

Romney's Cruel Canine Vacation - TIME

Old 01-11-2012, 06:25 AM

25,866 posts, read 16,576,771 times
Tells you a lot about his judgement process though. That is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of. Up there with Michael Jackson hanging a baby over a railing for the cameras.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
So what?? LBJ used to pick his beagles up by the ears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
And in other news, the Challenger exploded in mid-air, and some Arabic guys hijacked airplanes and crashed them into buildings in NYC & DC.

Romney's Cruel Canine Vacation - TIME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Tells you a lot about his judgement process though. That is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of. Up there with Michael Jackson hanging a baby over a railing for the cameras.
We're talking about character judgement. If Mitt Romney will strap his dog to the roof of his car for 12 hours, What kind of leader is he?

Old 01-11-2012, 06:29 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,872,162 times
I am surprised he didn't hitch up the dog and have him pull the car.

Given his actions as part of Bain Capital I believe he will just sell the country short to his immense profit.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am surprised he didn't hitch up the dog and have him pull the car.
Nah, I think Newt did that.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:32 AM

25,866 posts, read 16,576,771 times
Clark Griswold strapped his dead aunt to the roof of the family truckster. But he wasn't running for president at the time

Old 01-11-2012, 06:35 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,240,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager1 View Post

Mitt Romney on strapping dog to roof of car - YouTube

Seamus, the Romney family dog who was strapped to the roof of the Romney's station wagon for 12-hour drive up to Canada. Yes, you read that right: Mitt Romney placed the family dog in a car carrier and strapped him onto the roof of his car. For twelve hours. On the highway. You'll forgive the dog for having dirtied the windows of the car with a bout of diarrhea. Wouldn't you be scared if you were put all alone into a box strapped atop a car going 60 or 70 miles per hour?

Now that Democrats have made brought this up in the campaign, I'm curious to see how the Republican establishment will defend Romney's decision. Maybe they'll accuse Democrats of being Communists for raising questions about Romney's treatment of his dog. Or perhaps they'll fall back on Freedom with a capital "F" and defend the Tenth Amendment right to carry your dog wherever you damn well please. But one thing I'm sure of: They won't defend Romney's judgment. Because on this, there really is no defense.

Daily Kos: Senate Democrats hit Mitt Romney for strapping family dog to roof of car for 12-hour road trip

Mitt Romney's Dog Incident Comes Back To Haunt Him (PHOTO)

Mitt Romney wins New Hampshire primary | Live updates - Election 2012 - The Washington Post
This is the lefts best personal attack? LOL

Old 01-11-2012, 06:36 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,360,596 times
With everything that Obozo has done the left attacks Romney for this? Liberals keep getting more pathetic each and every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.