Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 09:11 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,159,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I mean, sure Romney is a good debator, a good speaker, has a presidential look, etc. But honestly, he seems like a Republican version of Barack Obama. I can definitely see him being a big government, corrupt politician. And by the way, he left his governorship with a horrible, 34% approval rating. What gives?

On the other hand, Ron Paul has been CONSISTENT with his positions for a whopping 30+ years, and has a vision for truly smaller government and real liberty. Paul has the ability to attract young and gay voters, while Romney does NOT. And Paul just comes off as far, far more genuinely interested in restoring this country, whereas Romney comes off as a sales man who just wants to win the presidency.

Does anyone else see this? Or is it just me?

If Romney becomes the nominee, I may very well vote for Obama. And that's from someone who voted for McCain in 2008.
Maybe it's the same people that elected George W. Bush twice. As for the why....I have no clue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 01:18 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
I mean, sure Romney is a good debator, a good speaker, has a presidential look, etc. But honestly, he seems like a Republican version of Barack Obama. I can definitely see him being a big government, corrupt politician. And by the way, he left his governorship with a horrible, 34% approval rating. What gives?

On the other hand, Ron Paul has been CONSISTENT with his positions for a whopping 30+ years, and has a vision for truly smaller government and real liberty. Paul has the ability to attract young and gay voters, while Romney does NOT. And Paul just comes off as far, far more genuinely interested in restoring this country, whereas Romney comes off as a sales man who just wants to win the presidency.

If Romney becomes the nominee, I may very well vote for Obama. And that's from someone who voted for McCain in 2008.
That is one of his problems (Pauls that is) he hasn't changed his mind about anything in 30 plus years. He is living in the yesterday. Why does Paul attract gay voters more than Romney does and how do you know this?

Nita

Old 01-12-2012, 01:21 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince40000 View Post
cos romney would make 100 times the president paul would.

actually paul is really not worthy of the presidency, period.
You mean like the Bushes, the Clintons, the O'bama's... All worthy?

Worthy of being tried for treason, that's what the status quo is worthy of getting.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
That is one of his problems (Pauls that is) he hasn't changed his mind about anything in 30 plus years. He is living in the yesterday. Why does Paul attract gay voters more than Romney does and how do you know this?

Nita
Because he wants the States to regain their place under the Constitution.

Let the states decide what they want in their State.

Pretty sound judgement if you look into the details.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:27 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Because he wants the States to regain their place under the Constitution.

Let the states decide what they want in their State.

Pretty sound judgement if you look into the details.
We are Not a lose confederation of States, we are One Nation, maybe someone should have explained that to you before you made your judgement.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:31 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,490,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita
The man has been right for 30 years... He actually studies the problems he was elected to confront and reaches a conclusion based on logic, historical guidance and evidence. That's why Paul is able to make these prophetic-like predictions that turn out to be right 10, 20, 30 years later. He's not some magic oracle or divinity- he just analyzes the issues like all the other elected suits are supposed to be doing.

If Paul changed his opinion on certain matters, it would be because it was warranted based on a change of circumstances. Otherwise, Paul would be no different than the other clowns relying on conventional wisdom to justify voting the party line. I bet some of the current presidential candidates have never even read the Constitution of the United States. I think there should be a pop quiz at one of the debates.

If a candidate cannot memorize the fundamental parts of the US Constitution, they should be laughed off stage.

Ron Paul - Predictions in Due Time (Original) - YouTube

Old 01-12-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
We are Not a lose confederation of States, we are One Nation, maybe someone should have explained that to you before you made your judgement.
Are you really in Dallas?

Please educate me on the role of the Federal Gov't under the Constitution.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:13 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:

yes, ron paul has been consistent= he is a wacko!!
and one of the many problems with his followers is their narrow minds
that is why they follow this nut!!
of course you will vote for obama, case proved!

Old 01-12-2012, 11:10 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Quote:

I don't think Romney is such a hot debater. I think he's average. He had to turn to Ron Paul in the last debate to get a question answered about the Constitution. Ron Paul is by far the most brilliant one who also happens to be on the right side of the issues. Gingrich is the antithesis of Paul. Romney is Blahsville.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:00 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
No, but the majority are just stupid.
No. The majority has above average intelligence.

Average IQ is 100. It's a flattened bell curve, so for everyone who has 110, there is another who has 90, and so forth. Almost all of us fall in between 80 and 120.

The smaller a minority is, the more lopsided on one side or the other it is, but on the low side of the curve, there are people with IQ's so low they can't read or write, and go down in intelligence from there, so gauging voter's intelligence would start on those smart enough to meet voting requirements. That would raise the overall level, so the curve would be different from the general population curve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections