Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 09:28 AM

39,179 posts, read 51,499,921 times

Advertisements

I'd vote for Gingrich too if I were a Rep. The base wants red meat and venting come next summer. Why get behind a wishy-washy moderate Yankee? Gingrich is the guy who likes to shoot his mouth off. Fox gets this - Gingrich is better TV. Icing on the cake would be Christie on the VP ticket. Obama is going to win no matter which candidate comes out ahead in the primaries, so why not have the aggressive one who talks your talk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 09:33 AM

37,832 posts, read 41,175,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I'd vote for Gingrich too if I were a Rep. The base wants red meat and venting come next summer. Why get behind a wishy-washy moderate Yankee? Gingrich is the guy who likes to shoot his mouth off. Fox gets this - Gingrich is better TV. Icing on the cake would be Christie on the VP ticket. Obama is going to win no matter which candidate comes out ahead in the primaries, so why not have the aggressive one who talks your talk?
Not a do-er just a talker. He's been a politician, a professor, an analyst, a consultant, a book author, a documentarian, a Congressman. None of those jobs throughout his career indicate he's ever had to implement any of his ideas or had the inclination to do so. There is no reason to believe big ideas Gingrich can actually bring his ideas to fruition. Same with Santorum. Same with Ron Paul.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:37 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,422,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Only if the steel in one is harder than the other. And only one knife gets sharpened if the steel in the other is harder. It's got nothing to do with angles. if you want to sharpen both knives, you need a stone to do the job.

This is nothing but typical Palin gabble.
Classic PDS. Palin made an offhand comparison about 'steel sharpens steel' (technically correct, btw) on a political talk show. And Palin haters launch into a discussion of sharpening techiques. And think the upshot is that she comes off looking dumb? No, is not the one who comes off looking dumb here.

I guessing that what Palin has in mind is that she wants another conservative in the race. And no, not her. She probably realizes that the prevalence of PDS unfortunately does ruin what ever chance she would have to run. Sure the odds of a late entry now are slim and none, but if Romney wins SC it's safe to say that 'none has departed the room.'

Old 01-18-2012, 09:41 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,598,704 times
Sarah's equivalent of throwing another piece of fresh meat into a lagging dog fight? (I know, crass metaphor, but we are talking about the Queen of Crass.)

Old 01-18-2012, 11:34 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,205,012 times
Quote:

If we were letting Democrats pick the nominee, I am sure your points would be valid. However, the Republican party needs get their noses out of Fox News and quit listening to idiots like Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, Levin and above all that dimwit Sarah Palin. They will absoutely guarantee another Obama term. As you say it makes for better tv, radio, ratings.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:12 PM

39,179 posts, read 51,499,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
If we were letting Democrats pick the nominee, I am sure your points would be valid. However, the Republican party needs get their noses out of Fox News and quit listening to idiots like Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, Levin and above all that dimwit Sarah Palin. They will absoutely guarantee another Obama term. As you say it makes for better tv, radio, ratings.
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on some sense to return to the Republican party. Maybe a whipping in the general would open their eyes, but I doubt the loss will be so bad unless someone other than Romney is the nominee. Obama means better ratings for Fox too. Obama bashing has drawn large audiences in the past few years. Romney would take his share of the heat as well - we will have to see when he moves center after he bags the primary, but Obama really brings the nuts out. Obama versus Gingrich with an Obama victory in the fall has to be what Murdock dreams about at night.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:15 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,745,699 times
I usually can't stand Palin, but in this instance, I agree with her, and I commend her for encouraging voters to keep the debates and the vetting process going. Romney should not be allowed to just walk into the nomination with a minority of Republicans supporting him.

Usually it's Democrats who end up in a tug-of-war over their candidates. It's good to see some Republicans acting more like Democrats.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:22 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,513,635 times
Quote:
Obama is going to win no matter which candidate comes out ahead in the primaries, so why not have the aggressive one who talks your talk?
Have you actually been paying attention to any polls? Or are you just an Obamatron elitist who doesn't give a damn about reality?

Quote:

This.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:52 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,205,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Have you actually been paying attention to any polls? Or are you just an Obamatron elitist who doesn't give a damn about reality?

This.

Yes, they are!

Old 01-18-2012, 09:05 PM

740 posts, read 1,979,120 times
Quote:
A Romney fanatic telling people not to watch Fox news?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections