Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 09:56 AM

791 posts, read 460,827 times

Advertisements

I don't think ANY of them should release their tax returns, it's NOBODY'S business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 10:12 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Gingrich should probably release it now. If he were to get the nomination, Pelosi has stated that she would release what was in it anyway (and you can bet she would paint it worse than it is) So why not release it now and have time to explain it.

Nancy Pelosi does not have the authority to release anything. Anyway the investigation found Newt "NOT GUILTY" of all charges.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:28 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Good. And, for the record, I think the whole 'tax release' thing is silly and stupid, but Romney should just release the previous years' taxes and move on. His campaign is not handling this well, but if the people of South Carolina are silly enough to turn around and vote for Newt because he attacks John King and CNN on TV, then they are just foolish.

I agree, the tax thing needs to be put to rest...now. Not releasing them just gives them something to whine about incessantly. Unless there is some gross tax evasion and I am sure there is not, get it over with.

This ethics investigation is something that actually could cost us the election if held back and then...October surprise! There is so much dirt on Gingrich, the Democrats are salivating in anticipation of running against him. Santorum tried to open up that discussion last night, but I don't think most of the audience was knowledgeable enough of his history to even understand what he was talking about. It is the first time I have heard anyone even start an honest discussion of Gingrich's dirty past in the politics.

What does it say about South Carolinians if they choose Newt even knowing the dirt they do know? What does it say about what the Republican Party has become? It says the Republican Party, which used to pride itself on some moral superiority, is no better than the Democratic Party now...maybe worse.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:31 PM

242 posts, read 235,695 times

oh oh fat bear in trouble

Old 01-20-2012, 12:31 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Nancy Pelosi does not have the authority to release anything. Anyway the investigation found Newt "NOT GUILTY" of all charges.

Those things have a way of 'leaking' during elections and it will. Being found 'not guilty' on the open record doesn't mean he was. He was fined $300,000.00 ...the highest fine ever levied against a member of Congress and I don't believe it was only about the conflict of interest over the class he taught.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:44 PM

791 posts, read 460,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Those things have a way of 'leaking' during elections and it will. Being found 'not guilty' on the open record doesn't mean he was. He was fined $300,000.00 ...the highest fine ever levied against a member of Congress and I don't believe it was only about the conflict of interest over the class he taught.
I heard today on Rush that it wasn't a 'fine', it was to pay for part of the investigation. They're going to try and spin it, but $300K is $300K, regardless of what you call it.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:45 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
There ever so many skelatons in the GOP contenders' closets. Let's leave a few of them there ... for President Obama to drag out later in the campaign. Please! I thought Romney would have brought this up when he had a better chance of hurting Gingrich. Not when it looks like he'll win in SC and prolong the primary season for Romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections