Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2012, 08:42 AM

68,364 posts, read 54,592,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Did not vote.....and no, just pointing out the hypocritical BS of the left....
While you conveniently ignore the hypocritical BS of the right?

Clinton's big failing was not invoking a defnse the self-proclaimed Reagan Republican Newt would surely have understood: "Well, I don't remember"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 08:48 AM

59,437 posts, read 27,599,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marqa1115 View Post
Because he went after Clinton for doing the same thing. Its funny how Republicans think if a politician has an R next to their name, they can misbehave all they want. Clinton was wrong, and so is Gingrich.
You can try and rewrite history if you want.

Bill Clinton was impeached by the House of Representatives on charges of Perjury and Obstruction of Justice.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:53 AM

59,437 posts, read 27,599,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The hypocrisy of him carrying on a six year extramarital affair while leading the charge against Clinton for his affair matters to me. That's six years of lying and living a double life.
Give us the details of Newt, "leading the charge against Clinton for his affair".

As I re-call Janet Reno, Attorney General under Bill Clinton, AUTHORIZED every action that Ken Starr undertook.

That is why an Independent Counsel is appointed.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:55 AM

7,978 posts, read 7,378,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Most people here weren't old enough to vote back then, but there is definite hypocrisy. Liberals back in the '90s were saying Clinton's personal life didn't matter to how he was leading the country, something I happen to agree with.
If they weren't old enough to vote for Clinton, they obviously weren't born yet when JFK put up his nice little family man facade while he was screwing Marilyn Monroe and a bevy of Hollywood starlets. Having a brother-in-law (Peter Lawford) who was a movie star himself came in handy.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:59 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,684,613 times
It's important because it provides the voters a picture of Newt's character. NOw its it does not provide the entire picture but it does give us a glimpse of his character.
Whether or not you would vote for him because of this one character flaw is something you have to decide.

I wouldn't expect a Dem to vote for Newt regardless of this flaw but I would expect them to point it out to the Independants... That's politics.. surely this is no surprise.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:02 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,951,865 times
Certainly there are character issues, but the main reason the topic is out there is it is a very divisive (polarizing) topic that can be discussed endlessly, but amts to nothing. This is quite common in the MCM. I mean they just made it "legal" for the military to engage in sex w/ animals...don't see much discussion about that do you?

Old 01-22-2012, 09:43 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,516,549 times
Quote:
Why does it even matter if Gingrich has been married several times and has cheated on his wife. That has nothing to do with how he will lead the country! Every person in this world has a past and everybody has done things that are shameful and that they regret. Cut Gingrich a break!
Gingrich's past contains many instances where he's shown a lack of character and integrity. His warped self-impage is larger than the size to which his body has grown.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:58 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,196,989 times
Quote:
Most people here weren't old enough to vote back then, but there is definite hypocrisy. Liberals back in the '90s were saying Clinton's personal life didn't matter to how he was leading the country, something I happen to agree with.

Yes, and back then REPUBLICANS like NEWT were saying it DID matter....

Old 01-22-2012, 10:01 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,449,699 times
If Newt Gingritch represents core values in the United States, this is a sad commentary on our social system. His current wife is the classic "trophy" wife, she looks like she has had so much plastic surgery and Botox her face will shatter if she does not have a phony smile.

While I don't think ex wives are always the best source of information about a person, if anyone wanted to hear my opinion about my ex, it would be truthful, and not flattering.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:04 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
If they weren't old enough to vote for Clinton, they obviously weren't born yet when JFK put up his nice little family man facade while he was screwing Marilyn Monroe and a bevy of Hollywood starlets. Having a brother-in-law (Peter Lawford) who was a movie star himself came in handy.
So obviously you approve of Kennedy's affairs....

What having a brother-in-law actor has to do with anything ...????Wha!??? WHAT!???

BTW, Kennedy's affairs were made public A F T E R

AFTER

AFTER,

as in NOT BEFORE,

he was elected.

Repugs are willing to vote for the SAME THING KNOWING ABOUT IT IN ADVANCE.

They can deny it but they can't hide it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections