Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 03:12 PM

665 posts, read 1,243,571 times

Advertisements

The NBC and the Wallstreet journal poll has Obama beating romney by six points, and Romeys Negatives and Unfavorables are going up.

and to Romney still has problems with blue collar republicans,(why he lost south carolina)
he can not win with just upper income people because he is going to split that vote with Obama.

The only way romney can win is if the recession in europe severly hurts the U.S or
a connflict with Iran pushes oil to over 120.00 a barrel

other than that its a close race because the electoral map favors obama and demographic trends
favor obama. plus the only reason he is dominating is because he has much more money than newt
but when newt gets a little bit of money he gives romney a hard time. Those attack ads are not going to work on Obama,because he has a billion dollars to defend himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 03:22 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,175,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
If it's Romney, I think you could be right or I hope so. People are voting for their survival. They do not think we can survive another 4 years of Obama.
How is Romney any different than Obama?

Yes, I do see he is running as a Republican.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:56 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
How is Romney any different than Obama?

Yes, I do see he is running as a Republican.

If you can't see that, I can't help you and won't even waste my time. i realize when people ask such an inane question, they don't really want the answer.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
The NBC and the Wallstreet journal poll has Obama beating romney by six points, and Romeys Negatives and Unfavorables are going up.

and to Romney still has problems with blue collar republicans,(why he lost south carolina)
he can not win with just upper income people because he is going to split that vote with Obama.

The only way romney can win is if the recession in europe severly hurts the U.S or
a connflict with Iran pushes oil to over 120.00 a barrel

other than that its a close race because the electoral map favors obama and demographic trends
favor obama. plus the only reason he is dominating is because he has much more money than newt
but when newt gets a little bit of money he gives romney a hard time. Those attack ads are not going to work on Obama,because he has a billion dollars to defend himself.

The Wall Street Journal has an agenda so take anything they do with a grain of salt. Also, those blue collar workers...like the ones in South Carolina you refer to, are not going to vote for Obama.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:58 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
If you can't see that, I can't help you and won't even waste my time. i realize when people ask such an inane question, they don't really want the answer.

Its not an insane question. What is the difference between Romney and Obama other than bank accounts and skin color?

Old 01-27-2012, 04:11 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,350,122 times
Quote:
I guess that is how the Democrats that have now said they will vote for Romney feel. They never said that until last night after the debate. I am always surprised how much these debates do matter.
Which is a good thing. I want people using debates as guideline much more so than 30 second commercial ads.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:25 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVUQuJDEs04&feature=player_embedded#!

Old 01-27-2012, 04:34 PM

740 posts, read 1,973,814 times
Quote:
Nice attempt at dodging the question.

Seriously, I am the third person asking how Romney is different that Obama. So please do answer, or will will assume you have none, and you are simply dodging.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
Nice attempt at dodging the question.

Seriously, I am the third person asking how Romney is different that Obama. So please do answer, or will will assume you have none, and you are simply dodging.

I have answered that question about a million times and I will not waste my time doing it again. It is quite obvious that it would be useless and the question is inane. This article gives a good summary of how they differ economically and it is pretty fair. Read it if you honestly want to know.

Of course, they differ on foreign policy and social issues also, but the economic issues are where they have the most stark differences and that is what we need most right now.

How Romney and Obama Differ on the Economy - Rick Newman (usnews.com)

Old 01-27-2012, 05:32 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Exclamation lol...

Quote:
I think once the nomination is over and if it is Mitt Romney, you will see things start to gel. I really think he is going ot appeal to both Republicans and Democrats. I had three Democrats just last night tell me they were now supporting Romney. He has cross over appeal and that is what it takes to win.

You had a similar analysis last time. I'm betting your candidate gets tore apart again. Only worse.

The demographic's are much more favorable for the Dem's where the EV's are this time. The Secretary of State's and legal challenge's favor the President as well.

The debates are a smokescreen. The failure of the Congressional Tea Party has severely damaged the GOP and the Romney/Gingrich weak showing masquerading as a battle is child's play.

These guys are afraid of each other and this is the weakest debate/vetting we've seen from the GOP... I would say ever but there's nothing on record to top the vetting of Palin pre-announcement.

Obama v Clinton put this to absolute shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections