Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 07:04 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

Well a Republican candidate can't get Repug's votes with silly things like science, facts and equal rights for women...

Republicans despise those things and prove it every time they open their drooling mouths.....no INTELLIGENT human being would vote for these "things"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 07:15 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Seriously, people, do you really want this neanderthal in the White House?
The more people see and hear of this guy the more they will understand how much of an extremist he is, and how he would diminish the freedoms we enjoy while placing the boot of big government on our throats.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:44 AM

While Republicans are truly devoted to the total subjugation of women they also use the controversy to try to cover up the FACT that they really have no other platform....they have no concrete plans, no ideas and no solutions to issues that are actually important to this country...

Old 02-23-2012, 08:26 AM

869 posts, read 1,494,693 times
He isnt wrong. Pre natal testing probably does lead to abortions. BUT they are necessary to some people. As a poster said, abortion now or slow painful death later? Now please. Some people truly are not equipped for in the position to care for or support a severely handicapped or disabled person. It just is a fact. They could become a strain on the govt and the family and the healthy children of the family as well as the handicapped one would be done a disservice. I dont agree with the fact that he has had a couple of disabled children. But I wont take away his right to make that choice. But my choice shouldnt be taken either.

I am pro choice, because under normal circumstances I would NEVER consider having an abortion but I would never presume to tell another woman she couldnt have an abortion. Its not my body.
But if i had an untrasound or prenatal testing that resulted in me finding out there was a defect in my fetus, I would have an abortion. Its just selfish to bring a child into the world that will potentially suffer for the rest of their life. And I know I am not equipped to handle that.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:31 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave5150 View Post
He isnt wrong. Pre natal testing probably does lead to abortions. BUT they are necessary to some people. As a poster said, abortion now or slow painful death later? Now please. Some people truly are not equipped for in the position to care for or support a severely handicapped or disabled person. It just is a fact. They could become a strain on the govt and the family and the healthy children of the family as well as the handicapped one would be done a disservice. I dont agree with the fact that he has had a couple of disabled children. But I wont take away his right to make that choice. But my choice shouldnt be taken either.

I am pro choice, because under normal circumstances I would NEVER consider having an abortion but I would never presume to tell another woman she couldnt have an abortion. Its not my body.
But if i had an untrasound or prenatal testing that resulted in me finding out there was a defect in my fetus, I would have an abortion. Its just selfish to bring a child into the world that will potentially suffer for the rest of their life. And I know I am not equipped to handle that.

What makes it so wrong is that, as the result of pre-natal testing, Santorum and his wife chose to have a late-term abortion. Now he'd deny
others that option...sheer hypocrisy.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:46 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The government shouldn't make health care providers fully cover prenatal tests like amniocentesis, which can determine the possibility of Down syndrome or other fetal problems, Republican presidential hopeful Rick Santorum said Sunday.

Santorum, an outspoken opponent of abortion rights, told the CBS News program "Face the Nation" on Sunday that amniocentesis "more often than not" results in abortion.

Santorum, a conservative Roman Catholic, told a Christian Alliance luncheon in Columbus. "Why? Because it saves money in health care. Why? Because free prenatal testing ends up in more abortions and therefore less care that has to be done, because we cull the ranks of the disabled in our society."
Why is it that folks that don't abort fetuses that clearly are
severely retarded or physically deformed, want every one else
to take on their lifetime burden. To me, it is mostly commendable in the
eyes of the caregiver, and at times, I believe, to be a truly
selfish act.

Without the advanced prenatal and post natal care women have
at their disposal today, most of these fetuses would not survive
beyond the natural course of spontaneous abortion, or death
shortly after birth. The way nature intended, before all this new
fangled medicine.

Folks like Santorum should quit kidding themselves, into thinking
women who have amnio do so with frivolity.

I know the story of the "elephant man" is a heart felt story, but
in most case scenarios, the life of one who is severely physically
or mentally disabled, is usually a life so cruel, even God would
not want them to have this cross to bear.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:02 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times
Heh! Heh! Like I said, more will come out of his mouth. Just wait -- it gets better. The great thing about Santorum is that he actually believes this sh*t, so there is no shutting him up on this one. His political advisers will not be able to control him and stay on track.

Sorry, republitards....looks like you're stuck with Romney again after all.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:10 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post

Sorry, republitards....looks like you're stuck with Romney again after all.
Now, if they could just get Mitt to quit singing

Old 02-23-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave5150 View Post

GREAT post !

I especially like where YOU think of the CHILD and how it would feel in a world of constant pain and suffering!!

....most people only think of how they themselves would feel...a very selfish attitude.

And, yes, Santorum is correct in that pre-natal testing does sometimes lead to abortion...a totally LEGAL medical procedure ....which HE, and his wife, USED.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:32 AM

869 posts, read 1,494,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
What makes it so wrong is that, as the result of pre-natal testing, Santorum and his wife chose to have a late-term abortion. Now he'd deny
others that option...sheer hypocrisy.
Absolutely correct. What is right for some sometimes isnt right the same people other times. What is right for you isnt right for me. And so on and so forth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections