Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 09:30 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Sure he can - and by none other than the most disgusting and vile GOP mouthpiece to ever walk this earth:

Clear Channel

That certainly has had no effect on Rush tearing Romney down daily an in the most dishonest way. Romney is smarter than to get in the gutter with Rush. To be honest, I don't see why the liberals are trying to take Rush down right now though, because he is their biggest ally in stopping Romney. He is doing a lot of the work for them. His brainwashed listeners will do whatever he tells them to. Vote for Santorum to stop Mitt, even if they know Santorum doesn't stand a snowball's chance in Hell of winning against Obama...sure Rush...whatever you tell us is best. It's sickening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 09:37 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,012,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
That certainly has had no effect on Rush tearing Romney down daily an in the most dishonest way. Romney is smarter than to get in the gutter with Rush. To be honest, I don't see why the liberals are trying to take Rush down right now though, because he is their biggest ally in stopping Romney. He is doing a lot of the work for them. His brainwashed listeners will do whatever he tells them to. Vote for Santorum to stop Mitt, even if they know Santorum doesn't stand a snowball's chance in Hell of winning against Obama...sure Rush...whatever you tell us is best. It's sickening.
Why are you being so condescending to the GOP base? You may not agree with them, but they have a right to choose a candidate that espouses their views, don't they? Why are you so sure that Santorum doesn't stand a chance? The country did elect George W Bush twice, didn't it?

Old 03-07-2012, 09:45 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,983,283 times
gomexico, Those were the headlines today in all the papers. Math is not a press release; last nights results are something to be analyzed in raw numbers, as in states and delegates won.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:47 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,245,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Why are you being so condescending to the GOP base? You may not agree with them, but they have a right to choose a candidate that espouses their views, don't they? Why are you so sure that Santorum doesn't stand a chance? The country did elect George W Bush twice, didn't it?
Bush didn't bash higher ed(and label it a liberal indoctrination mill), he also didn't say he threw up when he heard JFK's speech on the church and state, he also didn't attack the libertarians in the Republican party nor did he give a speech about Satan taking over American and it schools. Bush also didn't rail about contraceptives and have extreme views on abortion that scare away women voters.

Bush also had Rove and thus his campaign was a well oiled machine, Santorum couldn't even get on the ballot of his home state's primary. I could go on and on about why Bush was more electable than Santorum could ever dream of being.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:54 PM

Correct, FargoBison, the glossed over reality is both Reagan, as well as both Bushes, ran mainstream Americana campaigns. Perfect for swing state voters/values. They talked none of what they hated, but the focus was things like "The Shining City on the Hill", and "The Big Tent" (Bush courting Hispanic voters).

Outside of Romney, the 2012 GOP gang sounds more like Archie Bunker than either Reagan or the Bushes.

Months ago, I started a thread mentioning the common feature of 3 successful presidential runs: Optimism. To "Shining City on the Hill", one could add "I still believe in a place called Hope", and "Yes, We Can". The last 2 weeks, I've heard more positive statements during Romney stops to the effect as a nation, we can do better for all. I'm still waiting for any optimism from the other 3. No one hires an exec who wails about what a mess you are in, w/o defining a positive plan that will restore ones past glory.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:27 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,243,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
You, MSNBC and CNN won't ever give Romney credit unless he wins by 500% margins. Anything less is "a disappointment." It's just so pathetic. "A win is a win unless you're Mitt Romney. If you're Mitt, all wins are bigger losses than actual losses." Do you have any idea how idiotic that sounds??

Santorum was winning Ohio by about 20% two weeks beforehand. That's a pretty amazing comeback for Romney.

For some reason, the MSM wants to play saboteur this year. Ron Paul is only a figment of your imagination and Mitt Romney must be held to completely unrealistic standards.

THE reason everyone is staying in is because from May 29th to June 5th, 455 delegates will be decided. That's bigger than Super Tuesday and more than enough to hand victory to anyone. But they'd need to absolutely dominate the vote. If I'm Santorum or Gingrich, I'm staying in till then and praying some miracle can hand me an overwhelming victory in Texas, California, New Jersey, South Dakota, Montana and New Mexico. Lock up all 455 delegates and you jump way out into the lead. From there, just let the super-delegates do their thing and give you the nomination.

If the GOP hadn't put so many big states so late in the game, this thing might have been over and done with last month.

You can shoot the messenger all you want, but facts are facts. The reality is that Romney can't close the deal, Santorum is a light-weight, and Gingrich is more temperamental than presidential.

Oh yes, Fox News must be part of this pathetic "media" too:

Quote:
Fox News

Super Tuesday Results Are a Mixed Bag for Romeny, Santorum & Gingrich

Mitt Romney secured a decisive advantage on Super Tuesday but also suffered several defeats, highlighting the frontrunner’s inability to unite the Republican Party behind his nomination

Read more: Super Tuesday Results Are a Mixed Bag for Romeny, Santorum & Gingrich | Fox News

Old 03-07-2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post

It has nothing to do with being condescending to anyone. I guess if Santorum wasn't like the 7th loser the GOP base has decided to fall in love with, I could take them a little more seriously. George W. Bush and Santorum are not comparable as candidates. I hope you are being facetious and know that.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Correct, FargoBison, the glossed over reality is both Reagan, as well as both Bushes, ran mainstream Americana campaigns. Perfect for swing state voters/values. They talked none of what they hated, but the focus was things like "The Shining City on the Hill", and "The Big Tent" (Bush courting Hispanic voters).

Outside of Romney, the 2012 GOP gang sounds more like Archie Bunker than either Reagan or the Bushes.

Months ago, I started a thread mentioning the common feature of 3 successful presidential runs: Optimism. To "Shining City on the Hill", one could add "I still believe in a place called Hope", and "Yes, We Can". The last 2 weeks, I've heard more positive statements during Romney stops to the effect as a nation, we can do better for all. I'm still waiting for any optimism from the other 3. No one hires an exec who wails about what a mess you are in, w/o defining a positive plan that will restore ones past glory.

Just listening to Romney's speech last night compared to Newt's and Santorum's was like night and day. Romney was upbeat and positive, those two surly and negative and taking swipes at Romney. Who wants that in this country right now? We need someone uplifting, I agree!

Old 03-07-2012, 10:57 PM

Correct, dixiegirl7, angry campaigners depress votes they can potentially get. Reagan knew that, and Bush 43 knew it, too, as did Clinton and Obama for the Dems. Notice all 4 won.

Try thinking about the last angry man elected president. In my lifetime, there have been none.

PS, Romney's been far more upbeat lately, so I suspect he either understands the need for optimism, or his advisers have told him. In either event, a smart move, as each of the 4 above were upbeat very early in the campaign.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:48 PM

14,037 posts, read 15,048,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
he won mostly in democratic counties that will go democrat in the fall.

nothing changed last night

MA VT and the Ohio counties that Romney won are all going democrat.
You think the city of Cleveland is going to vote for Romney in the general.

he spent 4 million bucks in ads and only won by 1% thats pathetic.
Im not so sure, Romeny was very Popular as a govener in Massachusetts, and he got 73% of the vote in Massachusetts, he could win Massachusetts in the General if he is the Nominee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections