Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 02:14 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times

Advertisements

Emily, you need to put away those pink sparkly thingies.

Obama is not going to be impeached when the election is so close. The Repubs are in trouble, but they are not suicidal yet, except for a few wingnuts who might be crazy enough to think that the party would actually be stupid enough to pull a Jim Jones.

Ain't gonna happen, sweetie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 03:16 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Afraid to honestly answer the simple question, yes I get it. Oh, FYI there was a time in America when this was fairly common, or have your forgotten your history. Now it is world history we speak of.

No one or only Americans, hmmmmm?
Don't flatter yourself, your question doesn't scare me, your way of thinking does however.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:15 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Don't flatter yourself, your question doesn't scare me, your way of thinking does however.
Then why did you not answer any of them?
My way of thinking? You mean defending your family and Nation, yes, I can see how that American trait would scare some Paul supporters

Old 03-14-2012, 07:35 AM

1,723 posts, read 2,226,375 times
Wow, talk about impeachment? This is totally fringe stuff; if Republicans made a serious attempt (attempt because the goal would never be achieved) to impeach over something like this and especially if their nominee endorsed it, then Obama would probably win 60% of the vote come November and the Republican and some third party candidate would split the remainder.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Then why did you not answer any of them?
My way of thinking? You mean defending your family and Nation, yes, I can see how that American trait would scare some Paul supporters
Because your question is horribly flawed, and designed to get the answer that you want...not to mention very childish.

But please continue to question my "American-ness" it just adds to the childish path that this is going down. You are usually much more level headed and rational.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookline_sylvia View Post
Wow, talk about impeachment? This is totally fringe stuff; if Republicans made a serious attempt (attempt because the goal would never be achieved) to impeach over something like this and especially if their nominee endorsed it, then Obama would probably win 60% of the vote come November and the Republican and some third party candidate would split the remainder.
Unfortunately I think you will see this EVERY cycle from here on out if things continue the way they are. The other side will always find some reason to try and impeach their counterpart...regardless of the legitimacy of the issue at hand.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Because your question is horribly flawed, and designed to get the answer that you want...not to mention very childish.

But please continue to question my "American-ness" it just adds to the childish path that this is going down. You are usually much more level headed and rational.
How is it flawed? It is a simple scenerio that has happened many times in the past. You do not want to answer the question because for you to answer truthfully you would have to say that you would do what any other rational person would, you would deal with the threat.
Did I question your "American-ness", really? I do not think so, I was simply pointing out the fact that the Vast Majority of Americans Would react to a threat and I would bet the farm that you would do the same, you come across as petty stong willed and that does not fit the pacifist mold. The reason you don't like the question comes down to this simple fact, you would react as most would and that in itself would be against what Paul and the Paul Fan Club continue to say they want the US to do.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
...the guy next door was stating publically that he was going to attack you and your family the second they got a chance and they had the means to do so...
You don't get it. The verbal threats that you outline are something that a person can and would be arrested for.

IF that person was at my front door with a gun that is a different story. Also, IF said person was in another country with an ocean separating them from me, and most likely couldn't even get into the country that would also be a different story as well. The root of all of this is that we tend not to enforce many of the laws that are on our books in an effective manner, and instead we write new ones that add complexity to situations.

Your continual grouping of people into a "Ron Paul fan club" in your dismissive way is growing old. Just because you disagree with a certain way of thinking does not give you the right to belittle it.

If you wish to continue this debate, feel free, but dont expect any further responses from this side.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
You don't get it. The verbal threats that you outline are something that a person can and would be arrested for.

IF that person was at my front door with a gun that is a different story. Also, IF said person was in another country with an ocean separating them from me, and most likely couldn't even get into the country that would also be a different story as well. The root of all of this is that we tend not to enforce many of the laws that are on our books in an effective manner, and instead we write new ones that add complexity to situations.

Your continual grouping of people into a "Ron Paul fan club" in your dismissive way is growing old. Just because you disagree with a certain way of thinking does not give you the right to belittle it.

If you wish to continue this debate, feel free, but dont expect any further responses from this side.
You seem to have forgotten that I said there is no law to call, so that is not an option, you know like in the early days of this Nation and even the planet. It is not an option for our Nation either, who would we call?
In today’s world anyone can travel anywhere, maybe you should catch up with the times. A couple of just those sorts of people made it just fine on 9-11 and Millions cross our borders every year, do not believe that distance keeps you safe.
The club speaks the same tune and those that defend the ideas ARE part of the fan club, why you have a problem with someone saying you are seems strange to me. As for belittling something I disagree with, I leave hat to your fellow fans here they have going far beyond belittling others ideas their posts are there for all to read, or do you simple ignore that since they are fellow supporters. Besides, belittle is an incorrect term for what I think Paul’s idea are, I simply believe that Paul and most of his supporters are Naive and clueless to how the World, the Nation and People work, it is not a trait I want in my President and obviously one few others do either.
Ok, done here, since you obviously have given up. Have Fun.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:15 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Yup, ask the American that was assassinated by Obama for being a terrorist. He didn't get a trial.
Wait a minute...

Obama is getting the credit for killing the american terrorist but NOT for killing Bin Laden (at least in SOME people's minds).

What kind of logic is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections