Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 10:42 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Yup, ask the American that was assassinated by Obama for being a terrorist without a trial.
You mean the American Terrorist, he gave up his rights when he declared war on American citizens. I am sure he was worried about Your rights
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 10:45 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You mean the American Terrorist, he gave up his rights when he declared war on American citizens. I am sure he was worried about Your rights
That is exactly who I mean, yes. I don't care how lowly, sleazy, or anti-american someone is, our government has no right to hunt down and kill someone without a trial. Caring about my rights is not how you earn your rights as an American citizen...I know you know that, so don't let our political differences cloud what is a pretty black and white issue. They guy was sentenced with no trial.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:56 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Yup, ask the American that was assassinated by Obama for being a terrorist. He didn't get a trial.
Gee, did Obama do it all by himself?

And IF he broke some law I'm pretty certain the right might actually get off its collective butt and do something, eh?

Old 03-13-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Gee, did Obama do it all by himself?

And IF he broke some law I'm pretty certain the right might actually get off its collective butt and do something, eh?
I don't care who did what, he is the POTUS, he owns it. My guess is that at some point he was aware and had to give some sort of approval though. Either way, something should have been said or done by someone...democrats, republicans, anyone.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:04 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
That is exactly who I mean, yes. I don't care how lowly, sleazy, or anti-american someone is, our government has no right to hunt down and kill someone without a trial. Caring about my rights is not how you earn your rights as an American citizen...I know you know that, so don't let our political differences cloud what is a pretty black and white issue. They guy was sentenced with no trial.
The American government has hunted and killed criminals without a trial since the founding of the Nation, or were you unaware of that fact?

Old 03-13-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The American government has hunted and killed criminals without a trial since the founding of the Nation, or were you unaware of that fact?
Ohh, I get it...its one of those "well they did it first" things then? You are all right...screw the Constitution and Bill of Rights, we should just selectively apply them when it best fits our political views.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:14 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Yup, ask the American that was assassinated by Obama for being a terrorist. He didn't get a trial.
Yep, I heard Obama personally shot him dead.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Yep, I heard Obama personally shot him dead.
I'll take your foolish response as being indicative of the fact that its obvious that American rule of law was completely ignored in this case.

It is funny how people refuse to own up to facts when political "rightness" of their "side" is up for grabs.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:25 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
Perhaps GWB should have been impeached for those weapons of mass destruction that didn't end up existing.

Obama could balance the budget, get unemployment to 0%, and cure cancer, and people would STILL find a reason to hate him. Are you so afraid of his imminent reelection you need to make up reasons to impeach him?

Old 03-13-2012, 11:26 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
You forgetting the terms of the authority given to the president to conduct the WAR ON TERRA?

Quote:
That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons.
Authorization for Use of Military Force- Sept. 18, 2001 (http://news.findlaw.com/wp/docs/terrorism/sjres23.es.html - broken link)

I guess it is up to the prez to determine who to go after and what force will be used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections