Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 02:51 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times

Advertisements

There is only one thing that will bring conservatives together. The end of the nomination process. Then there will be no doubt all will come together to defeat Obama. Many democrats are also sick of Obama attacking the Supreme Court, successful Americans, republicans, oil companies, coal companies, pipeline companies, bankers, Wall Street, executives, private jet owners ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 04:19 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Who probably lives a more Christian life than any of them.
Not a Mitt fan, but I totally agree with that statement

Old 04-07-2012, 07:24 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Dont worry folks, if you want to stop Romney, the man at the Helm will do that for you. Obama is way ahead in the polls...and they always predict the winner when its this close. Possible that you may have a better chance in 2016. The only chance in hell you have is the senate. A REAL good chance of taking it. This will be four MORE years of nothing getting done.
There, fixed it for you.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:57 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post

The only chance in hell [the republicans] have is the senate. A REAL good chance of taking it. This will be four years of nothing getting done.
Yes, I recently read that the repugs have a 50-50 chance of gaining a slim majority in the Senate. Actually, if the repugs maintain a majority in the House, then anything either way in the 59-41 range in the Senate is a virtual tie. Good enough.

And, after ten years (2001-2010) of a broken balance of power system and cockamamie, destructive social and economic policies (mainly housing and monetary policies, later healthcare finance policy), four more years (plus these past two) of getting nothing done in US government would be the best possible outcome for US society, exactly what the US Constitution is designed to achieve: it should be extremely difficult for central government to achieve anything as a safeguard of individual liberty and sound economic policy.

Best possible outcome then, for balance of power in US politics and economic stabilization, possible recovery:

- Mr Obama re-elected with relatively slim electoral and popular majority;

- repugs maintain majority in House, 50-50 composition in Senate (anything either way 59-41 range acceptable);

- Congress's popularity rating remains extremely low, around 8%-9% (actually a positive sign that they are doing and especially not doing as designed by the Constitution);

- Supreme Court strikes down healthcare financing law (so-called Obamacare, another sign that checks and balances is working as designed);

- US government passes basically no new major legislation over the next four years;

- US economy continues on slow path to stabilization, possible recovery, not derailed by another round of devastating, cockamamie social and economic policies.

In short, the credibility and legitimacy of the US ruling classes has been tarnished over the past 10-12 years, they would be most helpful if they simply stand aside, get the hell out of the way.

Good Luck!

Last edited by bale002; 04-08-2012 at 03:27 AM..

Old 04-08-2012, 06:08 AM

507 posts, read 1,537,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
I'm not a fan of Mitt's but it's disgusting to see the way he's been treated for his religion, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it escalated for the general election campaign. Spearheaded by the "tolerant" Dem strategists, of course.
I agree with you but it's more disgusting for me to see how all the bigots treat Obama.

You may be right about the Dem strategists and Romney's religion, but the fact is if so many people weren't bigots to begin with they couldn't be manipulated by "strategists".

America is so full of bigots. That is our biggest downfall, IMO.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:05 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
There, fixed it for you.
No, you changed it in a way I would not have written it...that is against the rules here in this forum and I am going to report this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections