Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 03:19 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times

Advertisements

Texas GOP

How pathetic. Apparently some members of the Texas GOP's executive committee want to call an "emergency meeting" to make this switch, apparently hoping that Santorum can win the Texas primary and win all 155 delegates, increasing the chances of a brokered convention.

The author of the blog mentions that polling shows Santorum would win. Well, not exactly all of the polling - this is one of the two most recent polls (and no polling has been done in three weeks...I have a feeling Romney would be polling better now):

2012 Texas Republican Primary - Rasmussen Reports™

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 04-05-2012 at 03:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 03:37 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Conservatives and evangelicals are fighting back against the eastern moderates and Wall Street money that is forcing a Mormon liberal on them. While it would make an interesting development, I doubt this will ever happen. Fear not, the rich and powerful have things under control.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:28 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,577 times
Its the voters who are 'forcing a mormon liberal' on them.....if enough republicans voted otherwise there would be no need to 'fight back'.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:13 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
This is not 'conservatives' or even the majority of evangelicals doing this. It is the bigots...plain and simple. This is about a certain group of people who do not want a Mormon nominated. Obviously, since Mitt Romney has 1.3 million votes more than anyone else, it is not the majority...thank goodness. I would hate to think the majority of the Republicans in this country are that ignorant.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:22 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Conservatives and evangelicals are fighting back against the eastern moderates and Wall Street money that is forcing a Mormon liberal on them. While it would make an interesting development, I doubt this will ever happen. Fear not, the rich and powerful have things under control.
I find it sort of odd that a liberal such as yourself so often fancies themselves the arbiter of true conservatism.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:50 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
lol aint gonna happen. Even if people think Texas is a far right wing state, its really controlled by the ultra rich Republicans who could care less about social issues. Having become as rich as they are by stepping on the necks of others, they aren't going to let a bunch of ignorant fundies embarrass them.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:25 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
I heard that Rick Perry said it isn't happening. I am not sure if this means anything, but that's what he said.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:35 AM

1,194 posts, read 3,975,485 times
We in Texas couldn't give a rats ass about Rick Perry. He's a bumbling idiot.

Here's something to consider: Rick Santorum couldn't give two craps about women voters and neither does Romney. I am married to a gorgeous, sexy Texas woman and I have two daughters both of voting age and conservative women. They will all (as will I) vote for our current president.

Stick that in your pipe. We'll awaken this fine Friday morning and bale some hay.

Both republican candidates are a$$hats as far as we are concerned.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:43 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,244,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car957 View Post
We in Texas couldn't give a rats ass about Rick Perry. He's a bumbling idiot.

Here's something to consider: Rick Santorum couldn't give two craps about women voters and neither does Romney. I am married to a gorgeous, sexy Texas woman and I have two daughters both of voting age and conservative women. They will all (as will I) vote for our current president.

Stick that in your pipe. We'll awaken this fine Friday morning and bale some hay.

Both republican candidates are a$$hats as far as we are concerned.
Rick Perry is a bumbling idiot, I completely agree but the same can be said about our current president.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:44 AM

1,013 posts, read 910,213 times
car957 you live in texas why not vote ron paul then if not voting for those other 2 idiots.

texas hate ron paul or something?

but yes i agree those 3 clowns newt rick and romney are clowns and pandering clowns at that.

and to fargobison

it is obvious that they gave us bad choices to make it easy for obama to win again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections