Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 12:21 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,278,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
It is kind of hard to believe that a ex-govenor's son who has been fed a silver spoon for most of his life all of the sudden is'nt? And then in a short period of time becomes a multi-millionaire? Really????
But....but.....but.......

Don't you know they were struggling basement living students who were sent out into the real world to sink or swim on their own?

And that Romney had no other advantages, such as doors opened that would otherwise have not been opened, than any other struggling but ambitious college graduate?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 12:35 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,349,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

Don't you know they were struggling basement living students who were sent out into the real world to sink or swim on their own?

And that Romney had no other advantages, such as doors opened that would otherwise have not been opened, than any other struggling but ambitious college graduate?

Hmmm, I wonder how many doors were opened for a governor's son that the ordinary joe could not be allowed to walk on the lawn

Old 04-20-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Hmmm, I wonder how many doors were opened for a governor's son that the ordinary joe could not be allowed to walk on the lawn
Oh, you know, according to most Romney supporters.......none.

It cracks me up that Mittens is trying to use his father's financial and personal history - that he grew up poor, was a self-made man, blah, blah, blah - to mean that Mittens himself actually knows what it is to struggle.

Quote:
"Well, you know, the president is really taking aim at anybody he can find these days," Romney said on Fox News. "In fact, in my case, I'm certainly not going to apologize for my dad and his success in life. He was born poor. He worked his way to become very successful despite the fact that he didn't have a college degree, and one of the things he wanted to do was provide for me and for my brother and sisters."
Romney: I won't apologize for my dad's wealth - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Mittens himself does not know what it's like to struggle - ever.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:44 PM

Just in case any of you romney-is-just-like-us supporters missed it
[SIZE=3]Mitt Romney Asks If Pennsylvania Bakery's Cookies Were Made At 7 ...[/SIZE]

Can you get any further out of touch? I doubt very seriously that romney ever stepped foot inside of a 7/11 store. At the same time insulted one of his supporters

Old 04-20-2012, 12:50 PM

He's so freakin' insensitive, too.

He's obviously looking at the cookies with distaste and asks someone there, "you didn't bake these, did you?"

What would have happened if that person had said, "yes, why?"

What a creep he is.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Oh, you know, according to most Romney supporters.......none.

It cracks me up that Mittens is trying to use his father's financial and personal history - that he grew up poor, was a self-made man, blah, blah, blah - to mean that Mittens himself actually knows what it is to struggle.

Romney: I won't apologize for my dad's wealth - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Mittens himself does not know what it's like to struggle - ever.

What scares me is that he and his ilk are basically trying to buy the presidency with negative ads mostly distorting the truth and misdirection. Like I said before he caters to the racist, the uneducated and misinformed, this is why he changes positions so often. I'm not saying this because I'm a dumbocrat because I'm not but someone who observes and listens to the facts and if I have a question I research it.

Can someone give me a legit answer to this question?

Why would a multi-millionaire spend 100 of millions of dollars for a job that pays less than 400 thousand a year? It can't be because they are really patriotic, if that was the case why did'nt he serve in the military in it's time of need? Why are so many millionaries and billionaires willing to support him by throwing millions for his election? Is it perhaps to keep raking in the money and make sure that it does not stop for another 4 years?

Old 04-20-2012, 01:01 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,036,701 times
Quote:
It is kind of hard to believe that a ex-govenor's son who has been fed a silver spoon for most of his life all of the sudden is'nt? And then in a short period of time becomes a multi-millionaire? Really????
Quote:

You may want to start reading Bios of folks who became self made
millionaires/billionaires. You'll find that through hard work, perseverance,
and yes, luck, folks can make a lot of money, coming from virtually nothing.

From Bill Gates working out of his garage, the guy who created and
sold the pet rock (still selling), actors, entertainers, and yes, business
men. One of my favorite Bios is not a person who was rich in America,
but from Greece. His name: Aristotle Onassis, who became
the richest shipping tycoon in history. Oh, and he married JFK's wife.

Did they all need help from a federal government in order to get
to their riches. No. In many cases, the government was an
obstacle.

I'm not buying the Liz Warren "Nobody got rich on their own"
philosophy and the notion that we all helped pave the road for
those who are successful. There really are deadbeats
that choose to just sit on the side of the road.

So, I agree with Romney when he says he's not going to apologize
for his Dad's success, or his own. And, he shouldn't.
Silver spoon in his mouth or not.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:

Why would a multi-millionaire spend 100 of millions of dollars for a job that pays less than 400 thousand a year?
Because, according to Mrs. Mittens, it's their turn.

Quote:
It can't be because they are really patriotic, if that was the case why did'nt he serve in the military in it's time of need?
Well, you know, because Mittens was doing his duty doing missionary work in the wilds of.......France.

Quote:
Why are so many millionaries and billionaires willing to support him by throwing millions for his election? Is it perhaps to keep raking in the money and make sure that it does not stop for another 4 years?
And then there is this. ^^

Yay! Tax breaks for the uber rich! Higher taxes for the poor!

Old 04-20-2012, 01:09 PM

59,383 posts, read 27,547,677 times
Quote:
Ask the Kennedy's and the Gore's.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:10 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,036,701 times
Quote:

Yay! Tax breaks for the uber rich! Higher taxes for the poor!
You should really be an advocate of the National Sales Tax and repealing
the 16th amendment. I hate it when folks misdirect their anger
so here's the link

FairTax | American for Fair Taxation | Tax Reform Solutions | Consumption Tax - Americans For Fair Taxation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections