Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Ron Paul run as a third-party candidate?
Yes - Americans should be given another option! 19 41.30%
No - I support Obama, and don't want Paul in the mix! 3 6.52%
No - I support Romney, and don't want Paul in the mix! 15 32.61%
Doesn't matter - the vote is rigged anyway! 9 19.57%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 02:26 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,853,731 times

Advertisements

Why? Isn't he surging anymore? Or, the stink that Santorum caused, dragged him down. :d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 03:08 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,027,576 times
Well the article linked above is from February, and is from Infowars, which is not the most unbias site but seems some Ron Paul fans favorite source. Though the results are similar somethings may have changed since February.

Real Clear Politics On Paul Vs. Obama.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Paul vs. Obama

Quote:
RCP Average 3/10 - 4/15 47.4 40.2 Obama +7.2

Rasmussen Reports 4/14 - 4/15 43 42 Obama +1

PPP (D) 4/12 - 4/15 47 44 Obama +3

McClatchy/Marist 3/20 - 3/22 50 40 Obama +10

Reason-Rupe 3/10 - 3/20 47 37 Obama +10

FOX News 3/10 - 3/12 50 38 Obama +12
RCP is a little bit more up to date, and lot more information.

The only time Paul was leading Obama, was in a poll done February 24/25, that was a Rasmussen poll.

If you click on See All General Election: Paul vs. Obama Polling Data. You will see that..

Rasmussen has been pretty wild with it's results. Most of the time Obama is leading by 1-12%,
Twice Ron Paul has lead by 1-2%.

All other pollsters have been pretty consistent that Paul has no shot at Obama.

I don't consider that a strong candidate.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:10 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,965,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Just because you think you have all of the answers, it's obvious you don't. In fact, since polls indicate that Paul is the strongest one-on-one against Obama, your assumptions go out the window. The undecided and cross-over vote is theoretically enough to capture a third of the vote, especially with Paul's more dedicated support base, and the general ambivalence towards the other candidates.

"GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul is leading the incumbent president in a hypothetical matchup, according to a newly released poll from respected pollster Rasmussen.

Paul scores 43% over 41% for Obama in the poll, with 10% saying they would vote for some other option, a figure that includes 17% of Republicans.

Paul also picks up 15% of the vote from self-identified liberals, according to Rasmussen.

Mitt Romney is the only other candidate to lead Obama in the poll, scoring 45% to Obama’s 43%. Paul polls the strongest, however, given that he drives the president’s numbers down further than Romney.

A hypothetical Paul nomination also drives the undecided voters up significantly.

Paul has regularly emerged as the strongest contender in other polls when matched head to head with Obama. This is the first time, however, that he has done so in a Rasmussen poll."

» Poll: Ron Paul Strongest Against Obama In Head To Head Matchup Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
LOL, you claim you and your fellow Paulbots are so smart, yet you believe in polls (so long as they say what you want) and get a large amount of your "information" from U-Tube. Sad thing is you don't even see the problem with that

Old 04-19-2012, 03:14 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,027,576 times
RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

Romney Vs. Obama
The RCP Average is only 2.3
More polls have had Romney leading or closer.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:55 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,818,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
LOL, you claim you and your fellow Paulbots are so smart, yet you believe in polls (so long as they say what you want) and get a large amount of your "information" from U-Tube. Sad thing is you don't even see the problem with that
Your claim that Paul has no chance of winning is contradicted by polls which indicate that he has some strength, and that you are incorrect. I know that you like to think that you are infallible and know all of what is and is to come - but you simply do not.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:07 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,943,543 times
Quote:

Yes, Youtube bad, we know. (lol)

Actually, you have no idea where people get their info. Youtube is just a video site, for some reason that is an issue for you. Like saying people get their information from paper. Yes so very sad.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Your claim that Paul has no chance of winning is contradicted by polls which indicate that he has some strength, and that you are incorrect. I know that you like to think that you are infallible and know all of what is and is to come - but you simply do not.
The real numbers prove my statement to be correct, in August Paul will be gone for good, just the simple fact of the matter. I never claim to be anything of the sort, no one as all the answers, it is just that some are wrong more often than others.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Yes, Youtube bad, we know. (lol)

Actually, you have no idea where people get their info. Youtube is just a video site, for some reason that is an issue for you. Like saying people get their information from paper. Yes so very sad.
When I see oe Youtube after another posted by Paul supporters it speaks volumes, no other group does it at even near numbers, ever wondr why that is? Using it as a tool to prove anything is a sign of where some get their information and that the believe it toall be true, and that is not a good thing, thought you would understand that, I guess I was mistaken on that point. You do know that it is not reliable when it comes to gaining all the facts don't ya, think? Nope, the papers have criteria they have to stick to otherwise they can get brought to court over what they write, anyone can post darn near anything on Youtube and we know no one would post anything untrue, would they.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:28 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,943,543 times
Quote:
When I see oe Youtube after another posted by Paul supporters it speaks volumes, no other group does it at even near numbers, ever wondr why that is? Using it as a tool to prove anything is a sign of where some get their information and that the believe it toall be true, and that is not a good thing, thought you would understand that, I guess I was mistaken on that point. You do know that it is not reliable when it comes to gaining all the facts don't ya, think? Nope, the papers have criteria they have to stick to otherwise they can get brought to court over what they write, anyone can post darn near anything on Youtube and we know no one would post anything untrue, would they.
It may well be on this small little forum more RP people are using Youtube, but that could be nothing more than better tech usage, could also explain the active online RP presence.

I have not seen people making claims to which you allude or give it authority. Anybody can be sued anytime, anywhere in America and they have to be accountable. If you are hiding in a foreign country might be a different thing, but again Youtube(aka Google)has it's own reporting and monitoring system.

People everywhere, including non-paul supporters use Youtube everyday. You are simply making a proclamation that you haven't documented to validate. As to "using it to prove", well I haven't seen anybody on here prove anything so don't see how that enters in.

People use pictures and videos because they communicate well. As to the information that is always up for grabs no matter the source. Content and medium are separate things. (btw I didn't mean "the papers" I said paper, a medium)

I assume everyone here is an adult and can make their own assessments about content. Exchanging information is just that, nothing more.

(LOL) Maybe this mantra can be repeated by those confused about "information authority".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6mwfuuYwQs

Last edited by CDusr; 04-20-2012 at 03:44 PM..

Old 04-20-2012, 03:33 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,897,654 times
Quote:
American voters in the 2-party system would have to either vote for a do-nothing-debt-forever Democrat or a help-the rich (like they need it) Republican - do we have another choice besides just staying at home?

YES! - having a Ron Paul option would give people who are uninterested in either of the above, a REASON to vote. Of course, there is always the Diebolt fraud hurdle to climb, which will be the most daunting of all.

Ron Paul Fraud! 'Diebold' Vote Machines Steal 2008 Primaries - YouTube
It really doesn't make much difference whether he should, the chances are pretty good he won't.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections