Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 04:00 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times

Advertisements

I do have to say that in all the time I have spent as historian for four families, decent from Native Americans is one of the most common false family legends among those who have been in the country for more than 5 generations. The other is that a great grandfather, or uncle, or somebody played pro-baseball.

Both family myths are usually pretty easy to disprove, but it's never well received when you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 04:02 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
As a 1/32 Cherokee Elizabeth Warren was hired to make her diversity something for Harvard University. I guess that was after they appointed a half-black man President of the Law Review. They were really hard up for some diversity high up in the school back then.

Warren has lied all along about how much of her is Cherokee and the name for how Cherokee she claims to be is pretty humorous.

Deflect and equal you of the left who think she is so great and might win an election in which she tried to use that racial diversity in.

Elizabeth Warren dances with lies - HUMAN EVENTS
There should be no affirmative action anyway, if there weren't any none of this mess would have happened. Warren would have been at most a lower level government worker and Obama would also never have been.

Being Obama was bad as a President, the country would have benefited more without Affirmative Action early on.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I do have to say that in all the time I have spent as historian for four families, decent from Native Americans is one of the most common false family legends among those who have been in the country for more than 5 generations. The other is that a great grandfather, or uncle, or somebody played pro-baseball.

Both family myths are usually pretty easy to disprove, but it's never well received when you do.
Yea, i especially don't get it when i see white folks desiring to have Indian heritage. Really? Makes no sense. You're on the team that won. You'd think that would make people happy.

Usually when they make claims of Native heritage, i just laugh uproariously. You kidding me? Kill'em off, and now you wanna be 'em? The irony is too much for my funny bone.

I guess if they'd killed off as many blacks as they did Indians, they'd claim black blood too. Well on second thought....

Old 05-10-2012, 04:04 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Oh yay, lets bash dead people.
Please, this is beyond tacky.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
There should be no affirmative action anyway, if there weren't any none of this mess would have happened. Warren would have been at most a lower level government worker and Obama would also never have been.

Being Obama was bad as a President, the country would have benefited more without Affirmative Action early on.
Yea...REALLY early on. Like when the Europeans arrived.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yea...REALLY early on. Like when the Europeans arrived.
Meaning there should NEVER have been affirmative action.
You make it or not on the merits of yourself.

Europeans did make very good citizens, good point.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:09 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post

If you can trace your ancestry back to someone on the Dawes roll it's not hard. I don't know if that's the case with her or not, but if she was able to legally claim cherokee ancestry I'm guessing it has to be a yes.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Meaning there should NEVER have been affirmative action.
You make it or not on the merits of yourself.

Europeans did make very good citizens, good point.
Yea...they earned everything they got. Never took anything from anyone else at the expense of others. Never.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yea...they earned everything they got. Never took anything from anyone else at the expense of others. Never.
Most came here poor like everyone else and made it by not going as much on the dole.
Keep in mind that black families used to be more mainstream with success and two parent families before Demcrats blessed them with the great society welfare system. That disabled them, then without the men there the kids found drugs and the rest is history.

You know that if a black, white or asian comes here from another part of the world they all do real well still. They don't live in the mindset of give me.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Most came here poor like everyone else and made it by not going as much on the dole.
Keep in mind that black families used to be more mainstream with success and two parent families before Demcrats blessed them with the great society welfare system. That disabled them, then without the men there the kids found drugs and the rest is history.

You know that if a black, white or asian comes here from another part of the world they all do real well still. They don't live in the mindset of give me.
Disabled them? Please. I'd bet a dollar to a donut that i'm doing much better than you. If anyone in this conversation is disabled, it's clearly you, not me.

We're talking about white folks claiming to be Indians...not your obsession with black people.

And your first sentence is a load of bull. Again, the first and greatest recipients of Affirmative Action were white, and it's not even close. Like, no other group can even compare. In fact, it's STILL that way.

So....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections