Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 09:19 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,813,201 times

Advertisements

Tea Party Organizations in Monmouth, Middlesex, Ocean Counties along with Bayshore Tea Party Endorse Ron Paul for President | cnbnews.net - CNBNEWS.NET

Quote:
May 21st, 2012 | For Immediate Release

A Statement from Tea Party Groups of New Jersey

Monmouth County Tea Party Coalition | Ocean County Citizens For Freedom | Bayshore Tea Party Group | Tea Party of Middlesex County

No longer will we be forced by both political parties and the media to choose between the lesser of two evils. We say, not on our watch will we ever give in to this sort of tyranny again. This game ends right here, right now! Endorsing Mitt Romney and his record of left-leaning policies would be a complete hypocrisy that collides with everything the Tea Party Movement stands for.

So, it is with great pleasure and honor that We of the above mentioned Tea Party Groups of New Jersey, announce our full endorsement of Dr. Ron Paul for President of The United States of America 2012. Dr. Paul's 20+ year voting record as an ardent constitutional conservative speaks profoundly of his integrity both as a representative of the people and as a human being. Dr. Paul's message of Limited Constitutional Government and Individual Liberty is what motivated the Tea Parties into action to begin with and this message will continue to resonate within our movement until America is restored to her former glory and is once again a beacon of freedom.

We choose to stand by our principles rather than to sell our souls to the game of politics because this is what Ron Paul has done consistently his entire political life and we expect nothing less of ourselves.

We are committed to serving our communities by demanding accountability and responsible governing from our elected officials and restoring our country to a constitutional, limited government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 09:35 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,472,577 times
Romney is a conservative, not a liberal.

Also....did they miss that Ron Paul's campaign has admitted he can't win the nomination?

Ron Paul: I can’t win the nomination, but I’m not dropping out - The Washington Post

Old 05-21-2012, 10:12 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,671,010 times

I have been saying, that only the leading neocon talking heads, of a select few groups, that jumped on the tea party wagon at the tail end of 2010 are the individuals supporting Romney, while it is the Constitutionalists tea party members that are coming out in droves to support Dr. Paul when the delegate selection starts.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:14 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,671,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

Also....did they miss that Ron Paul's campaign has admitted he can't win the nomination?

Ron Paul: I can’t win the nomination, but I’m not dropping out - The Washington Post

What in Romney's past character, qualifies him as Conservative, when he has admitted himself, he is a Progressive Republican??

Explain that to me, PLEASE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2XkKK1mio4

Quote:
We are constantly told by Romney‘s supporters, at least those who can still bear the humiliation of being associated with the man, that he’s conservative. Not only is he conservative but he governed Massachusetts as a conservative. Never mind the increased state support of abortion rights, Romneycare, carbon caps, and his opposition to a Traditional Marriages amendment that his wife supported. The fact that he ran to the left of Fat Teddy in 1994 is just… airbrushed or I suppose we could say they are PhotoShopped.
So how did he run for governor? In his own words he tells this particular group of voters in 2002
I think people recognize that I am not a partisan Republican. That I’m someone who is moderate, and that my views are progressive.

Romney has a horn growing out from his nose.... RINO!

Last edited by BentBow; 05-21-2012 at 10:23 PM..

Old 05-21-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:

Your world begins and ends with Romney's nomination. Tampa is only the BEGINNING of OUR movement. Watch as we kick out big government spenders, warmongers and hypocritical RINOs like you out of the GOP and reclaim it. It will take time, I know, but when you get the boot, you wouldn't know what hit you.

P.S: Romney is a conservative? HAHAHA...

Old 05-21-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What in Romney's past character, qualifies him as Conservative, when he has admitted himself, he is a Progressive Republican??
He got the state of Massachusetts out of a financial crisis, turning a huge deficit into a surplus without raising taxes. In fact, he cut taxes.

His plans to cut taxes, cut spending, and reduce regulations are pretty conservative.

I don't really care about social issues other than illegal immigration and he is against illegal immigration and against amnesty. As MA governor, he vetoed legislation granting illegals in-state tuition at public colleges and universities (you know that Perry signed similar legislation into law here in TX) and started a program where state police would have been able to enforce immigration laws, though Deval Patrick succeeded him as governor before it was able to go into effect and he reversed it.

Not that I am very concerned about his stances on gay marriage or abortion but...

As far as the "traditional marriage" amendment, he was against it because it would have gone so far as to ban domestic partnerships. Furthermore, he actually used an old law from the days when interracial marriage was illegal in some states that was still on the books to prevent gay couples who lived outside of MA from being married in MA after the Supreme Judicial Court legalized gay marriage (and I don't think he should have, but this does show that he has been very consistently against gay marriage, though he has been supportive of other rights for gays).

Yes, he was once pro-choice but he was always personally against abortion and even counseled women against having them. He had what seems to have been a legitimate change of heart and changed his stance to pro-life.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 05-21-2012 at 10:45 PM..

Old 05-21-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Your world begins and ends with Romney's nomination. Tampa is only the BEGINNING of OUR movement. Watch as we kick out big government spenders, warmongers and hypocritical RINOs like you out of the GOP and reclaim it. It will take time, I know, but when you get the boot, you wouldn't know what hit you.

P.S: Romney is a conservative? HAHAHA...
I see no reason to believe that, if elected, Romney will be anything like Bush Jr. when it comes to spending. He has plans to significantly cut spending and he supports a balanced budget amendment.

P.S.: defense spending =/= war spending. In fact, spending on actual defense can lead to less spending on wars.

I am not a RINO. Hell, I agree with you Ron Paul supporters on a lot. I think Romney's economic plans are pretty conservative, but I wish they would go further. That being said, like most Americans (Republican, Democrat, and independent), I am NOT OK with a completely non-interventionist foreign policy. I am not OK with private groups coining their own money. I am against the Patriot Act and NDAA, but I am going to support the candidate who I agree with the most even if I disagree with them on some issues.

You all will NEVER be "reclaiming" the GOP...you mean "claiming," because you never claimed it before. Some of your views are not supported by the majority of Republicans or the majority of Americans and you refuse to compromise on anything. You will never accomplish anything until you learn to compromise.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 05-21-2012 at 10:42 PM..

Old 05-21-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
I see no reason to believe that, if elected, Romney will be anything like Bush Jr. when it comes to spending. He has plans to significantly cut spending and he supports a balanced budget amendment.

P.S.: defense spending =/= war spending. In fact, spending on actual defense can lead to less spending on wars.

I am not a RINO. Hell, I agree with you Ron Paul supporters on a lot. I think Romney's economic plans are pretty conservative, but I wish they would go further. That being said, like most Americans (Republican, Democrat, and independent), I am NOT OK with isolationism. I am not OK with private groups coining their own money. I am against the Patriot Act and NDAA, but I am going to support the candidate who I agree with the most even if I disagree with them on some issues.
Sure you are a RINO. Getting a RINO to admit that he is a RINO would be like getting an insane person to agree that he is insane.

Sure Romney is a warmonger. There isn't a Middle Eastern country Romney has found on the globe that he wouldn't like to bomb. Don't give me all that crap about defense spending =/= war spending. Romney isn't doing defense spending, but rather war spending. He dodged draft and never served, but now wants to send others' children to die in his wars. Motherfu...

Are you really that thick in your noggin that you can't differentiate between isolationism and non-interventionism? Isolationism is N. Korea and Non-interventionism is Switzerland, OK? Do some Googling and gain some knowledge, FFS!

You are against private groups coining their own money? Really? Damn, this is not even Ron Paul's position, but I'll bite. How does private groups coining their own money hurt you? You don't have to accept it as tender if you don't like it. Why do you care if I coin my own gold coins and give it to Joe, if Joe is fine with it? If you examine the history of money, this kinda used to happen a lot. RP-haters don't like YouTube videos (says it's all doctored), or else I would have given you a 45 min lecture to watch - on sound money and what the Constitution says about it.

Quote:
You all will NEVER be "reclaiming" the GOP...you mean "claiming," because you never claimed it before. Some of your views are not supported by the majority of Republicans or the majority of Americans and you refuse to compromise on anything. You will never accomplish anything until you learn to compromise.
RP's views is called the "Old-Right". Views of Taft, Buffet and Goldwater. Pretty much what conservatism was all about, till you warmongers took over. So kicking you out and taking the GOP back would be technically "reclaiming" it.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:27 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,089,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post

RP's views is called the "Old-Right". Views of Taft, Buffet and Goldwater. Pretty much what conservatism was all about, till you warmongers took over. So kicking you out and taking the GOP back would be technically "reclaiming" it.
Yes that is a great path to send the GOP down. Taft and Goldwater are well known for their electoral success. I heard Taft was really popular in his one term before getting his butt handed to him in the next election. And Goldwater is in no way the poster child for extreme candidates or anything like that.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:08 AM

473 posts, read 400,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
Yes that is a great path to send the GOP down. Taft and Goldwater are well known for their electoral success. I heard Taft was really popular in his one term before getting his butt handed to him in the next election. And Goldwater is in no way the poster child for extreme candidates or anything like that.
Who's the "extreme" candidate?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections