Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 12:12 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
I'll respond only because I have seen this self-serving "rationale" by other more cogent posters.
Here's the difference between you and me:
* Your motivation for him stepping down or being fired is because he's an Obama appointee and a small scandal might help your "cause" of getting a more extremist govt in November. Like I said previously, no repug is concerned that he didn't do a job. Do you realize he might be replaced by somebody tougher? If so it could be bad for the Right.
The government I want is not coming in November. No, whoever Romeny picks will not go after the corruption that is rampant in our markets. It's one of the biggest reasons I will not be voting for him.

I really, really thought that going after this corruption would be one area that I would be able to support Obama on.

Quote:
* My reason for him to step down would be if there is a better replacement who would go after the corrupt Right. He should investigate wrongdoing which harms the country on either side. Your motivation is totally different and self-serving.

Quote:
You deem him guilty already, simply because you don't like Obama - that's it! Other opinions illustrate the chest-beating right-wing's disdain for due process toward anybody they don't like. Guilty until proved innocent - a total reversal of due process. I guess you consider this "pragmatic".
This is why the extreme right is a scourge on America right now since they have taken over Congress, but hey, some dopes elected them.
Blankfein blatently lied before Congress. You would see me doing backflips patting Holder on the back if he would charge him for contempt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 12:12 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
They need to. There are to many liars in this administration and I am not talking about run of the mill politicians these are extreme liars.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:13 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times

Gowdy on Holder Fast and Furious Contempt: It's Way Beyond Politics - YouTube

Rep. Gowdy did previously work for BATFE and, IIRC, also for the DOJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections