Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 01:04 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,722,614 times

Advertisements

Barack Obama and Mitt Romney are like previous Dems & Reps in that they get something like a billion in campaign contributions, and the big donors in special interest groups are expecting something in return. Therefore, while Dems and Reps may throw some crumbs to the poor and middle class, the 1% richest will likely be favored. Favoritism pits groups against each other.

Gary Johnson does not favor one voter over another. He is for 100% of the population equally. To prove this, his budget cuts government departments and programs 43%. That's right, across the board, equally.

He wants to abolish the IRS. Federal income tax would cease. It would be replaced by a national sales tax of 23%, plus a 100% tax on cannabis. The 100% tax on cannabis would likely make it 10% of the cost it is now, giving the 50 million admitted cannabis users in US more money to spend on other things. This renewed industry (it was legal until 1937) would create jobs.

Also, cannabis often is excellent for pain. Gary Johnson used it 3 years when he fell 50 feet, bones broken in back, ribs, & knee. 25% of Americans say they are in chronic pain, so Drs. & Big Pharma can't help all.

Gary Johnson really cares about everyone equally. No lists of who he hates. Equal rights, equal treatment. For real for sure. Gary Johnson I think is 1 of the most honest, kindest and smartest to ever run for President.

He's a frugal self-made millionaire who built himself a modest house. He will veto all or part of most bills. Gary J can get 100 votes with $1, but the 2 others spend about $1,000 to get 100 votes. Gary Johnson has moved up in polls last few weeks from 4% to about 10%. They will allow him in the debates when he polls 15%. I think that could happen fairly soon.

He tells Republicans he's more fiscally conservative than Mitt Romney. He tells Democrats he's more socially liberal than Barack Obama. Please if you might have any interest visit Gary Johnson 2012 Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 01:35 AM

7,541 posts, read 11,579,521 times

Obama has the best chance

Old 06-10-2012, 08:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
Barack Obama and Mitt Romney are like previous Dems & Reps in that they get something like a billion in campaign contributions, and the big donors in special interest groups are expecting something in return. Therefore, while Dems and Reps may throw some crumbs to the poor and middle class, the 1% richest will likely be favored. Favoritism pits groups against each other.

Gary Johnson does not favor one voter over another. He is for 100% of the population equally. To prove this, his budget cuts government departments and programs 43%. That's right, across the board, equally.

He wants to abolish the IRS. Federal income tax would cease. It would be replaced by a national sales tax of 23%, plus a 100% tax on cannabis. The 100% tax on cannabis would likely make it 10% of the cost it is now, giving the 50 million admitted cannabis users in US more money to spend on other things. This renewed industry (it was legal until 1937) would create jobs.

Also, cannabis often is excellent for pain. Gary Johnson used it 3 years when he fell 50 feet, bones broken in back, ribs, & knee. 25% of Americans say they are in chronic pain, so Drs. & Big Pharma can't help all.

Gary Johnson really cares about everyone equally. No lists of who he hates. Equal rights, equal treatment. For real for sure. Gary Johnson I think is 1 of the most honest, kindest and smartest to ever run for President.

He's a frugal self-made millionaire who built himself a modest house. He will veto all or part of most bills. Gary J can get 100 votes with $1, but the 2 others spend about $1,000 to get 100 votes. Gary Johnson has moved up in polls last few weeks from 4% to about 10%. They will allow him in the debates when he polls 15%. I think that could happen fairly soon.

He tells Republicans he's more fiscally conservative than Mitt Romney. He tells Democrats he's more socially liberal than Barack Obama. Please if you might have any interest visit Gary Johnson 2012 Thanks!
Regardless of his ideas and many are good, he can not win; It will be at least 20 years before we will see a libartarian elected to a major office. I might not like that, but it is a fact. I don't think he will ever poll anywhere near 15%. He has probably peaked.

Nita

Old 06-10-2012, 08:35 AM

14,029 posts, read 15,037,335 times
This year could be like 1992, the last Presidental election with a Major 3rd Party canidate.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:41 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
This year could be like 1992, the last Presidental election with a Major 3rd Party canidate.
I think it will be and Johnson might surprise us, but he still will not get enough support to come close to winning.

Nita

Old 06-10-2012, 11:10 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Gary Johnson will not have a chance to win the presidency, period. The only way he might win is if there are 4 candidates running Greens, Dems, Repubs, Libs and he wins with a plurality. 3rd parties do not have a chance in hell of winning the presidency

Old 06-10-2012, 11:32 AM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,584 times
I like Gary Johnson but he has no chance to win at all.I doubt he will get 5% in the election.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:58 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
I doubt it Perot's ton of $$$ certainly helped him. No way can Johnson raise the type of $$ needed to have a serious third party run It gets even less nd less likely now post-Citizens United with all the Super PAC $$$

Old 06-10-2012, 01:46 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
I knew Ross Perot. Gary Johnson is no Ross Perot. (to paraphrase a very famous statement)

Old 06-10-2012, 03:11 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,936,194 times
Yeah, I don't see this happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections