Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2012, 08:37 AM

272 posts, read 229,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Here.... let me explain how this works.

Obama has released his tax returns. Romney has not released either his tax returns or his college transcripts.

1. Romney demanding Obama release what he has not himself released = hypocrisy.

2. Obama demanding Romney release what he has himself released = not hypocrisy.

It's really not rocket science.
3. Romney has already lied in 2002 about what was in his taxes. He can't be trusted to tell the truth when it comes to his taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 08:37 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
I also never said he was a hypocrite. I said his demands were stupid. Which they are, just like an arm wrestle or body building competition wouldn't prove one was a hypocrite. It would just prove pointless.
So what you are saying is RMoney can't release his tax returns because of what might be on them, got it, that's what I figured.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:38 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahC View Post
3. Romney has already lied in 2002 about what was in his taxes. He can't be trusted to tell the truth.
As a matter of fact, yes. He does have a history about lying about his tax returns.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:39 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Personally, I believe even Liberals are starting to understand how foolish they look by continuing to press the tax return issue. I view it as one of those campaign issues that should have come and gone......wore out its effective shelf-life.....move on to something else. The issue here is that there is nothing else for Democrats to run on. What record would they use? What could they possibly tout that they haven't touted yet??? There's certainly nothing positive that will resonate with America. So, tax returns are the core issue in the Obama Camp.

Believe it or not, I sort of feel sorry for Democrats and liberals. It must be a horrible position to be in defending a total loser at a crucial juncture in American history.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
That's it in a nutshell. The silly dems and their dysfunctional, inept leader, will screech and squawl from here to eternity. Ignore them and they'll eventually tire of themselves and move on.

Dumb to the core.
Yet "trust me" RMoney wants you to just take his word for it, nothing more than a crooked politician telling you to trust them, yet it seems like you Cons have all gotten in line behind your leader.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Personally, I believe even Liberals are starting to understand how foolish they look by continuing to press the tax return issue. I view it as one of those campaign issues that should have come and gone......wore out its effective shelf-life.....move on to something else. The issue here is that there is nothing else for Democrats to run on. What record would they use? What could they possibly tout that they haven't touted yet??? There's certainly nothing positive that will resonate with America. So, tax returns are the core issue in the Obama Camp.

Believe it or not, I sort of feel sorry for Democrats and liberals. It must be a horrible position to be in defending a total loser at a crucial juncture in American history.
Yet this issue is still in the news, it has been in the news all year long, and it isn't going away until after Romney loses the election.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:42 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
I also never said he was a hypocrite.
That's okay. I didn't either. That was entirely a hypothetical because even Romney is not so stupid as to actually ask for what all his idiotic sycophants have been foaming over. You will note that he has never once asked for Obama's college records. That idiotic request is reserved entirely for the pathetic cretins like Trump who are cheering him on from the sidelines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive
I said his demands were stupid. Which they are, just like an arm wrestle or body building competition wouldn't prove one was a hypocrite. It would just prove pointless.
Certainly, given Romney's consistent response on this issue, even you can't really believe that.

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yet this issue is still in the news, it has been in the news all year long, and it isn't going away until after Romney loses the election.
Serious question: Given the state of affairs in America, do you think it's sad that that's ALL Democrats have to effectively campaign on?

162 posts, read 177,409 times
if I were Romney I'd say "sure, I'll give you 5 years of tax returns.....let me wait until my third year in office, the same way you waited three years to materialize a birth certificate".

Old 08-17-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Serious question: Given the state of affairs in America, do you think it's sad that that's ALL Democrats have to effectively campaign on?
Yet we are currently winning in the polls. Actually if you have been paying attention, this in only one of the many issues that are being talked about. I just find it funny that Romney is willing to bury his chances simply by hiding something he should of put out back in April and it would of been old news by now. Mistake for Romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections