Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2012, 09:44 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm not at all interested in tax records either. Hey Finn, tell me how many of Obamas tax records you've poured through out of interest. I'm curious to know..
Other people pored over them, but apparently there was nothing worth reporting. Maybe that's why he didn't mind releasing them. If there was nothing to hide in The Twit's returns, then he would have released them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 09:45 AM

861 posts, read 1,147,315 times
Two interesting new developments. First, Romney went back and check his returns himself and he has declared that there is nothing wrong with them. So there is no need to disclose more than two years worth. Second, in his selection of a VP, he required the disclosure of more than two years of tax returns.

So we have 1) trust me, I've rechecked my own records, and 2) I don't have to do it but you do (the definition of hypocrisy).

Old 08-17-2012, 09:45 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,072,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How ineffective has our IRS become? If Romney was doing what Dirty Harry says it seems to me that they would be down on him for all those past years of cheating.
Again... hint: 2009 IRS amnesty for illegal Swiss tax shelters.

Look it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy
Since Obama has been in charge of the IRS the past almost 4 years it appears to me that he could get something from them.
Aaahhhh... another example the inexplicable integrity of most government departments that never seems to resonate with your alternative reality.

Who's have imagined?

Old 08-17-2012, 09:46 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,621,589 times
like 6 people I know watch "the media" as you know it.

and I know hundreds of people, no one watches them anymore look at their ratings.

they're only around because they're subsidized by the government and corporate conglomerates to propagandize you and mold you.

sounds crazy, I know, but look at their ratings and look at what their advertisers pay them and who "they" actually are and who owns them.

it's a big scam.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:47 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,940 times
No deal. ********* Obama and you distractioning from you failures

Old 08-17-2012, 09:47 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
How stupid do you think Messina thinks the Romney people are. Surely he knows that they know Messina and Axelrod and promises from them mean about as much as promises from Obama.
Why does Romney feel like people have to make offers to get him to release what he should be releasing anyway?

Old 08-17-2012, 09:48 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,072,496 times
Quote:
He has to be hiding something in Obama's way of thinking.
And clearly (as demonstrated by your very next sentence) in your way of thinking as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy
What is Obama hiding in his college enrollment forms?
A lot of very good grades.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:49 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
President Obama's campaign is offering Mitt Romney a deal: Release five years of tax returns, and we'll stop demanding more.

"Governor Romney apparently fears that the more he offers, the more our campaign will demand that he provide," wrote Obama campaign manager Jim Messina in a letter today Romney counterpart Matt Rhoades.

"So," Messina added, "I am prepared to provide assurances on just that point: if the Governor will release five years of returns, I commit in turn that we will not criticize him for not releasing more -- neither in ads nor in other public communications or commentary for the rest of the campaign."
The offer comes a day after Romney said he has paid a tax rate of at 13% per year over the past decade

Obama offers Romney a deal on tax releases
Now he wants 5 years? This is extortion. Obama won't attack if Romney gives him what he wants. It's pure Mob tactics, and to be expected from someone raised on Chicago politics.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:50 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strate L O S S View Post
like 6 people I know watch "the media" as you know it.

and I know hundreds of people, no one watches them anymore look at their ratings.

they're only around because they're subsidized by the government and corporate conglomerates to propagandize you and mold you.

sounds crazy, I know, but look at their ratings and look at what their advertisers pay them and who "they" actually are and who owns them.

it's a big scam.
You should check what city you live in, no one in NYC has time to watch tv, so of course no one you know watches the media, none of the people I know here watch tv either, but the rest of the country does.

And yes, it is a big scam, which is why I avoid almost all media tv shows.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:51 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,063,228 times
Quote:
He has to be hiding something in Obama's way of thinking. What is Obama hiding in his college enrollment forms?
TAXES LOL
Obama is hiding this
Quote:
Following high school, Obama moved to Los Angeles in 1979 to attend Occidental College. In February 1981, he made his first public speech, calling for Occidental to divest from South Africa in response to its policy of apartheid.[32] In mid-1981, Obama traveled to Indonesia to visit his mother and sister Maya, and visited the families of college friends in Pakistan and India for three weeks.[32] Later in 1981, he transferred to Columbia University in New York City, where he majored in political science with a specialty in international relations[33] and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in 1983. He worked for a year at the Business International Corporation,[34] then at the New York Public Interest Research Group.[35][36]
Chicago community organizer and Harvard Law School

Two years after graduating, Obama was hired in Chicago as director of the Developing Communities Project (DCP), a church-based community organization originally comprising eight Catholic parishes in Roseland, West Pullman, and Riverdale on Chicago's South Side. He worked there as a community organizer from June 1985 to May 1988.[36][37] He helped set up a job training program, a college preparatory tutoring program, and a tenants' rights organization in Altgeld Gardens.[38] Obama also worked as a consultant and instructor for the Gamaliel Foundation, a community organizing institute.[39] In mid-1988, he traveled for the first time in Europe for three weeks and then for five weeks in Kenya, where he met many of his paternal relatives for the first time.[40][41] He returned to Kenya in 1992 with his fiancée Michelle and his sister Auma.[40][42] He returned to Kenya in August 2006 for a visit to his father's birthplace, a village near Kisumu in rural western Kenya.[43]
In late 1988, Obama entered Harvard Law School. He was selected as an editor of the Harvard Law Review at the end of his first year,[44] and president of the journal in his second year.[38][45] During his summers, he returned to Chicago, where he worked as an associate at the law firms of Sidley Austin in 1989 and Hopkins & Sutter in 1990.[46] After graduating with a J.D. magna *** laude[47] from Harvard in 1991, he returned to Chicago.[44] Obama's election as the first black president of the Harvard Law Review gained national media attention[38][45] and led to a publishing contract and advance for a book about race relations,[48] which evolved into a personal memoir. The manuscript was published in mid-1995 as Dreams from My Father.[48]
University of Chicago Law School and civil rights attorney

In 1991, Obama accepted a two-year position as Visiting Law and Government Fellow at the University of Chicago Law School to work on his first book.[48][49] He then taught at the University of Chicago Law School for twelve years—as a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996, and as a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004—teaching constitutional law.[50]
From April to October 1992, Obama directed Illinois's Project Vote, a voter registration campaign with ten staffers and seven hundred volunteer registrars; it achieved its goal of registering 150,000 of 400,000 unregistered African Americans in the state, leading Crain's Chicago Business to name Obama to its 1993 list of "40 under Forty" powers to be.[51] In 1993, he joined Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland, a 13-attorney law firm specializing in civil rights litigation and neighborhood economic development, where he was an associate for three years from 1993 to 1996, then of counsel from 1996 to 2004. His law license became inactive in 2007.[52][53]
From 1994 to 2002, Obama served on the boards of directors of the Woods Fund of Chicago, which in 1985 had been the first foundation to fund the Developing Communities Project; and of the Joyce Foundation.[36] He served on the board of directors of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge from 1995 to 2002, as founding president and chairman of the board of directors from 1995 to 1999.[36]
Which specific school's records do you want? the ones from the 80's? I hope you know what a Juris Doctor magna *** laude from Harvard Law School is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections