Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2012, 03:26 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,119,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Most of the trailer park crowd and the tin foilers hate Obama so much, they really don't care. What's funny is these poor a$$ republicans who have a hard time realizing that Romney despises their kind. He would send them to China with their menial jobs if he could. All he cares about is money and doesn't have any regard for the thousands of people he runs over to get it. American greed at its finest.
My thoughts exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 03:28 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,119,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
You are having a hard time understanding that Romney is betting against his own interest. Why is his money not in U.S. banks? Why should I trust in you to lead me when you don't even have your own money saved here? Romney can put his money anywhere he wants but I don't have to listen to him or believe him when he says "he knows what's best for the country." How does he know what's best when his money is off shore. He is all about making money and doesn't give two sh#ts about you and I or the American people. His actions are so unpatriotic. Sending American labor to India and China for the sake of profit. There isn't anything wrong with that if you are a CEO with no conscience. If you are running for POTUS, then it's a problem. You have altered the lives of so many people; disrupted their livelihoods and shut down whole towns dependent on their success. Now you want to smile and say trust me? I don't think so.
BINGO!!!

Old 07-10-2012, 03:32 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post

Mitt Romney defends his finances - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Mitt Romney's Blind Trust Not So Blind - ABC News

I suspect this is a scandal which will continue to grow, fester throughout the Summer and the distrust of the electorate will grow with it. And it'll be a danmed if you do and damned if you don't situation for Mr. Romney because if his investments and hidden funds are made transparent voters may not trust him because of the choices he's likely to have made.

This is an issue which will not go away. Not anytime soon.

I know know if mitt can or not, but can ole hussein survive a failed 1st term?

Old 07-10-2012, 03:34 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,582,560 times
Let's just say that Romney had hundreds of millions invested overseas. He is certainly not the only one. Why do you think people would do that? Do you think that Obama's effort to increase taxes on the wealthy is likely to help that or do you think more people will move more money?

Old 07-10-2012, 03:34 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,202,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You don't honestly believe that do you? Bill Clinton and Cory Booker think your attacks are "nauseating" and "sophomoric," because Romney has an "exemplary" business record that he should be "proud" of.

Bill is right, Romney passes the threshold of being qualified to run for president - certain more so than Obama in 2008.
Oh good lord. You, of all people, are quoting Bill Clinton's word as the gospel? When have you EVER said a positive thing about Bill Clinton in your life? That's about as desperate as it gets.

For the record, I think old Bill is a slime bag, and if he says something I usually think the opposite is true. I respect Hilary though--she's a tough gal, even if I don't usually agree with her on domestic issues.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:36 PM

26,482 posts, read 15,063,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Then why doesn't he just do it now and end this? The convention is in a month and a half. He's the nominee--the convention will just be a formality at this point. Why would he let this stew for the next six weeks when he could end it immediately?
Why did Obama wait YEARS to release his birth certificate and not let the birther conspiracy snowball into a huge mess?

Romney has already released 3 years worth and will release the rest of the past 10 years in a month and half.

Why is Obama demanding 23 years from Romney when Obama refused to go above 8 years personally? More Obama hypocrisy isn't surprising.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:38 PM

26,482 posts, read 15,063,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Oh good lord. You, of all people, are quoting Bill Clinton's word as the gospel? When have you EVER said a positive thing about Bill Clinton in your life? That's about as desperate as it gets.

For the record, I think old Bill is a slime bag, and if he says something I usually think the opposite is true. I respect Hilary though--she's a tough gal, even if I don't usually agree with her on domestic issues.
I'd actually say Obama's hypocritical attacks are desperation.

Clinton wasn't a horrible president, I would have voted for him in 1996, but I was a year too young. He knew how to work with opposing viewpoints.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:48 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,202,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Why did Obama wait YEARS to release his birth certificate and not let the birther conspiracy snowball into a huge mess?

Romney has already released 3 years worth and will release the rest of the past 10 years in a month and half.

Why is Obama demanding 23 years from Romney when Obama refused to go above 8 years personally? More Obama hypocrisy isn't surprising.
I'm not interested in defending Obama, but I do care if you have your facts straight or not. First, when has a president EVER been asked to release his birth certificate before? That's nuts, and it's been proven to be nuts. A lot of conservatives think the birthers are nuts. Enough said on that.

Tax returns, however, are expected from presidential candidates. Romney has not released three years, he's released ONE year, his 2011 return. He planned his finances that year when he knew he was going to do a presidential run--years prior to that would most likely give a more accurate view of his business activities. Obama has not released 8 years--he's released 11 years. No one that I know of has asked Romney to release 23 years of anything. Ten or 11 years would be more than adequate.

Barbour: Romney should release more tax returns - Yahoo! News

Although he's trying to diffuse things by saying it "doesn't amount to diddly," Haley Barbour came out this week urging Romney to release his returns and get this over with. There is no legitimate reason not to release them.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:18 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,334,408 times
So again we are supposed to care more about what Mitt Romney does with his money than what Obama does with ours? Whatever. Go take up Seppuku as a hobby.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:19 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,334,408 times
So again we are supposed to care more about what Mitt Romney does with his money than what obama does with ours? Whatever. Go take up Seppuku as a hobby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections