Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,921,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Expressing a concern for the millions of people participating in and attending the Olympics is not being insulting, it is being a professional. I know that is hard to understand for some.

And of course, Americans are ugly, American is horrible, we should be ashamed...blah blah blah It's sickening the rhetoric the left spews.
Which foreign heads of state do you think Americans should take advice from? Is it OK for Kim Jong Un to tell us how to run the Super Bowl? Or do you think Americans would tell him to go pound sand?

I know that Romney is your boy, but it is obvious to rational people that is it very rude to be a guest in a foreign country and presume that you know better than they do how to handle their affairs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 04:07 PM

487 posts, read 383,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Insulting people while a guest in their country is now considered having a backbone?

Would you feel the same way if a candidate for head of state of a foreign country came to the US and started trash talking the way we do things?

Mitt acted like the stereotypical "Ugly American".
Perhaps, he took a few lessons from Obama...

Obama's Toast to Queen Turns Awkward

Old 07-26-2012, 04:08 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Quote:
Except that there are obvious security concerns with the Olympics there. The paid contractors responsible for security have pulled out at the last minute and they had to bring in some military personnel. Mitt Romney ran an Olympics right after 9/11, one of the most stressful times in this country and with the most security concerns of any Olympics ever and did it remarkably. If he has concerns, he needs to speak up, if he didn't, he would be lambasted for that in the media. Britain needs to listen to him.
It is no surprise that a party hack like yourself would defend a shocking lack of decorum like this. Romney made a fool of the US on an international stage showing he is far, far from prepared to operate in the theatre of world diplomacy. Unfortunately for you, Obama is one of the best presidents we have had in a generation or so on foreign affairs. Fortunately for you, Americans are ignoramuses in foreign affairs and, like you, can't appreciate the foolishness of Romney's behavior over there.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:13 PM

487 posts, read 383,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It is no surprise that a party hack like yourself would defend a shocking lack of decorum like this. Romney made a fool of the US on an international stage showing he is far, far from prepared to operate in the theatre of world diplomacy. Unfortunately for you, Obama is one of the best presidents we have had in a generation or so on foreign affairs. Fortunately for you, Americans are ignoramuses in foreign affairs and, like you, can't appreciate the foolishness of Romney's behavior over there.

Party hack? This is what irks me about the rhetoric used by most liberals. She may very well be a party hack, but perhaps this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black, is it not?

Again, this speaks for itself...

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/b...ama-gaffes.htm

And my point is... Who cares? Now let's get back to the economy...

Old 07-26-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs0503 View Post
Party hack? This is what irks me about the rhetoric used by most liberals. She may very well be a party hack, but perhaps this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black, is it not?

Again, this speaks for itself...

I am not a party hack. I have never even been registered in a political party having been IND all my life. I just know what is best for America at this point in time and I tell it like I see it. On the other hand, the poster I quoted has posted that she is a Romney campaign worker.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:17 PM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Expressing a concern for the millions of people participating in and attending the Olympics is not being insulting, it is being a professional.

ROmney isn;t there ina professional capacity, he's a guest. And when you're a guest at somebody else's party and they ask you how you like the party, you tell them it's an amazing party. Even if the party is going a little wrong. In fact, particularly if the party is going a little wrong.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
ROmney isn;t there ina professional capacity, he's a guest. And when you're a guest at somebody else's party and they ask you how you like the party, you tell them it's an amazing party. Even if the party is going a little wrong. In fact, particularly if the party is going a little wrong.
Amen!

Old 07-26-2012, 04:19 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,955,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I am not a party hack. I have never even been registered in a political party having been IND all my life. I just know what is best for America at this point in time and I tell it like I see it. On the other hand, the poster I quoted has posted that she is a Romney campaign worker.
Yeah she posted the same post like 5 times. It is hilarious and obvious.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:19 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,195,756 times
Quote:
Damn, but the British can turn an insult.

"Mitt Romney is perhaps the only politician who could start a trip that was supposed to be a charm offensive by being utterly devoid of charm and mildly offensive."

And that's a conservative newspaper...

Commentary: if Mitt Romney doesn’t like us, we shouldn’t care - Telegraph

Haha, you know you done messed up when the Torygraph starts clowning on you. Takes a real winner to pull that off.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:22 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,195,756 times
Quote:
Also when your claim to fame is "saving" the fake Olympics by showing up at the Bush White House hat in hand begging for $600million, it's a bit stone in glass house to criticize a real city and their big boy Olympics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections