Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2012, 09:41 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times

Advertisements

Wow, you people are just freakin' nuts! Glad I don't live in the sorry mental state you are. Just wow.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:45 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,440,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Wow, you people are just freakin' nuts! Glad I don't live in the sorry mental state you are. Just wow.

Says the guy from California.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:55 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Says the guy from California.
LMAO, I was just thinking that. What mental case Con would actually live in Cali where they get beat over and over.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:07 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,192,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
LMAO, I was just thinking that. What mental case Con would actually live in Cali where they get beat over and over.
Some people if they had nothing to hate they'd have nothing at all.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:08 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,678,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
That's still a lower rate than I personally paid. I'm not a Rep so I don't count success in sheer dollars earned. Under that idiotic metric a drug dealer who doesn't get caught is a better person than a good first grade teacher.

Romney is a greedy little man who does nothing but represent his fellow greedy little men. They make money by bribing government officials and raiding pension funds so the rest of us have to work longer and harder. Then they attempt to convince us that the real problem with our society is the mailman earns more than ten bucks an hour.

And then the idiots fall for it because they're afraid of gay marriage and women who have abortions.

This should have been an easy election for the Republicans, most agree Obama has been a disappointment and the SuperPacs and the wingnut talking heads have convinced the low information voter that a President that took office in 2009, somehow caused a recession that happened in 2008.

All the Republicans had to do was find one candidate that could follow George Romney's standard and be transparent about his past and could at the very least PRETEND to care about the Middle Class. But instead they will nominate a 1%er without a clue as to how the rest of America lives.

Last edited by Eddyline; 08-07-2012 at 11:03 AM..

Old 08-07-2012, 10:57 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Arrest him? For what, my guess is Mitt was taking advantage of the offshore evasion Amnesty. I don't believe that is a crime. It's the amnesty from being prosecuted for the felony of hiding the money w/o paying taxes. So as I see it, bottom line is Harry's source is telling the truth so is Mitt, he eventually had to pay the taxes as a condition in the Amnesty. Just my guess, but I can certainly see why Mitt would not want that being "officially" exposed.

1. There is no "offshore amnesty". That is being proposed.

2. If it is not a crime, why do you care?

3. Do you take any deductions?

4. Do you take advantage of the deductions available to you?

Sounds like you think he has done something wrong- arrest him, Bob.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:09 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I am sorry, can you point out which 10 years Reid's source was referring to? I don't recall it being said to include the only year released, a partial one at that.
I think you might be on to something. It was probably age 1-10. How silly of us, to assume that Reid was actually committing slander on the Senate floor?

Old 08-07-2012, 11:12 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Or maybe you're not a Republican patting yourself on the back for your love of fetuses while ignoring the needs of actual people.

Barlett & Steele

If you read the link you'll discover that hardworking Poloraid workers had their pension fund raided and ended up with $47 bucks each after pensions that were supposed to be worth 100 -- 200k. Meanwhile House Republican Rick Lazio walked away with over $500k for a short stint on their board. How is that not immoral and utterly disgusting?

How the hell does Rick Lazio sleep at night?

If you think Romney hasn't pulled similar stunts you're well a Republican.
We can go tit for tat honey, if you want. Just check out Geitner's little stunt with the non-union pensions at GM. How is THAT not immoral and utterly disgusting?

And yes, the GOP does love fetuses. I know you want to rid your body of that annoying little proof of your inability to take responsibility for your own actions. But that doesn't mean everyone is so morally reprehensible.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:14 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Some people if they had nothing to hate they'd have nothing at all.
That's especially true of the left's hatred of anything Palin. Or Rove. Or Koch. Or Bush. Or Cheney. And so forth.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:21 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,849,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
1. There is no "offshore amnesty". That is being proposed.

2. If it is not a crime, why do you care?

3. Do you take any deductions?

4. Do you take advantage of the deductions available to you?

Sounds like you think he has done something wrong- arrest him, Bob.
I don't think it is illegal, on the contrary it is very legal and of great value to those who had been acting contrary to the law. If Romney has taken advantage of the program, fine. But the general knowledge of that would be probably politically devastating. But hey, Mitt could release the info and if that is what he is trying to hide, maybe nobody would care.
By the way ....

New IRS Offshore Amnesty Announced: Third Time's A Charm - Forbes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections