Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 08:11 AM

504 posts, read 457,604 times

Advertisements

Look not trying to start a troll war.

I am just interested in why the Rockstars of the GOP have been left out of speaking at the convention in Tampa this year.

You can't keep Clinton away so why is it after a successful 8yr presidency is George Bush or Dick Cheyney not given a chance to speak.

Palin has Obvious sway and really fires up the base.

Gingrich is a helluva speaker and a pretty smart fellow.

Rick Perry has a following

Bachmann has a load of fans..........

Now thats who didnt make the dance...............Lets talk about a few who did.

Nikki Haley, the first woman to serve as South Carolina governor: THis is a joke for the few folks on CD who are from SC, should know that so much dirt has come out on this woman and her administration if she ran for dog catcher "TODAY" she would lose............ Corrupt and inept

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.),: Is this the only military man you can find. A guy that a good percentage of the base abhores. Come on man

Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R): Got his peepee smacked by referendum on his Collective Bargaining laws.

Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R): Talk about buyers remorse my folks are from Florida and are there to see first-hand conservative horror as they find out about this guys medical fraud scams and fines. Info that was ignored in a Tea Party Fueled election.... Even Conserv's are pissed off with him turning down the building of the trains to Orlando. Should be doing the perp walk instead of a Governor of a fine state like FL.

The Guys I would pick to speak--------------- are succesfull

Scott Walker Wisconsin Gov ----the numbers dont lie he Kicked @$s in his recall
Tom Corbett Penn Gov ---- Voter ID laws mission accomplished, School system nearly privatized.
Petraeus -------- Need a Military man
Virginia Gov Bob McDonnell-------- Virginia is VITAL

Just my thoughts, even though I believe both sides work for the same puppeteers it seems the GOP is doing a good job of not even trying to win this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 08:23 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,416,449 times
Seems the GOP is trying very hard to distance themselves from the extreme right-wing fringe by not inviting the so-called "rock stars" of that element of the Republican Party. As you pointed out, Not only is Palin being left out but the others as well, such as Cheney, Bush, and Bachmann.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:31 AM

640 posts, read 718,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Seems the GOP is trying very hard to distance themselves from the extreme right-wing fringe by not inviting the so-called "rock stars" of that element of the Republican Party. As you pointed out, Not only is Palin being left out but the others as well, such as Cheney, Bush, and Bachmann.
...Which is belied by their vice-presidential nomination of a vapid, socially draconian, hairdo...

Old 08-15-2012, 08:33 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,690,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post

Uh, huh.

Are you on the committee to select speakers? No? Are you even going to watch the thing on TV? Are you a Republican? Why are you asking?

Well, well.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:36 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,208,607 times
The party has very deep cuts already, any of those bozos speaking would drain all the blood out of it....

Old 08-15-2012, 08:37 AM

756 posts, read 715,494 times
LMAO ... they won't even let Bush-Cheney near the door ... LMAO

We want GWB!!!!!

Old 08-15-2012, 08:40 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,327,747 times
I'm really glad to see that the Republican party is trying to distance themselves from the wingnuts and extremists in their party. Clearly not letting Cain, Perry, Palin and Bachmann speak is an indication of that. The country will be better off if we can get back to a civility in politics. Decades ago I could vote for someone to be president, knowing that if my choice didn't win at least the one who did wouldn't take the country into a radical and mean-spirited direction. I want those days again.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:53 AM

504 posts, read 457,604 times
Default I like the game of Politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Uh, huh.

Are you on the committee to select speakers? No? Are you even going to watch the thing on TV? Are you a Republican? Why are you asking?

Well, well.

I like being entertained and yes I will watch the republican and democratic convention.................. Dude this was just some honest questions and where i differ in strategy.

And if you read my last line.

You would see what I think of the whole process.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:53 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,121,724 times
B/c they're going for a different kind of incompetent/insane?

Old 08-15-2012, 09:05 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,706,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post

I am just interested in why the Rockstars of the GOP have been left out of speaking at the convention in Tampa this year.

.....SNIP

You left out the guy that has met all protocol to be on the ballot for nomination, in Tampa, except being a paying member of the establishment.

Ron Paul.

If he is not going to win, at least let the guy that started the Conservative movement, to speak, if he has met all the rules to be nominated in the first place.

What do they fear if Ron Paul speaks? Romney has it wrapped up, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections