Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 10:28 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,223,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and you? the house has introduced bill on top of bill but the senate either says no way or the Pres says, don't bother!!!! I love how he is a uniter instead of divider!!!!

Nita
So what you are saying is that just because the Republicans are in control of 1/3 of Congress and President that somehow the Democrats should rubber stamp everything they want? If the tables were flipped, would you be saying the same thing if the Republicans were stopping all the bills the Democrats were passing in the house? We both know your answer on this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Obama is where Obama has been for some time - slightly ahead and with a favorable electoral path. Romney is a longer shot. In any case, I read an interesting article yesterday about "unlikely voters". They tilt 2-1 for Obama and if they showed up it would be not only an electoral but a popular vote landslide. But they don't for various reasons many having to do with not thinking their vote matters or that the choice is really not that significant. They did show a strong tendency to vote if they thought their votes would help in a close election and Clinton seemed to move them significantly as well. Obama wins if he can get people to the polls. Maybe Clinton is what he needs. If he truly believes that this is a choice about the future of the country and he thinks that his vision may go down otherwise, I think he would change VPs

The timing: during the Republican convention, of course.
Voter apathy has always been a depressing thing in our country.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:33 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,886,932 times
Quote:
oh come on: Palin isn't the only one that has predicted or suggested Biden go and Hillary come??
I agree, this has been speculated on long before Palin weighed in on it. And frankly, this would be such a great ticket that I wouldn't care if conservatives went nuts and attempted to attribute it to her should this come to pass. Let them have their little "victory" lap now--Obama/Clinton would have their big victory lap in November. I like Biden, and I have a lot of respect for him, but I do believe adding Hillary to the ticket would energize the left like nothing else. While I'm certainly not counting on it, I would love to see it happen.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:38 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,150,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Obama is where Obama has been for some time - slightly ahead and with a favorable electoral path. Romney is a longer shot. In any case, I read an interesting article yesterday about "unlikely voters". They tilt 2-1 for Obama and if they showed up it would be not only an electoral but a popular vote landslide. But they don't for various reasons many having to do with not thinking their vote matters or that the choice is really not that significant. They did show a strong tendency to vote if they thought their votes would help in a close election and Clinton seemed to move them significantly as well. Obama wins if he can get people to the polls. Maybe Clinton is what he needs. If he truly believes that this is a choice about the future of the country and he thinks that his vision may go down otherwise, I think he would change VPs

The timing: during the Republican convention, of course.
I'd love to read the article you mention. I'm very interested in seeing the source of the data and if the publication is notably left leaning.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:40 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,150,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Voter apathy has always been a depressing thing in our country.
Voter apathy is a problem.....yes.....but ideological apathy is worse in my opinion. I submit that anyone who still supports Barack Obama has not been paying attention over the past 4 years of failure and leading from back of the pack. That's ideological apathy.....one who will pull the lever for a candidate but can't explain why they decided to do so. That's worse than not showing up at the polls at all in my opinion.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Voter apathy is a problem.....yes.....but ideological apathy is worse in my opinion. I submit that anyone who still supports Barack Obama has not been paying attention over the past 4 years of failure and leading from back of the pack. That's ideological apathy.....one who will pull the lever for a candidate but can't explain why they decided to do so. That's worse than not showing up at the polls at all in my opinion.
Actually I have been paying attention to both the failures and successes, and his successes are enough for me to vote for Obama, and Romney's unwillingness to run on his time as governor or his business background makes me less likely to vote for him....that and I have hated Romney for years, since his first bid for president. I didn't trust him then and I don't trust him now.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:12 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Typical vague Pub statement that ignores the truth. The Republican-cursed, Republican-controlled House passes legislation that stinks and is full of Conservative rich-protecting nonsense. More Bush policies that are not good for the country. They pass that crap. Pubs just have not proven good for this country.
You do understand how things work right?

The Dems had control of the House and Senate. Neither would pass a budget so people threw them out (among other reasons). The House then passes a budget and the Senate is suppose to do the same. They then work out their differences.

One thing is for certain. Bills being passed that you do not like is certainly far, far different than no bills being passed. The Senate refuses to pass a budget for people to take a side on.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:20 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times
Quote:
oh come on: Palin isn't the only one that has predicted or suggested Biden go and Hillary come??
Of course not but that is the story that will be run with.

Obama boots Biden in favor of Palin's choice, Hillary

(AP) In a sign of desperation Obama has done what he claimed he would never do in dumping Joe Biden
from the ticket in favor of what Sarah Palin calls the strongest ticket, Obama/Clinton.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:23 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,784,683 times
Obama/Clinton would probably crush Romney/Ryan. I think Obama should go for the knock out punch and do it. It could be kept a secret until the convention. That's all people would talk about for weeks after the convention. The GOP wouldn't be able to bounce back.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:27 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,415,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I agree, this has been speculated on long before Palin weighed in on it. And frankly, this would be such a great ticket that I wouldn't care if conservatives went nuts and attempted to attribute it to her should this come to pass. Let them have their little "victory" lap now--Obama/Clinton would have their big victory lap in November. I like Biden, and I have a lot of respect for him, but I do believe adding Hillary to the ticket would energize the left like nothing else. While I'm certainly not counting on it, I would love to see it happen.
I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections