Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 09:21 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me how Seniors will get any kind of decent health care, after they have paid all their working lives into the system, only to be given woefully underfunded vouchers, that will not keep up with inflation, and no access to insurance and huge cuts to seniors funding once Romyan overturn the affordable health act?
Obama's cuts to medicare are coming out of the big financial incentives to insurance compnies etc while Romyan cuts are to the seniors.
Anyone understand how Romyan are helping seniors in any way now or in the future?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 09:30 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,716,747 times
Obviously, you don't have a clue at all about Ryan's Plan.

Seniors will have a choice and can even keep the old Medicare system if they choose.

What Ryan is offering seniors is the same type of plan Congress has.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:50 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Can anyone tell me how Seniors will get any kind of decent health care, after they have paid all their working lives into the system, only to be given woefully underfunded vouchers, that will not keep up with inflation, and no access to insurance and huge cuts to seniors funding once Romyan overturn the affordable health act?
Obama's cuts to medicare are coming out of the big financial incentives to insurance compnies etc while Romyan cuts are to the seniors.
Anyone understand how Romyan are helping seniors in any way now or in the future?
Can we call them the "Both Way Boys"?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...-medicare.html

Old 08-16-2012, 02:32 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
A mind is a terrible thing to waste.. You should educate yourself so you don't continue to make a fool of yourself posting nonsense...

Old 08-16-2012, 02:35 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,823,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post

Seniors will have a choice and can even keep the old Medicare system if they choose.

He only "changed" his plan for the sake of political expediency. Let's not forget that one of his original proposals also called for PRIVATIZING SOCIAL SECURITY. It's pretty clear what Romney/Ryan want to do if they have a political mandate-- vouchers, privatizing social security, lowering taxes on the rich, and eliminating the social safety net. Vote for Romney- if you're really, really rich.

Old 08-16-2012, 02:40 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
A mind is a terrible thing to waste.. You should educate yourself so you don't continue to make a fool of yourself posting nonsense...
That's telling him!

Old 08-16-2012, 02:42 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,092,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
He only "changed" his plan for the sake of political expediency. Let's not forget that one of his original proposals also called for PRIVATIZING SOCIAL SECURITY. It's pretty clear what Romney/Ryan want to do if they have a political mandate-- vouchers, privatizing social security, lowering taxes on the rich, and eliminating the social safety net. Vote for Romney- if you're really, really rich.
It is a shame that the uneducated sheep can vote...

I am under 55 and would like the idea of having a choice. I personally beleive that if done correctly, competition between insureres will bring down my premium rates and I will come out ahead. However, if I did not like the outcome I could swith over to Medicare. So what is your problem? Are you against people having a choice in their own health care plan? I find that offensive....that BIg brother Govt has to tell me what insurance I can have...

I would be fine in considering all or part of my social security being privatized. Again, I would prefer to make my own choice about risk in investing. The current system does not allow for choice....and I recall most plans discussed would be optional....

So tell me, how would either of the two scenarios eliminate the safety net. I know for sure that if nothing is done the safety nets will disappear....perhaps you should join the discussion instead of putting your head in the sand...

Old 08-16-2012, 03:00 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,716,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
He only "changed" his plan for the sake of political expediency.
You already know that's false....why do you keep repeating lies?

He joined with a DEMOCRAT and made it a bi-partisan plan.

The fact is that it's changed and now it would offer seniors the same type of plan Congress gets.

Obama has NO PLAN to save either SS or Medicare......are we better off letting them cease to exist?

Old 08-16-2012, 03:06 PM

197 posts, read 213,070 times
You can't find an individual private health insurance policy today for those 65 and older that offers a medicare equivalent (plan A basic coverage only) for $500 a month today. Nor at age 64 either.

Competition won't bring individual full health coverage premiums down that low. You are dreaming if you think that.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:09 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post

The type of plan Congress has would cost 3 times what the vouchers would be worth. That kind of insurance doesn't come cheap. Congress gets prescription coverage too and Romney would not have that requirement in his plan. Seniors also would have no limits on out of pocket expenses, another thing Congress does not worry about. No, you have been sold a cartload of crap and you bought it all. The other day I asked you if you would like to give up your cushy Medicare plan for what you want younger Americans to accept. Of course, you never answered me. Just be glad you are over 55.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections