Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 08:12 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,749,423 times

Advertisements

Legal is legal.

And I have no problem with Akin's comments either.

It's somewhat amusing to see such outrage coming from both sides. It looks childish to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 08:12 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,315,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
MN Democrat tests limits of well-known axiom on political death « Hot Air

Media silence as Democrat has gay encounter at rest stop with barely legal boy. Sick, disgusting, yet accepted and not seen as any problem with liberals and media
It is a state politician, is the media in Minnesota talking about this? The article sounds like the Democrats in that state are calling for him to step down from the election...

Old 08-21-2012, 08:16 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,348,483 times
I'm always amazed that politicians will put their careers on the line by engaging in sleazy sex where it's only a matter of time that they'll get caught---Republicans or Democrats.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:31 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,485,967 times
Quote:

Media silence as Democrat has gay encounter at rest stop with barely legal boy. Sick, disgusting, yet accepted and not seen as any problem with liberals and media
I feel bad for the kid who is exploring his sexuality in such seedy ways. I hope he gets help before it is too late. The gay lifestyle in destructive.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:34 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,854,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I feel bad for the kid who is exploring his sexuality in such seedy ways. I hope he gets help before it is too late. The gay lifestyle in destructive.
Maybe the guy and Michelle Bachmann can "pray away the gay"

Old 08-21-2012, 08:37 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,749,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Ignorance is destructive. Homosexuality is not.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:59 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,212,428 times
Quote:

Why are you lying about media "silence"? It's been all over the news.....YOU know about it...

And I, as a LIBERAL DEMOCRAT from Minnesota, think this gut should resign....he didn't do anything illegal but it sure was STUPID and irresponsible! He should be outta there! Just like I think MN REPUBLICAN Amy Koch should be gone because of her affair with a staffer.

THERE , now I've condemned him more than ANY Repug in CD has condemned Akin.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:05 AM

19,792 posts, read 14,003,074 times
As much as it hurts me to say so, pghquest is right.

While the sleaziness of this is obvious, it's not illegal. We live in a free country and one is allowed to use free speech rights to advertise for companionship on Craigs List. As long as no money changed hands and both were of consent age, it's legal.

Constituents don't have to re-elect this person but I see nothing in violation of any law or code of ethics. I felt the same with Anthony Weiner and the bare chested Congressman.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:10 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,861,275 times
Obviously this is one looney lib that went for two in the bush while having one in the hand.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-21-2012 at 12:40 PM..

Old 08-21-2012, 09:27 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,067,140 times
Gauthier is a state representative. Therefore, there is likely to be little interest from the legitimate national media in covering this story. Particularly when one considers that Gauthier's actions, as unwise as they were, were not illegal. His own political party has requested that he terminate his reelection campaign. The state's largest newspaper (The Minneapolis Star Tribune, a publication routinely accused of having a liberal bias) has called for his immediate resignation.

Editorial: Rep. Kerry Gauthier should resign | StarTribune.com

Akin, with his "legitimate rape" statement, reflected not just a personal flaw, but a widely-held set of opinions within the religious-based right wing of The US Republican Party. Opinions which show both a lack of concern for the victims of sexual assault and a staggering level of ignorance in regards to human biology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections