Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2012, 09:56 PM

197 posts, read 213,023 times

Advertisements

These were marvelous ungood speeches.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:08 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Ann Romney was just wonderful. She gave the best speech any candidates wife has ever given in my opinion. She is just a natural and she and Mitt are going to be excellent representing our country. Chris Christie was really good also, I am not a huge Christie worshiper like so many are, but he was very good and did what he was asked to do. Nikki Haley and Arturo Davis were two of my favorites. When Santorum talks, my ears turn themselves off for some reason. It just sounds like the teacher in Charlie Brown talking to me. My husband said he did a good job though.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:10 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
Notice how she talked about how Romney, as Governor, spent lots of money on Education.
An now, Christie comes on & one of the first things he does is extol the virtues of the GI Bill.

Both praising government programs. Which the R party now wants to cut.
Perfect example of "I got mine, now too bad for you."
Great point!

But didn't Romney read this article or see the video? There was a thread about this...

Quote:
OBAMA: Romney Plans To Cut Education Spending To Fund Tax Breaks For Millionaires

Addressing a crowd of university students in Ohio, Mr Obama recalled a recent event where Mr Romney had advised an audience member to "borrow money from your parents" if he wanted to start a business or go to college.

As students booed Mr Romney in absentia, Mr Obama added: "And when a high school student in Youngstown [Ohio] asked what he was going to do to make college more affordable for families like his, Governor Romney didn't say anything about grants, or loan programmes, he said, 'the best thing you can do is shop around'.

"That's his answer. 'Shop around and borrow more money from your parents'. I just want everybody to understand that not everybody has parents with the money to lend. That may be news to some folks, but it's the truth."

Mr Obama said his record of "investing in education" contrasted with what he his campaign says are Republican plans to cut education budgets by up to 20 per cent, causing a million students to lose scholarships and 10 million more to see cuts in their financial aid.
OBAMA: Romney Plans To Cut Education Spending To Fund Tax Breaks To Millionaires - Business Insider

Video and Memo: Governor Romney’s Education Cuts Hurt Massachusetts and His Agenda Would Make America Less Competitive

Governor Romney

Old 08-28-2012, 10:13 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Obama has had his chance, now he wants to talk about what Romney will not do????? OMG. We know what Obama will not do, we don't need to guess.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:13 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Because it's not about one man. Its about ideas and change. I understand you libs got use to Mr. All About Me Obama. Haven't you figured out to not put all hope into one leper messiah who has failed us? Guess not
If you want to talk about "buy in" to gossip and sensationalism, it's the bold above. Somebody published this article or made an assertion that Obama is a narcissist and everybody (I mean the elephants) run with it. I bet if they did some psychological profiling, Mitt Romney would score much higher than Obama on the narcissism scale, but Bill Clinton would be up there, too.

If anything, I think Ann Romney and her phony speech would only help disenfranchise today's American woman from her husband and whatever his agenda might be - that includes minority women, working class women, single women, and any other type of woman who isn't a rich "breeder" who cranks out kids while her husband is in grad school at Harvard. Mormons are instructed not to delay childbearing...even during professional school ...because someone at Mormon HQ did a calculation that if everyone "breeds" a few years earlier, and so does the next generation (they've got 18 grandchildren), that means there are more Mormons using exponential multiplication, and more money in church tithes from those in "good standing" with the church.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:14 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
lol, it was awhile back when I heard Chris Christie speak he got my attention. First instinct was "who is this?" But as I listened more, I loved how he tells it like it is and I like people like that and we need more people like that. More importantly I like what he has to say.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:17 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Mormons are instructed not to delay childbearing...even during professional school ...because someone at Mormon HQ did a calculation that if everyone "breeds" a few years earlier, and so does the next generation (they've got 18 grandchildren), that means there are more Mormons using exponential multiplication, and more money in church tithes from those in "good standing" with the church.
Oh for gods sake. You are seriously desperate. So shall we bring up .... nahh not in this thread. You show your ignorance and desperation.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Obama has had his chance, now he wants to talk about what Romney will not do????? OMG. We know what Obama will not do, we don't need to guess.
You know, hon, just tonight there was a program on TV indicating that homeowners in metro Las Vegas are sitting in homes that have lost 61% of their value since the peak (3 years prior to Obama). Tell me how Mitt is going to bolster the value in people's homes to their unrealistic values, just so people don't have negative equity. We have some very deep structural problems. Maybe you're not analytical enough to grasp how deep, and how global, the problems are.

Also, California holds 12% of the US population. A Republican governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger (someone who had his wife and maid simultaneously impregnated) couldn't balance the budget in almost 2 terms. I don't think Democrat Jerry Brown isn't doing too much better. However, the situation is deeply embedded because California's structural and societal problems have mushroomed.

Similarly, there are NO guarantees with the next election and what will happen thereafter. One thing we do know is that we don't need another Bush type president ... and being educated at Harvard, as are GWB and Mitt, is NOT a panacea to our deep structural problems.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:21 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I hate that kind of pandering, regardless of whether it's democrats or republicans. Oh god, now "My Girl" is playing. Barf.
But we have to read all about where and when the Obamas had their first kiss. They even put up a memorial for it. Where is the throw up avatar?

Old 08-28-2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Oh for gods sake. You are seriously desperate. So shall we bring up .... nahh not in this thread. You show your ignorance and desperation.
About what? Am I striking a chord? Ann Romney is FAR from the average American woman she proclaims to be ... as far as Antarctica is from the North Pole.

No, not desperate. Got As in statistics courses and got a mid 700s in math on the GRE. I can crunch numbers, so I can only imagine the thinking at Salt Lake City headquarters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections