Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 09:48 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
While the public and media seem obsessed with nits and appearances, we are still facing a $16 TRILLION dollar debt (UP $5 Trillion over the past 4-years); ... an continuing unemployment rate of over 8% (23 million people ... which we all know is under-reported); ... a massive healthcare plan with no corresponding plan to PAY FOR IT!; ... and an administration that only knows how to give speeches, but, after four years, has evidence no viable action or plan to lead us out of this mess!! --- But, I guess that's all a 'lie' also ... or at least GWB's fault ---- So go ahead, vote for four more years of the same!

Regardless of party affiliation, we are all Americans in desperate need of some real leadership ... in place of more politics! We don't know if Romney will actually be able to produce the leadership he seems to offer .... BUT, anyone with eyes in their head can clearly see that our current President ... doesn't have a clue!
JGH, while I agree with your post there, I will be a bit nit picky myself. I would suggest to you that the "public" is not obsessed with the nits and appearances. it is the media and the hard left that are doing this.

They are doing it because they cannot and will not talk about the very things you mention here.

Kudos to you for bringing this up!

Old 08-29-2012, 09:59 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post

In other words, yet again, "WE GOT OURS, SO THE HECK WITH EVERYONE ELSE NOT LIKE US."
Why don't you use your brain, get off your butt and get yours. You will never get rich sucking off someone else. Thats a no brainer. You all sound like a bunch of jealous and envious idiots. My god!

What do you expect, someone to hand it to you? My bad, of course you do.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:15 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Default Chris Christie Has Accomplished His Mission

There is a false narrative thread here on CD called "Obama Has Accomplished His Mission," which intends to make the argument, as weak as it is, that President Obama intended a bad economy.

Well, if that's the narrative, the same narrative is true for Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey, who after being in office for three years, as the Times states:

Quote:
Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey, in the keynote speech, angrily demanded that the American people learn the hard truths about the two parties, but like most of those at the microphone, he failed to supply any. He said his state needed his austere discipline of slashed budgets, canceled public projects and broken public unions, but did not mention that New Jersey now has a higher unemployment rate than when he took over, and never had the revenue boom he promised from tax cuts.
Or is it IOKIYAR?

Old 08-29-2012, 10:18 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
There is a false narrative thread here on CD called "Obama Has Accomplished His Mission," which intends to make the argument, as weak as it is, that President Obama intended a bad economy.

Well, if that's the narrative, the same narrative is true for Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey, who after being in office for three years, as the Times states:

Or is it IOKIYAR?

What is hilarious is the same statements that Obama makes about progress and the economy and how he inherited the mess, Christie says the SAME THING IN NJ...Christie had a saying a while back "NJ is on the come back", he no longer says that. Unemployement has increased, deficit has increased, spending has NOT been reduced. Christie continues to forgoe pension payments to pay down the debt and this is the guy who is the rising star of the GOP. They really need to look at Christies record.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:24 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
What is hilarious is the same statements that Obama makes about progress and the economy and how he inherited the mess, Christie says the SAME THING IN NJ...Christie had a saying a while back "NJ is on the come back", he no longer says that. Unemployement has increased, deficit has increased, spending has NOT been reduced. Christie continues to forgoe pension payments to pay down the debt and this is the guy who is the rising star of the GOP. They really need to look at Christies record.
Forgoing pension payments? I am shocked, shocked I tell you! The GOP kicking the can down the road? Who wudda thunk?

Old 08-29-2012, 10:24 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
To be fair it is not clear that they were shouting down this individual woman because she was from Puerto Rico or that their shouts were directed towards her or had anything to do with her.

I have been in crowds were someone starts chanting and others join in. I don't know why they were shouting, but it is difficult from that video clip to discern if it had anything to do with the woman from Puerto Rico.
All you have to do is see that its a Ron Paul video to know what was really going on.

"delegates where told by the RNC(GOP establishment) to chant USA to drown out the Grassroots delegates who were upset about the power grab. This woman was apparently caught in the crossfire."

Old 08-29-2012, 10:29 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
This is the USA, not Purto Rico!

Kick them out of the voting process! They are not a State of the Union!

This has to do with national sovereignty and nothing to do with race.

The libs want nationalities, to be races now? They did it with Mexican now they want to do it with Purto Ricans.
It seems that this wasn't true, yet your justifying it?

seriously - even if you don't want Puerto Rico (a Territory of the US and Citizens of the US) to have a vote. . shouldn't ethics, not justification, be your guidance?

I know it isn't true, and PR wasn't booed. . .but why would you want to justify a very unethical item? Booing them?

Old 08-29-2012, 10:32 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Why don't you use your brain, get off your butt and get yours. You will never get rich sucking off someone else. Thats a no brainer. You all sound like a bunch of jealous and envious idiots. My god!

What do you expect, someone to hand it to you? My bad, of course you do.
And they don't talk about the Obamas wealth. Why? Just because the Romney's are richer doesn't change the fact that the Obamas are rich. And I'd say Romney did far more to earn his. He didn't get a position made up for him like Michele did, a six figure one that was just made up and not needed

Old 08-29-2012, 10:33 AM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
It truly depends on who you talk to, and the time of day.

George Zimmerman, a mixed race hispanic, was "White", while the media was telling everyone he shot an unarmed teenager.
A true American is one who respects the laws of this country and doesn't think their group is special or above our laws regardless of what their racial or ethnic background is. A true American is a citizen of this country whether born here or naturalized here. The 14th Amendment however needs to be re-visited as to what was meant by the writers in regards to birthright citizenship and whether or not their parents were required to be here legally.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:33 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,103,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post

Chaos On The GOP Convention Floor - YouTube

Yes, this is a sure fire way to garner the hispanic vote.
Mods, this poster continuously uses lies and deception to make posts. Isn't blatant propaganda against the TOS? If not an outright banning, surely a suspension is worthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections