Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 08:40 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post

Chaos On The GOP Convention Floor - YouTube
Yes, this is a sure fire way to garner the hispanic vote.
Please explain why you were compelled to lie?

Old 08-29-2012, 08:41 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
This is the USA, not Purto Rico!

Kick them out of the voting process! They are not a State of the Union!

This has to do with national sovereignty and nothing to do with race.

The libs want nationalities, to be races now? They did it with Mexican now they want to do it with Purto Ricans.
You do realize that Puerto Ricans are US citizens?

Old 08-29-2012, 08:44 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
You do realize that Puerto Ricans are US citizens?
According to some idiots, Hispanics are not true Americans

Old 08-29-2012, 08:47 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,497,657 times
Default On RNC Opening Night, Republicans Dare to Build a Lie

I listened to or watched several hours of the Republican National Convention last evening. In the Esquire Magazine political blog this morning Charles Pierce, writing from Tampa, offered his review of yesterday's convention events. I think his comments probably most accurately describe my feelings as I listened to the speakers. The theme of the evening - a huge investment in time and energy - was to highlight the false claims of the GOP that the President said something he didn't say ... the "Build it" (who did, who didn't, who said what, who didn't say it) theme. Here's a portion of what Pierce wrote:

Quote:
It was an entire evening based on a demonstrable lie. It was an entire evening based on demonstrable lies told in service to the overriding demonstrable lie. And there was only one real story for actual journalists to tell at the end of it.

The Republicans simply don't care.

They don't care that they lie. They don't care that their lies are obvious. They don't care that their lies wouldn't fool an underpaid substitute Social Studies teacher in a public middle school, who would then probably go out one night and get yelled at by Chris Christie. ("They believe in teacher's unions. We believe in teachers," he said in his speech. Yeah, you just don't believe in paying them.) They don't care that their history is a lie and that, by spreading it, they devalue the actual history of the country, which is something that belongs to us.
Here's a link to Charles Pierce's commentary, if you care to read more:

RNC Tampa Night 1 - The Demonstrable Lie, Demonstrated: RNC's 1st Night - Esquire

Old 08-29-2012, 08:55 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
that reporter is the liar. I watched last night and the speakers were dead on.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:56 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,252,674 times
I have yet to see any IDEAS from the Republicans. It seems the entire campaign is being built around a falsely distorted statement taken out of context and a lie about exemptions given to states to allow local decision-making in application of public assistance laws.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:00 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
According to some idiots, Hispanics are not true Americans
which 'idiots' make this claim?

Old 08-29-2012, 09:03 AM

756 posts, read 714,698 times
Actually caught a few of the main speakers at the RNC Amateur Hour last night

For a stepford wife, I thought Ann did a nice job. Clearly a lovely woman who is devoted to her husband

That said, we still need to see hubby's BACK TAX RETURNS, Ann.

Your father-in-law is up there somewhere shaking his head in DISGUST over the way you and hubby have been STONEWALLING the American people on this issue.

As you know, there is WIDESPREAD speculation that your shady husband did indeed seek and accept AMNESTY from the IRS back in '09 in order to avoid PROSECUTION for FELONIOUS tax fraud.

It's hurting you guys, Ann...

Gotta admit I like Christie.

My parents own a vacation home on the South Jersey shore. Spent two GREAT summers there working as a lifeguard when I was in college ... in addition to many long weekends over the years.

I can relate to Christie ... just like his style

Glad he's not part of Shady Mitt's ticket. Would've made it a lil harder to bash the elitist, tax-dodging vulture

That said, too bad Chris is a con...

By the way, anyone know which swing state Santorum will be casting his ballot for Obama ... in PA or in VA?

Probably not a guy in the country who wants to see Shady Mitt get stuffed more than that guy...

Old 08-29-2012, 09:05 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
Ann Romney....."Mitt makes me laugh".

Mrs Romney, on this statement I agree with you 100%
The fact that after years and years of running for president and at this late stage in the game, Romney has to shove his wife out there to convince people that is is not a robotic tool of the privileged means that the public already has figured it out: Romney is a robotic tool of the privileged. Sweet nothingness from his wife is not going to change anyone's mind.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:08 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,461,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
This should be its own thread to bring attention to kind of people that republicans are.
It's tempting, but in fairness I doubt that all Republicans are like that, even though they've sure been providing a nice cozy little "home" for their more, um, "pathological" extremists these days (kinda like the chaos in Aghanistan became a breeding ground for muslim extremists & the Taliban)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections