Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 09:09 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post

Chaos On The GOP Convention Floor - YouTube

Yes, this is a sure fire way to garner the hispanic vote.
Seriously? Either you have a severe comprehension problem, or your another Soros plant, attempting to spread more lies. I guess if you keep telling lies, you will get SOMEONE to believe them. Most people here are too smart, even the one I disagree with!

Old 08-29-2012, 09:10 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,381,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
And what did they say about Obama when he ran for office:

Hope & Change... he offered hope.

Where's the hope now?
Does the "Comeback Team" offer a guarantee?

Shyt under a different name still smells the same.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:13 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
According to some idiots, Hispanics are not true Americans
It truly depends on who you talk to, and the time of day.

George Zimmerman, a mixed race hispanic, was "White", while the media was telling everyone he shot an unarmed teenager.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:20 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,497,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
that reporter is the liar. I watched last night and the speakers were dead on.
From the same article, linked in my OP:

Quote:
It was an entire evening based on a demonstrable lie, and it was topped off by a demonstrable liar named Chris Christie, who talked about how the president can't lead, and that nobody wants to tell the Americans the truth of the sacrifices we have to share, and talked about "politicians who pander" at a convention that is preparing to nominate Willard Romney, which was the final hilarious lie of the night, since Romney hasn't stopped pandering since he walked down the steps of the Massachusetts State House in 2006.

Very much on-point.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:24 AM

1,695 posts, read 3,045,971 times
It was an interesting evening.
On Network TV we first heard Ann Romney extol the virtues of the John & Abigail Adams Scholarships, that WAIVED TUITION for the top 25% of HS grads in the State of Mass, regardless of need. Funded, of course, by the State of Mass.

Then we heard Gov Christie extol the virtues of the GI Bill, and how, because of that government fundong, his father was able to go to College.
And Christie, correctly, pointed out that we have to start saying "NO" more often, and ALL have to sacrifice.

BUT not broadcast on the networks was the rest of the evening, and the parts of the republican platform that directly conflict with the wonderful things Romney & Christie said. Cut this program. Cut that program. Can't afford college? - ask your parents or shop around. Lower taxes for the wealthy, so they don't have to sacrifice, but the heck with the poor & the middle class.

In other words, yet again, "WE GOT OURS, SO THE HECK WITH EVERYONE ELSE NOT LIKE US."

Old 08-29-2012, 09:26 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Liar Liar pants on fire. Really OP? Oh boo frigging hoo. The only LIE that was perped on the American People happen on January 20th 2009. That will soon be rectified.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:27 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,768 times

2012 RNC Ted Cruz - YouTube

Mayor Mia Love - YouTube

http://bit.ly/SSZNuM

Artur Davis speech (former Obama backer)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WKJ_SUV_ek&

Old 08-29-2012, 09:29 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
The GOP does lie, repeatedly. But, they're not lying to those who are going to vote for Obama. Just as they've done since before he took office, they're lying to THEIR OWN SUPPORTERS!

It's one thing for a politician or party to lie to get your vote. But, to lie when they already have your vote is something entirely different. I can't imagine why the GOP's supporters aren't upset about it. I sure would be and I'd have to wonder just what the hell they're lying to me for.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:34 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
From the same article, linked in my OP:

Very much on-point.
Very much a lie you mean and clearly disrespectful for a "journalist" to call Mitt "Willard".

4 years ago it was racist to use a mans name in a way he didnt want it used.

Christy has been more forthright that most politicians and your insult cannot undo the facts.

Obama is the liar.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:44 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,841,188 times
While the public and media seem obsessed with nits and appearances, we are still facing a $16 TRILLION dollar debt (UP $5 Trillion over the past 4-years); ... a continuing unemployment rate of over 8% (23 million people ... which we all know is under-reported); ... a massive healthcare plan with no corresponding plan to PAY FOR IT!; ... a housing market that has driven the country and individuals into a full blown depression condition; and an administration that only knows how to give speeches, but, after four years, has evidenced no viable action or plan to lead us out of this mess!! --- But, I guess that's all a 'lie' also ... or at least GWB's fault ---- So go ahead, vote for four more years of the same!

Regardless of party affiliation, we are all Americans in desperate need of some real leadership ... in place of more politics! We don't know if Romney will actually be able to produce the leadership he seems to offer .... BUT, anyone with eyes in their head can clearly see that our current President ... after 4-years, still doesn't seem to have a clue about a real solution! Enough is enough!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections