Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2012, 06:57 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
http://www.google.com/url?url=http:/...x4UoB4ZsEd_zsw

Strong TV ratings always coincide with a strong bounce in the polls. A bad omen for the GOP ticket?
Rachel Maddow did a very interesting segment about this...

Quote:
Maddow said that the timing of Eastwood’s speech was not good for the GOP, because they needed the “maximum political impact” from Romney’s speech last night, and it was completely eclipsed by Eastwood’s confusing rambling. She pointed out that the broadcast networks planned in advance to only air the final hour of the convention speeches, starting at 10 PM, in primetime, meaning that the Republicans deliberately chose which speeches would get the most attention, which included Eastwood last night.

The biographical Romney video that debuted last night aired before 10 PM, in contrast to how conventions have released such videos in election years past. Maddow said the video was well-done, but most people who tuned in did not get to see it. And, she added, the Republicans clearly thought Eastwood’s speech would be completely worth cutting the video from the primetime hour.

Maddow called out the Romney campaign for its unbelievable decision to let Eastwood do his shtick.
Video here...

Rachel Maddow: Clint Eastwood’s RNC Speech Was ‘A Political Disaster’ For The GOP | Mediaite
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 07:01 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Maybe he was having a bad hair day
LMAO

Old 09-01-2012, 07:26 PM

26,586 posts, read 14,454,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I know that sometimes, days get blurry, and you don't really understand....

But the convention has been over for at least a day....
yes, and still trump has made zero effort to announce his "amazing" discovery.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:39 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,582,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I'm going with D) stupid.

Example:

How quickly they forget that Dems were 100% in control for OBoy's first 2 years.
Another great big freakin lie. What is it about the RWNJ's that makes them think they can just bald faced lie and not get called on it? And then because there are generally so lacking in intellegence the rest of the RWNJ's hear a lie and then personally take ownership of it as their truth. Just crazy crazy.

Such a humongous crop of serial liars I have never had the misfortune of being exposed to in my entire life. I just get so freakin sick of mentally incompetent idiots repeating lie after lie after lie.

This particular lie is just so stupid it makes my teeth ache.

The facts of the matter are there for the record. Just one little mouse click away yet millions of dingbats can't seem to be able to do even that.

The period of time the Democrats had the filibuster proof Senate was between the seating of Senator Franken and the death of Senator Kennedy. From July 7th 2009 to August 25th 2009. Now that is surely the shortest 2 years there ever has been. 7 weeks in FACT!!!!!

In the house it's even worse. The democrats NEVER had a super majority for even one freakin day. At the start of the Congress the numbers were Dems. 257 to Rep. 178. Now I know the RWNJ's are challenged so let me figure that out for you. That equals 59% dems.

Do you think that a political party that Lies and lies and lies and just NEVER tells the truth deserves to be in power , running the government? It's a bit liike getting married to a serial adulterer and expecting fidelity.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:54 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Maybe he was having a bad hair day
Every day is a bad hair day for the Donald. I imagine most of his life is like his hair.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:05 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
yes, and still trump has made zero effort to announce his "amazing" discovery.

The "amazing" discovery has done exactly what it was supposed to do...

F'ing with lefties minds...which you have very well proven.....

Old 09-01-2012, 08:11 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Oh yes, the bible says if you feed on garbage you will spew garbage... out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks..

MSNBC is a garbage network.
This brand of Christianity is really, really scary.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:21 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
But he isn't an American. Obama isn't an American, how could he be?

Even if he was born in Hawaii he still isn't an American citizen.

He grew up in Kenya and Indonesia. Never once did he attend 4th of July fireworks, honor the nations dead on Memorial Day or enjoy a Thanksgiving Day feast. Obama is the quintessential anti-American doing everything he can to destroy this country.
You really need to educate yourself on the facts. Obama NEVER lived in Kenya, why would he have? His parents separated when he was about two, and divorced thereafter. His father moved to Massachusetts, to go to school at Harvard. From the ages of 6-10 he lived in Indonesia, where his stepfather was a native. He was sent back to the US to live with his grandparents b/c his mom wanted him to get an American education. I'm sure he's been to many 4th of July fireworks, honored many of the nation's dead on many Memorial Days, and had many a Thanksgiving feast.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:35 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
I think Romney meant someone that adheres to traditional American values.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:37 PM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times
could of been a nod to american values but it was also vague enough to be a nod to the birthers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections