Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2012, 08:45 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
You need to re direct this thread to the "Immigration" forum where your Xenophobic rants will be appreciated.
Why? Did you not read the title of this topic? Where in the topic does it say anything about illegal immigration? Xenophobic rants? You can stick your race card pulling where the sun don't shine also and join the other race card pullers on my ignore list. It is all you ethnocentrics have is the race card.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 08:53 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
yes, and still trump has made zero effort to announce his "amazing" discovery.

He's waiting until the day before the election.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:56 AM

957 posts, read 758,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
They know that they are lying and they know that we know that they know, but they are targeting low information voters with any means possible. They have taken lying to a level of absurdity...an art form. Many supporters also know they are lying, but they simply do not care.
That's so true. Not only that, but they don't even like Mittens. They just want anyone but Obama & Mittens happened to outlast the rest of the clowns.
As a result of all their lies, it brings into question the authenticity of Mittens claim that his father gave his mother a rose everyday during their 64 years of marriage.
I would imagine had Barack Obama's parents been married a long time & he made such a claim, the wingnuts would be demanding that he supply proof.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:57 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
it doesn't take much to wrap your head around the concept that the man spouts unsubstantiated BS.
Great job on describing your posts...

Old 09-02-2012, 09:41 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
They know that they are lying and they know that we know that they know, but they are targeting low information voters with any means possible. They have taken lying to a level of absurdity...an art form. Many supporters also know they are lying, but they simply do not care.
Sorry but I've got to copy this and paste it in the upcoming thread on the Democratic Convention. I do believe it's an accurate description of Obama's campaign.

I assume you've not copyrighted the phrase.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:32 AM

414 posts, read 344,894 times
Quote:
romney's quote:

"Tonight, that American flag is still there on the moon. And I don't doubt for a second that Neil Armstrong's spirit is still with us — that unique blend of optimism, humility and the utter confidence that, when the world needs someone to do the really big stuff, you need an American."

in a bizarre twist to this topic the OP recently started a thread praising wernher von braun and "nazi intelligence" as the main reason behind the success of the apollo missions.
It's true. We would have never made it to the moon if it weren't for marvelous Nazi technology invented by Dr Braun.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:45 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
As a result of all their lies, it brings into question the authenticity of Mittens claim that his father gave his mother a rose everyday during their 64 years of marriage.
I wondered about that, too.

After all, he also said this:

Quote:
Infamously back in 2008, when running for the GOP nomination, Romney insisted that he and/or his father, former Michigan Gov. George Romney, marched shoulder to shoulder with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Romney said in a 1978 interview with the Boston Herald, “My father and I marched with Martin Luther King Jr. through the streets of Detroit.” It’s a claim that he continued to make over the years, most notably during a 2007 interview on Meet the Press with the late Tim Russert.
Mitt Romney's Martin Luther King problem: Will the candidate's MLK tall tales come back to haunt him? | theGrio

Quote:
I would imagine had Barack Obama's parents been married a long time & he made such a claim, the wingnuts would be demanding that he supply proof.
Yes, they would demand to see the original receipt from every florist those roses were bought from - in long form.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:46 AM

26,586 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
It's true. We would have never made it to the moon if it weren't for marvelous Nazi technology invented by Dr Braun.
so you believe romney should have said:

"....when the world needs someone to do the really big stuff, you need a nazi."

???

Old 09-02-2012, 10:49 AM

26,586 posts, read 14,449,955 times
that was just a bizarre merging of threads imo.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:50 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Point out just one thing in my post that equates to hate or racism. English is our defacto national language, period! Spanish never was! I see I have a couple more for my ignore list. You start throwing out the race/hate card for no good reason and I am done with you!
We do not have an official language in our country no matter how much you think we do. I know you hate people who speak Spanish and wish they would "just go back to their country" but there isn't anything wrong with a politician trying to address the Hispanic vote through Spanish, which is their first language, not their second language like English. Also why aren't they talking to others in other languages? Simple, Spanish speaking people are the people who are growing in population in this country and if you are visiting an area that speaks Spanish for their first language, it would be dumb to pass over those voters because they speak a different language than you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections