Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2012, 07:13 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Are you sitting in the corner holding your breath? Have you turned blue yet? God, I sure hope so.
Why didn't you just address the remarks in my post instead of throwing out a childish insult? Too much truth for ya?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Well I can't make you understand that some people care deeply for their families and would do anything to help them succeed. Your indifference toward yours would be considered unusual for most people so there's not much else I can add.
I understand that but you and yours seem to think that it is ok to hurt American families to take care of your own. What about that indifference by the illegal invaders? Civil human beings obey laws and don't break them when it hurts others. What part of that aren't you and yours getting? It is just plain selfish on their part. Most Mexicans in particular aren't starving and their unemployment is much lower than ours. Yet they come over here and steal jobs and taxes from Americans. Yet they are held in admiration by you and yours? I guess American families don't count though, right?

Last edited by Oldglory; 09-02-2012 at 07:29 AM..

Old 09-02-2012, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Arresmillao View Post
I think your post is more appropriate for the racist (illegal immigration forum), where people high-five each other with their monolithic talking points, do you realize that spanish has been spoken in us territory for one hundred years more than english? Stereotyping people always conveys a high degree of ignorance, people that are full of hate as you appear to be, usually have a significant degree of frustration with their lives, my advice is focus on the positive things and be happy, life is short, and hate is a poison that prevents you from enjoying it...
Point out just one thing in my post that equates to hate or racism. English is our defacto national language, period! Spanish never was! I see I have a couple more for my ignore list. You start throwing out the race/hate card for no good reason and I am done with you!

Old 09-02-2012, 07:24 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
TEA PARTY. I guess the GOP has figured out that the Tea Party is down right unpopular so they have chosen to distance themselves from TP.

Major Republican Speakers Avoid Two Words: "Tea Party"
The TParty has been assimilated. They are now the same as the rest of GOP and most Dems, owned and beholding to their handlers(special interests).

Old 09-02-2012, 07:34 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,207,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The TParty has been assimilated. They are now the same as the rest of GOP and most Dems, owned and beholding to their handlers(special interests).
I agree. Actually, my perspective is that they're battling it out for power with the neo cons, and that the tea party/evangelical right is winning as the dominant end of the party base--they ARE the republican party now. The Ryan pick was the strongest indicator that Romney and his advisers thought he had to take a very far right, extremist turn to win the base. The platform reflects that shift as well. My big concern is that as a common sense conservative, there's nothing conservative about their platform. It's all about huge, intrusive government on social issues, and virtually no government and radical change on economic and budget issues. As a moderate, there's almost nothing there that I can support.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:40 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
TEA PARTY. I guess the GOP has figured out that the Tea Party is down right unpopular so they have chosen to distance themselves from TP.

Major Republican Speakers Avoid Two Words: "Tea Party"
Your comment is very funny, in light of the fact that at least three major speeches were made by Tea Party candidates, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, and Chris Christie. There may have been others, but those are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

Missed in the MSNBC coverage was a speech by former Obama 2008 Campaign Co-chair, and the man that seconded his nomination for President, Artur Davis. Also missed was the very excellent speech by Mia Love, Mayor of Saratoga Springs, Utah.

I'm sure these were just oversights. Or perhaps they did not want their viewers to here speeches by Republican minorities, lest they destroy the notion that the Republican Party is "racist?
"

Old 09-02-2012, 07:45 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
There is no need to mention the Tea Party at the convention - pretty much every Tea Party member is more than likely a Republican anyway. So, there would be no point.
They didn't have to mention the Tea Party, because they were there to speak, and they gave excellent speeches, all of them. Three of them, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Chris Christy come to mind right off.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:17 AM

395 posts, read 458,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Jokes at the expense of the mentally-disabled. Keep it classy, Romney voters!

Classy? You mean like when Obama made a joke about the Special Olympics when referring to his bowling ability on the Jay Leno show Helene? Was that classy enough for you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HOBTUCv4o0

If Barack Obama were as good a president as his minions claim he is and Romney was as bad as the Obama minions say he is you'd think Obama, as the incumbent, would have a comfortable lead in all of the polls right now. But he doesn't. Nearly all the major polls show a two point race with either Romney or Obama on top. It's basically a statistical dead heat. That combined with the fact that many of these polls have been proven to be oversampling Democrats surely does not bode for Obama as the incumbent.

Last edited by db77; 09-02-2012 at 08:35 AM..

Old 09-02-2012, 08:35 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,568,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I understand that but you and yours seem to think that it is ok to hurt American families to take care of your own. What about that indifference by the illegal invaders? Civil human beings obey laws and don't break them when it hurts others. What part of that aren't you and yours getting? It is just plain selfish on their part. Most Mexicans in particular aren't starving and their unemployment is much lower than ours. Yet they come over here and steal jobs and taxes from Americans. Yet they are held in admiration by you and yours? I guess American families don't count though, right?
You need to re direct this thread to the "Immigration" forum where your Xenophobic rants will be appreciated.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:42 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
This bump will be short-lived once people find out that Mr. Romney has a secret plan, to wit: should he win the presidency he will, via executive order, mandate that every American donate 10 percent of his or her income (excepting capital gains) to churches.

Indeed, 5 percent of said amount MUST go to the Mormon church, while the other 5 percent may go to house of worship of the person's choice.

It is true because you just read it on the Internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections