Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2012, 11:10 PM

288 posts, read 212,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
And just why do they want others to learn Spanish? Aren't we an English speaking country? What about Chinese-Americans and other ethnic groups in this country, don't they count? If Spanish is here to stay it is only because our idiot government has allowed so many from south of our border to come here illegally and legally and Hispanics in general refuse to assimiate out in mainstream America. If Hispanics are going to be the game changers politically I fear for this country because they are ruled by tribalism and ethnocentricism. Most have already shown they have no respect for our immigration laws by making demands for their illegal counterparts. Just what have the Republicans done to alienate Hispanics? You mean like wanting our immigration laws respected and enforced ? Well, of all the nerve!
I think your post is more appropriate for the racist (illegal immigration forum), where people high-five each other with their monolithic talking points, do you realize that spanish has been spoken in us territory for one hundred years more than english? Stereotyping people always conveys a high degree of ignorance, people that are full of hate as you appear to be, usually have a significant degree of frustration with their lives, my advice is focus on the positive things and be happy, life is short, and hate is a poison that prevents you from enjoying it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 11:19 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Another great big freakin lie. What is it about the RWNJ's that makes them think they can just bald faced lie and not get called on it? And then because there are generally so lacking in intellegence the rest of the RWNJ's hear a lie and then personally take ownership of it as their truth. Just crazy crazy.

Such a humongous crop of serial liars I have never had the misfortune of being exposed to in my entire life. I just get so freakin sick of mentally incompetent idiots repeating lie after lie after lie.

This particular lie is just so stupid it makes my teeth ache.

The facts of the matter are there for the record. Just one little mouse click away yet millions of dingbats can't seem to be able to do even that.

The period of time the Democrats had the filibuster proof Senate was between the seating of Senator Franken and the death of Senator Kennedy. From July 7th 2009 to August 25th 2009. Now that is surely the shortest 2 years there ever has been. 7 weeks in FACT!!!!!

In the house it's even worse. The democrats NEVER had a super majority for even one freakin day. At the start of the Congress the numbers were Dems. 257 to Rep. 178. Now I know the RWNJ's are challenged so let me figure that out for you. That equals 59% dems.

Do you think that a political party that Lies and lies and lies and just NEVER tells the truth deserves to be in power , running the government? It's a bit liike getting married to a serial adulterer and expecting fidelity.
They know that they are lying and they know that we know that they know, but they are targeting low information voters with any means possible. They have taken lying to a level of absurdity...an art form. Many supporters also know they are lying, but they simply do not care.

Old 09-01-2012, 11:27 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh, so now you are going to throw out the skin color card? I couldn't care less what someone's skin color is. What's next the race card? So what a politican has to do to woo over Hispanics is to talk Spanish to them? Kind of a lame and arrogant, isn't it? What about the issues, don't they count and they can't be discussed in English? You know, the langauge of this country and that most Hispanic-Americans can speak? Where did I express any hatred for Hispanics? Fear mongering? WTH are you talking about? No, I would not enjoy LEGAL Hispanics being arrested for nothing. I have no problem with law abiding Hispanics. Oh, here comes the Nazi card now. Typical! Enjoy your nice race baiting life as I am done with your crap. Welcome to my ignore list!
Are you sitting in the corner holding your breath? Have you turned blue yet? God, I sure hope so.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:30 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
-radical evangelical christian extremists pretending to be conservatives.
So, Please describe what is your definition of a radical evangelical Christian? (w/a Cap 'C')

You sure seem to a problem w/ Christians?

Old 09-02-2012, 02:37 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
And a man who cheated on his wife, while in the White House and was disbarred is speaking at the DNC Convention. I think we both know which is worse.

That all makes him someone to idolize by the Democrats...lol. He is their hero...te more immoral, the better!

Old 09-02-2012, 04:36 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
So, Please describe what is your definition of a radical evangelical Christian? (w/a Cap 'C')

All fundamentalists are interchangable regardless of religious persuasion.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:39 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Which is true, Paul was the "real" tea party, the baggers today are nothing but a bunch of radical right wing extremists.
And see, posts like this are really uncalled for. The fact that CD mods repeatedly allow the pejorative "tea baggers" to be used in these forums bit immediately lock and close conservative thread just shows the juvenile mindset of Libs.

Two words not mentioned at the RNC: Sandra Fluke

Old 09-02-2012, 06:45 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
They know that they are lying and they know that we know that they know, but they are targeting low information voters with any means possible. They have taken lying to a level of absurdity...an art form. Many supporters also know they are lying, but they simply do not care.
Succinctly and correctly stated.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:57 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post

You sure seem to assume a lot without anything to back it up. The capitalization was a typo.

I'm a Sunday School teacher--I have been for nearly 20 years--and my husband is on our church board. I'm a mainline protestant and a devout christian. The people I have a problem with are the ones who believe everyone who isn't an evangelical is going to burn in hell, and that it's their job to enact policy that makes the rest of the country live by evangelical religious beliefs. I think the best way to protect faith is to maintain the separation of church and state, because the alternative--a theocracy--forces everyone to abide by the religious beliefs of a few. I'm fine with other people being evangelical christians--I respect their right to believe what they believe--but it's not what I believe--I don't think their Jesus is even acquainted with the one most mainline protestants know--and I shouldn't have to practice their beliefs, or have them imposed on me through policy. Their approach is very radical.

Mark 12:17--And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marveled at him.

Last edited by mb1547; 09-02-2012 at 07:09 AM..

Old 09-02-2012, 07:11 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
That all makes him someone to idolize by the Democrats...lol. He is their hero...te more immoral, the better!
what about the republicans that idolize trump? both men went thru some high-profile infidelity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections