Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 04:41 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,514,971 times

Advertisements

President Obama, release this beer recipe - ComPost - The Washington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 04:42 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,216,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
His underwear? Really?

No, I don't think they should bring it up. It's not quite as petty as talking about Romney's underwear, but I don't think it is relevant. I think the pics of him drinking and buying people beers speak enough. Some people will think, "Hey, cool. He is the average guy. He is just like me so I will vote for him". But, there are a lot of people in America that still think alcohol is a sin and others that might just be turned off by the idea of a President out and about drinking. I personally don't care if he drinks, but I don't think he is being a very good role model for kids by displaying it so much. Kind of tacky.
I thought Dubya was voted presidential candidate you'd most like to go out and have a beer with? This whole discussion is silly. Most people have an occasional drink and don't drink to get drunk.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:47 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,466,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Wow, have you never looked at his eyes during a press conference. Yes, he drinks. It is pretty obvious to anyone who has been in a home with an alcoholic. He's also admitted to being a user of illegal drugs not only before he was out of high school but also throughout college. We have no way of knowing if he still does. However, Obama's base doesn't care just as they didn't care about Clinton's brother mentioning Bill's alleged cocaine use while in the White House. Wasn't the remark something along the lines of "his nose was like a vacuum cleaner"?

This is how far the office of the President has been degraded. A nation of drug addled minds approve of a drug addled POTUS. Sad really. It is no wonder this country is in such moral decline.
How ridiculous. You have no earthly basis from any type of evidence for branding him an alcoholic or a drug addict. The fact that you would stoop so low to produce such a vile smear shows just what bitter partisanship can do to a person. You can be critical of the President without resorting to delusional attacks.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:47 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,265,477 times
if i were president, I would have a dram of macallan 18 and a joint of the finest kush at 6pm sharp everyday.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:49 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,826,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
How ridiculous. You have no earthly basis from any type of evidence for branding him an alcoholic or a drug addict. The fact that you would stoop so low to produce such a vile smear shows just what bitter partisanship can do to a person. You can be critical of the President without resorting to delusional attacks.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:58 PM

197 posts, read 213,277 times
Mormon is a faith? Have you ever read the preposterous stuff they believe (or claim to).

Yes, they do wear magic underwear. Embedded with masonic emblems. Believe they (the guys anyway) will each have their own planet to live on and rule over after death. That Jesus emigrated and lived in the mid-west (north America). And it gets worse.

No juvenile jabs in mentioning some of this stuff.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:01 PM

30,093 posts, read 18,704,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
Has anyone ever seen a president drink as much as he does? Could this be point out that Romney doesn't?
I think he would be a much better president if he was falling down drunk. He needs to drink more.

Churchill was a drinker and saved his nation.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,924,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khsoj View Post
Mormon is a faith? Have you ever read the preposterous stuff they believe (or claim to).

Yes, they do wear magic underwear. Embedded with masonic emblems. Believe they (the guys anyway) will each have their own planet to live on and rule over after death. That Jesus emigrated and lived in the mid-west (north America). And it gets worse.

No juvenile jabs in mentioning some of this stuff.
Not to mention that the very basis of the Mormon cult involves a story about a con man named Joseph Smith that found some gold plates buried in upstate NY that he translated through the use of magical seer stones and a tophat. I would say it is a tossup between Mormons and Scientologists as to who is willing to believe the most stupid crap ever.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:06 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,975,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Look who's talking! BTW, isn't MO like the frickin' meth capital of the universe...?!

Missouri again leads nation in meth lab 'incidents' - Columbia Missourian
What about who is talking? As a citizen and a taxpayer am I not permitted to be concerned about having a sober POTUS and Commander-in-Chief?

Why so deperate to deflect from the thread topic?

Old 08-24-2012, 05:07 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,745,809 times
I cant stand Obunghole but If I were POTUS I'd have a damn good reason to get plastered every night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections