Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 12:48 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
The only black people I saw in the audience was condi rice and davis speaking. Republican Party - The most inclusive party EVER!
all i saw were old white males. watch the dnc convention next week, you'll see the future of this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 12:48 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Sure, it could.

My turn, 75% of all black children are born out of wedlock, could the lack of a father figure in over have something to do with it?
And when you apply for a job, the potential employer asks you about the father figures in your life?

Old 08-29-2012, 12:58 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
all i saw were old white males. watch the dnc convention next week, you'll see the future of this country.
Hmm, really? A quick google images search says you are wrong:

Besides the family of Romney, I see plenty of young people, Asian people, even women...oh and god forbid..."brown people" good try though. Sure there are plenty of white people, but lets try to be a little more honest instead of just feeding a stereotype that you so desperately want to be true.

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Yes, or no, is Mia Love the Republican congressional nominee? Neo Progs HATE black conservatives. You really HATE Mia Love, don't you? Do you, like the Democrat Party, think that all black people should act, vote and think alike? Shame, shame, shame.
Lol, I clearly wrote that she won the nomination, just not with very many votes. So why are you asking me a question I already know based on saying she won the nomination? It is odd.

In terms of how hating black conservatives or wanting black people to blah, blah, blah.

All you have to do is look and compare the number of Democratic black elected officials to the number of Republicans. That says all that one needs to say about who thinks who is capable or not.

See the Democratic party nominates and gets elects far far far more black politicians than Republicans.

I know in your mind that means the Democratic party thinks black people are blah, blah, blah, but to sane people nominating and electing people means you don't think very negatively of their racial group.

The Republican party has tokens. There are dozens of black mayors who are Democrats. Some of them are the mayors of some of the largest cites in the nation.
These black elected Democratic mayors received 10's of THOUSANDS of votes not 861 like Mia Love(you do know that Mia isn't her given first name).

And few of them are considered stars. Most are completely unknown despite being mayors of very large American cities.

Let's see there are the mayors of Detroit, Washington DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Columbus, Jacksonville, Memphis, Charlotte, Atlanta, Buffalo, Kansas City, Cleveland, Durham, Richmond, Shreveport, Baton Rogue, Cinncinati, Birmingham, Jackson, Sacramento, Newark, Denver, Alexandria, and many, many more.

With the exception of the Mayor of Newark and maybe Philadelphia, none of these mayors are considered stars. They are completely unremarkable, because there are dozens and dozens of elected black mayors who are Democrats.

The Republicans are so full of fail at fielding and electing black candidates that they are trying to highlight a woman who won an election in a town of 18,000 people because she is black. That is pandering, that is thinking little of black people.

I wish Mia Love all the best.

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Did those people ever get identified? Normally someone comes out with some personal details of the offenders by now.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:05 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Agreed, but all you have to do is read the different threads here on CD to see all of the hate coming from you leftwing commie moonbats......
A prime example of the depth of rightwing participation in the topic..

As for picking on a Black camera woman? from what i was seeing she must have been one of the few black people in the whole arena..

Last edited by jambo101; 08-29-2012 at 01:14 PM..

Old 08-29-2012, 01:07 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,929,460 times
This whole thing is false. I'm a moderate Dem and this whole notion that people at the convention chanted USA, USA when the Latina spoke is bs. They weren't chanting USA at the women, they were chanting USA to drown out the Ron Paul folks. The vast majority of Republicans would not be so rude to the women. Even the person throwing the peanuts doesn't sound like a rational person. And the response by the convention folks speaks volumes. No need to demonize people just cause we disagree politically.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:09 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Isn't the republican love just so wonderful?

Republican National Convention attendee given boot for racially taunting black CNN camerawoman - NY Daily News

[LEFT]"An attendee at the Republican National Convention was given the boot Tuesday for racially taunting a black CNN camerawoman, an incident the news network confirmed after it was reported on Twitter."
[/LEFT]
Sounds like a Democratic operative trying to stir up trouble - or an OWS protestor.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:11 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Isn't the republican love just so wonderful?

Republican National Convention attendee given boot for racially taunting black CNN camerawoman - NY Daily News

[LEFT]"An attendee at the Republican National Convention was given the boot Tuesday for racially taunting a black CNN camerawoman, an incident the news network confirmed after it was reported on Twitter."
[/LEFT]

She was a CNN camerawoman.

Why wouldn't someone consider the left slanting CNN network full of caged animals. Peanuts? Our mascot is an elephant.

This gets news but Mia Love's wikipage being defaced by lefty racists gets no mainstream press time at all.

Quote:
“CNN can confirm there was an incident directed at an employee inside the Tampa Bay Times Forum earlier this afternoon,” the network said in a statement. “CNN worked with convention officials to address this matter and will have no further comment.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...#ixzz24xpodVW6
Looks like the anchor tweeted the comment, who knows if that's true or not. The left is looking for any excuse they can find to play the race card at the RNC.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:15 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Lol, I clearly wrote that she won the nomination, just not with very many votes. So why are you asking me a question I already know based on saying she won the nomination? It is odd.

In terms of how hating black conservatives or wanting black people to blah, blah, blah.

All you have to do is look and compare the number of Democratic black elected officials to the number of Republicans. That says all that one needs to say about who thinks who is capable or not.

See the Democratic party nominates and gets elects far far far more black politicians than Republicans.

I know in your mind that means the Democratic party thinks black people are blah, blah, blah, but to sane people nominating and electing people means you don't think very negatively of their racial group.

The Republican party has tokens. There are dozens of black mayors who are Democrats. Some of them are the mayors of some of the largest cites in the nation.
These black elected Democratic mayors received 10's of THOUSANDS of votes not 861 like Mia Love(you do know that Mia isn't her given first name).

And few of them are considered stars. Most are completely unknown despite being mayors of very large American cities.

Let's see there are the mayors of Detroit, Washington DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Columbus, Jacksonville, Memphis, Charlotte, Atlanta, Buffalo, Kansas City, Cleveland, Durham, Richmond, Shreveport, Baton Rogue, Cinncinati, Birmingham, Jackson, Sacramento, Newark, Denver, Alexandria, and many, many more.

With the exception of the Mayor of Newark and maybe Philadelphia, none of these mayors are considered stars. They are completely unremarkable, because there are dozens and dozens of elected black mayors who are Democrats.

The Republicans are so full of fail at fielding and electing black candidates that they are trying to highlight a woman who won an election in a town of 18,000 people because she is black. That is pandering, that is thinking little of black people.

I wish Mia Love all the best.
I am with you this. I do think former Emanuel Cleaver is a star. He over came the adversity of being a poor kid in a large family in Texas. They lived in an old chicken house out behind a regular house and slept sideways on the bed so all could sleep on a mattress. The coop had no glass windows either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections