Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2012, 06:05 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,823,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
I'm tired of being financially responsible, not spending more than I can afford while financially irresponsible gets bailed out.
I'm tired of every 3rd month not getting paid because I send a huge check to the federal government
I'm tired of everyone saying I need to pay my fair share when I pay a lot in taxes.
I'm tired of everyone saying I need to pay my fair share when they don't pay a dime in federal tax.
I'm tired of working 50 hours or more a week to pay "all" of my bills
I'm tired of paying 100% of my mortgage while others get help.
I'm tired of being paying for 100% of my grocery bill while others get free food.
I'm tired of paying 100% of my cell phone bill while others get a free phone and free service.
I'm tired of working overtime to pay for 100% of my kids education while others get free school.
I'm tired of working to pay for 100% of my heating bill but others get it for free.

I'm just plain tired of working for the poor.
Quote:
So what, people are so jealous. I will never be as rich and all hopes of even being well off is gone with Obama but at least I don't suck off other people. Living off others and being green with envy and jealousy seems to be more in style these days.
Quote:
We hear so much about giving to the poor but they remain poor. And now in doing so our country is now poor. HOW MUCH would it take for people to not be poor anyway?
Quote:
Zimar, you do realize that your your response to my post makes you sound like you don't have a clue lol. And from your previous post it is obvious that it is not I who expects Obama to solve my problems but it is you.

Obama can solve all our problems by doing what he promised. A ONE TERM PRESIDENT and getting the hell out of our way instead of trying to ram his bizarre Obama "from the middle class out" up everyone else's ass. I've asked several times how from the "middle class out" works and it is funny how the left will cheer with joy because it came out of Obama's mouth but as they cheer they do not have a clue to what "build from the middle class out" means.
Your posts do nothing but show contempt for people less fortunate than yourself. Guess what, I AM well off. Things get better for me every single year no matter who the president is. Why shouldn't I have contempt for someone like you? If I were like you, I would dismiss you as someone who made poor choices and now spends her leisure time blaming the President. I'm tired of exemplars of mediocrity playing public policy expert and pretend rich person. Your interests do not align with the likes of Mitt Romney, and they never will. The Republican fantasy that the "poor" are draining our wealth and that wealth the 1% hoard to themselves is somehow going to trickle down on you, like dog pee on a fire hydrant, is nothing but the delusion of uneducated, ill-informed, lower-middle-class wannabe aristocrats who probably don't even associate with any real rich people or know anything about how they really live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 06:15 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,335,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Wow, they are both in their 60's and NEVER had a financial struggle. How many Americans can identify with that?

Ann Romney: Mitt's been 'demonized' - POLITICO.com
Can anyone in America identify with Obama? Raised as a Muslim in Indonesia then pushed through Columbia and Harvard with poor grades. Sound like any American you know?

Old 09-10-2012, 06:17 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
Your posts do nothing but show contempt for people less fortunate than yourself. Guess what, I AM well off. Things get better for me every single year no matter who the president is. Why shouldn't I have contempt for someone like you? If I were like you, I would dismiss you as someone who made poor choices and now spends her leisure time blaming the President. I'm tired of exemplars of mediocrity playing public policy expert and pretend rich person. Your interests do not align with the likes of Mitt Romney, and they never will. The Republican fantasy that the "poor" are draining our wealth and that wealth the 1% hoard to themselves is somehow going to trickle down on you, like dog pee on a fire hydrant, is nothing but the delusion of uneducated, ill-informed, lower-middle-class wannabe aristocrats who probably don't even associate with any real rich people or know anything about how they really live.
That's great. So is it safe to say you've sent money to Obama's alcoholic half-brother living in poverty in Kenya since Obama won't help his own flesh and blood?

Old 09-10-2012, 06:31 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
I was in a class at church once when the question was asked if anyone had ever been hungry because they could not buy food and had no money to buy some. I was one of the few in the class that had never been hungry because no food was available. I was shocked. We were certainly not the richest in the class. Maybe we were just better managers of our money.

My husband and I were both lucky to have "salt of the earth" parents that were there for us during our rough times. Just as we are here for our children now.

This does not mean that we have lived lavish life styles; but that we have been taught the right way to live. I do not go out and pay $200 for a handbag although I could afford to do so. I am just not that crazy and it does not make me feel good to do such things. I am more than what I eat or wear. Maybe that is the difference in the Romney's of the world.

I saw a post on facebook listing the cost of Michele Obama's frock at the DNC. In my opinion, she would have been more appropriately dressed if she had gone somewhere and bought a nice dressy suit that covered a little more of her. Maybe I have it wrong, but I consider a political convention a business meeting, not a Hollywood runway.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:53 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Can anyone in America identify with Obama? Raised as a Muslim in Indonesia then pushed through Columbia and Harvard with poor grades. Sound like any American you know?
First off, your post is BS. If you have proof that Obama had poor grades, cough it up. Otherwise, let's be clear that you are making things up, like most of the RWNJs in this country.

I most certainly can identify with Obama. I came from a broken home, from my appearance am neither here nor there (I refer to myself as being "off-white" because I am half middle eastern.) And because I chose a profession typically associated with being male, all my life I have put up with idiots who assumed that I was a token and only got to where I am because of quotas.

Guess what? I'm as smart, as hard-working and as skilled as the best of them and if there is one thing that I have learned, it is that there are a lot of loser white males who think they should be at the top of the heap because of their color and gender (which were handed to them at birth as opposed to being earned) as opposed to ability and dedication.

You sound like one of those angry white losers. Maybe you need to vent at an empty chair for a while.

Last edited by FrugalYankee; 09-10-2012 at 08:04 PM..

Old 09-10-2012, 07:26 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Well, it sure as hell doesn't sound like President Obama.

Same old lies that have been disproved over and over but still repeated by the sheep.

Sad.

Last edited by Cinebar; 09-10-2012 at 07:41 PM..

Old 09-10-2012, 07:30 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,823,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
That's great. So is it safe to say you've sent money to Obama's alcoholic half-brother living in poverty in Kenya since Obama won't help his own flesh and blood?
In my experience, relatives who live overseas are infuriating and think of their American relatives as piggy-banks who can send them any expensive item or financial donation they want. Then they'll invite themselves to your home on their timetable and expect you to take vacations so that you can take them sightseeing, or come home early from work every day to entertain them and take them shopping. THEN, when you point out they live in a ****hole and maybe they should consider emigrating (with your bottomless assistance of course), they act like living in America looks too darn hard and they'd rather stay where they are and make demands on you, thank you very much. This is how Republicans feel about poor people, I finally understand it!! LOL!!!

So I sort of identify with Obama on that front. Now, do you want to talk about Mitt Romney being the worst candidate ever or is that just too depressing for you, you'd rather speculate on President Obama's personal affairs some more?

Old 09-10-2012, 07:47 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
First off, your post is BS. If you have proof that Obama had poor grades, cough it up. Otherwise, let's be clear that you are making things up, like most of the RWNJs in this country.

I most certainly can identify with Obaba. I came from a broken home, from my appearance am neither here nor there (I refer to myself as being "off-white" because I am half middle eastern.) And because I chose a profession typically associated with being male, all my life I have put up with idiots who assumed that I was a token and only got to where I am because of quotas.

Guess what? I'm as smart, as hard-working and as skilled as the best of them and if there is one thing that I have learned, it is that there are a lot of loser white males who think they should be at the top of the heap because of their color and gender (which were handed to them at birth as opposed to being earned) as opposed to ability and dedication.

You sound like one of those angry white losers. Maybe you need to vent at an empty chair for a while.

(Couldn't rep you.)
Quote:
LOL

Old 09-10-2012, 09:37 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N. Olikee View Post
WHAT?! That you have to be Poor to Empathize..............logic??
Let's not forget Mitt's "I don't care about poor people" because of the social safety net, which by the way his running mate Paul Ryan would like to substantially curtail.

Why don't you just admit it, Mitt doesn't give f**k about average working people who have to struggle everyday to make ends meet.

There is nothing that he's really shown during this entire campaign that shows he can relate to the problems and struggles many Americans are facing today.

Every economic policy Mitt Romney believes in helps affluent Americans more than it does middle class or poor Americans.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:21 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Please show me where it says that Obama and Clinton were born wealthy. I mean have you forgotten Bill Clinton's life story? There are a lot of bad things you can say about him but you have to hand it to him for standing on his own two feet at an early age and making something of himself given what he was born into.

You're not getting it. This is about two grown-up rich kids trying oh-so-hard to relate to the populace that they think should elect them. Take a look at how Ann sabotaged Mitt's chance when he was running for Senate from MA. Nobody bought her sob story about how tough it was to study as a mother (she had a baby-sitter for when she was in class) or how they had to <gasp> eat tuna and pasta. Both of them need to stop running her mouths - her with her "struggles" and how tough it was when they had to sell of some of their stock while he was at Harvard, and him with his suggestion to "borrow money from your parents" to start a business or study. Gee Mitt, maybe if we could borrow your parents too LOL. Then again NO THANKS, I'd rather be the self-made woman that I am than be like any of the Romneys.

I challenge you: Please show me where ANYONE--me, included--has said that Obama and Clinton were "born rich".

I do not "identify" with either Obama OR Romney, as to the circumstances of their lives. Romney was born into money. Obama is half black and was raised in Indonesia by his mother and Muslim step-father and later in Hawaii by his grandparents. His father, whom he never knew, was a Kenyan Muslim. I have nothing in common with either of them as to backgrounds and circumstances of birth. I "identify" more with a person's values as expressed in their lives by their actions and that leads me to "identify" more with Romney than I do with Obama.

As for avoiding the draft during the Vietnam years, the thread had drifted into the area of military service so that is why the military service of presidents, and candidates, were mentioned. Jimmy Carter was the last Democrat president who had any military service. The Bushes, GWHB and GWB, were the last Republican presidents who had military service.

The politics of envy and class warfare that is rampant on the Left is a bad omen for the future of this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections